• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Glastonbury Thread

• Thread starter Ebo
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 311
  • Views: Views 11,967
Think they have a thing using tuning fork masks , must be a link to music ?

Pet shop Boys just so much better to listen to than Kendrick Lamar...they have decent melody....

Swanjaxs said:
Bolloxs!
Been watching this rapper for an hour waiting for the PSB to come on and just realised they are under the red button!!! c***s 😟

This was my favourite year, so many clashes and that Saturday night on pyramid is mega.

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2003/lineup.shtml

Obviously for their final number they performed Being Boring which was a personal preference of theirs . Why not go out with a bang , it was bit sombre for a finale after a great show .

The first year I went to Glastonbury my brother informed me we were staying in Howard Marks’s caravan prior to his arrival. I mean he’s seen some sights but I’m not sure he was prepared for the utter shitstorm he walked into. I definitely heard him utter “cocks” under his breath, but a lovely chap he was. Anyway I’ve been quite underwhelmed by the lineup this year, or am I just old?

There's some talent out there but some are out to shock.....it's all been done before unfortunately, I never want to see Self Esteem and Yves Tumor again in my life!

Also the BBC overhyped Paul McCartney, poor old Robert Plant, Paul Heaton, Pet shop boys had no fanfare whatsoever.....I'd argue that many that went or tuned in were more interested in those 3 than him or Diana Ross.
I'd never heard of Hendrick Lamar

Robbie said:
Obviously for their final number they performed Being Boring which was a personal preference of theirs . Why not go out with a bang , it was bit sombre for a finale after a great show .

Coincidentally, 'Being Boring' is one of my favourites of theirs because I like the lyrics but I agree, it's not a show closer and 'Always on My Mind' and 'It's A Sin" would have been the obvious choices judging by the audience reactions.

They had already started when I tuned in to watch them and I hadn't realised they'd had technical problems hence my earlier 'karaoke' jibe but once those were sorted, they certainly put on a great visual show.

karnataka said:
Robbie said:

Coincidentally, 'Being Boring' is one of my favourites of theirs because I like the lyrics but I agree, it's not a show closer and 'Always on My Mind' and 'It's A Sin" would have been the obvious choices judging by the audience reactions.

They had already started when I tuned in to watch them and I hadn't realised they'd had technical problems hence my earlier 'karaoke' jibe but once those were sorted, they certainly put on a great visual show.

Though 'Being Boring' is a big PSB fans favourite. Also their best song lyrically. They were very enjoyable. I like their intelligence and Neil Tennant is very erudite in interviews.

karnataka said:
Robbie said:

Yes , first half hour Neil Tennant was on his own , no sign of Chris Lowe , although the stage seemed to be set up for the duo , he did admit technical difficulties at that point .

Most acts finish with a throw the kitchen sink at them attitude for the finale .

karnataka said:
Robbie said:

I think they may have moved Being Boring to the end because of the events of Oslo so they swapped it.

Watched perhaps 15 or 20 minutes of Kendrick Lamar before giving up and swapping to the PSB. They were fantastic.

I enjoyed the whole thing more than I have for a few years. Always think it helps when it’s sunny. Even when watching on TV it just works better.

I’m sure everyone will agree that music is subjective though I can’t understand anyone wanting to listen to that silly c*nt last night myself.

Londonlisa2001 said:
karnataka said:

I think they may have moved Being Boring to the end because of the events of Oslo so they swapped it.

Watched perhaps 15 or 20 minutes of Kendrick Lamar before giving up and swapping to the PSB. They were fantastic.

I enjoyed the whole thing more than I have for a few years. Always think it helps when it’s sunny. Even when watching on TV it just works better.

As did I.

The 'event' in Oslo seems to be more frequent of late. Always seems somehow less talked about these attacks than Islamist terrorism. The nail bomb in Old Compton Street always seemed particularly vicious.
It was the right song to reflect this.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back