• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Glastonbury Thread

• Thread starter Ebo
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 311
  • Views: Views 11,963
Well done everyone Greta will be so proud.

Attachments

• 9C29F015-7069-46AD-8A4A-1A4D38AD81B5.jpeg
    630.9 KB · Views: 509
  • 663BB92B-00CE-4BA0-A5CD-241795A42B91.jpeg
    136.1 KB · Views: 509
Jack2jack said:
Looks like they didn't provide enough bins. FFS.

That looks pretty normal I'm afraid. There's usually something about the start of the clean up on our local TV news. There can be up to 1300 people involved and the clean up usually takes up to 6 weeks before the site is back to being a dairy farm. There was a documentary about the clean up on our local TV 3 or 4 years ago and it's astonishing how many fridges and TVs are left behind! Can't imagine this year will be any different.

karnataka said:
Jack2jack said:
Looks like they didn't provide enough bins. FFS.

That looks pretty normal I'm afraid. There's usually something about the start of the clean up on our local TV news. There can be up to 1300 people involved and the clean up usually takes up to 6 weeks before the site is back to being a dairy farm. There was a documentary about the clean up on our local TV 3 or 4 years ago and it's astonishing how many fridges and TVs are left behind! Can't imagine this year will be any different.

I don’t dispute that D but things were meant to be getting better and they’re clearly not.

Darran said:
karnataka said:

I don’t dispute that D but things were meant to be getting better and they’re clearly not.

At least we can be fairly confident the staff at Glastonbury will dispose of that correctly. The average concert hall looks almost as bad once the lights come up at the end, albeit on a smaller scale of course.

Darran said:
karnataka said:

Indeed, but unfortunately, over the last 2-3 years, we seem to be heading towards becoming an "I only care about me" type of society so I can't say I'm surprised. By the way, are those 2 photographs of this year's festival or even taken the same year as each other as I've just noticed that each pic shows a different pyramid stage design?

karnataka said:
Darran said:

Indeed, but unfortunately, over the last 2-3 years, we seem to be heading towards becoming an "I only care about me" type of society so I can't say I'm surprised. By the way, are those 2 photographs of this year's festival or even taken the same year as each other as I've just noticed that each pic shows a different pyramid stage design?

No idea I saw them on Twitter. :lol:

Darran said:
Well done everyone Greta will be so proud.

That is from a few years back as no CND sign at the top of the pyramid. There will always be a mess as there are a lot of lazy people. They have banned single use plastics and that site will be clear of most of the litter in 72 hours - amazing work the volunteers do. Cows go back in late August.

Darran said:
karnataka said:

Apparently it’s not and I am more than prepared to take my punishment for believing everything on Twitter is true. :lol:

Darran said:
Darran said:

Apparently it’s not and I am more than prepared to take my punishment for believing everything on Twitter is true. :lol:

Lots saying that there were far too many people there on Sunday as they release thousands of Sunday day tickets to people living local, up to 30k extra. There were crushes in some areas so they had to make one way systems for crowds. Never seen it like that in all the years I have been even in 2000 when thousands went over the fence.

Is it true Reading and the Isle of Wight are better?
Does Creamfields still happen?

Jackfath said:
Ah yes, I love music festivals.

I'm amazed there isn't one being held on Gower and in Pembrokeshire.

Ideal for illegal raves apparently

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back