• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Glastonbury Thread

• Thread starter Ebo
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 311
  • Views: Views 11,967
Darran said:
I’m sure everyone will agree that music is subjective though I can’t understand anyone wanting to listen to that silly c*nt last night myself.

I try to give everything a go but to be absolutely honest the sight of white posh kids down from West London screaming ‘bitch’ every 10 seconds while pretending to be from the same part of Compton as Kendrick Lamar wasn’t really for me. I like some, a lot actually, of the earlier hip hop stuff but I don’t enjoy this stuff.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Darran said:
I’m sure everyone will agree that music is subjective though I can’t understand anyone wanting to listen to that silly c*nt last night myself.

I try to give everything a go but to be absolutely honest the sight of white posh kids down from West London screaming ‘bitch’ every 10 seconds while pretending to be from the same part of Compton as Kendrick Lamar wasn’t really for me. I like some, a lot actually, of the earlier hip hop stuff but I don’t enjoy this stuff.

I wholeheartedly concur.
It’s weird. :lol:

Londonlisa2001 said:
Darran said:

I lived and worked in Compton.

West Berkshire rather than South Central LA though.

Professor said:
Londonlisa2001 said:
I think they may have moved Being Boring to the end because of the events of Oslo so they swapped it.

Watched perhaps 15 or 20 minutes of Kendrick Lamar before giving up and swapping to the PSB. They were fantastic.

I enjoyed the whole thing more than I have for a few years. Always think it helps when it’s sunny. Even when watching on TV it just works better.

As did I.

The 'event' in Oslo seems to be more frequent of late. Always seems somehow less talked about these attacks than Islamist terrorism. The nail bomb in Old Compton Street always seemed particularly vicious.
It was the right song to reflect this.

The Oslo attack is awful. One of a few attacks recently. This time an Iranian I think so a little outside the ‘normal’ Islamic stuff which is Sunni rather than Shia so not sure until they release more what it’s about other than it’s obviously an attack on people for being gay with some sort of ‘religious’ justification in their warped, pissy little brains.

I’m feeling very low to be honest about this whole few days. I’m deeply concerned about the continuing rise in religious justification for being monstrous to other people.

We have Islamic attacks in Oslo, right wing commentators here thinking it’s ok to use the pride flag to mimic a swastika for the sake of social media ‘likes’, the lurching to ever increasing religious authoritarianism amongst the right wing of America, constant attacks on women and women’s rights. We seem to be going backwards at an alarming rate of knots. When exactly did it become so ok to revel in stupidity? When did it become ok for our political leaders to just stand there and lie? Over and over again.

This culture war stuff has become dangerous to an alarming degree. People are just content to cheer on anything which ‘annoys’ people they don’t like. Even if it’s transparently nonsensical or appalling.

I notice that the thread on abortion has disappeared today. No idea whether stuff was put in there which required removing since yesterday? Not sure why if so individual posts weren’t removed rather than a thread? I guess we will never now learn what these ‘facts’ were. Imagine my surprise.

Professor said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

I lived and worked in Compton.

West Berkshire rather than South Central LA though.

Some of them were definitely from Berkshire to be fair. Notting Hill is empty during Glastonbury! Mean streets…

Londonlisa2001 said:
Professor said:
As did I.

The 'event' in Oslo seems to be more frequent of late. Always seems somehow less talked about these attacks than Islamist terrorism. The nail bomb in Old Compton Street always seemed particularly vicious.

The Oslo attack is awful. One of a few attacks recently. This time an Iranian I think so a little outside the ‘normal’ Islamic stuff which is Sunni rather than Shia so not sure until they release more what it’s about other than it’s obviously an attack on people for being gay with some sort of ‘religious’ justification in their warped, pissy little brains.

I’m feeling very low to be honest about this whole few days. I’m deeply concerned about the continuing rise in religious justification for being monstrous to other people.

We have Islamic attacks in Oslo, right wing commentators here thinking it’s ok to use the pride flag to mimic a swastika for the sake of social media ‘likes’, the lurching to ever increasing religious authoritarianism amongst the right wing of America, constant attacks on women and women’s rights. We seem to be going backwards at an alarming rate of knots. When exactly did it become so ok to revel in stupidity? When did it become ok for our political leaders to just stand there and lie? Over and over again.

This culture war stuff has become dangerous to an alarming degree. People are just content to cheer on anything which ‘annoys’ people they don’t like. Even if it’s transparently nonsensical or appalling.

I notice that the thread on abortion has disappeared today. No idea whether stuff was put in there which required removing since yesterday? Not sure why if so individual posts weren’t removed rather than a thread? I guess we will never now learn what these ‘facts’ were. Imagine my surprise.

Think it got removed as Tummer got piled on . Meanwhile on the 'other side' he is being treated as a hero which goes to show the depths they are scraping. My nephew is terrified as he is gay and has been happily married for 4 years, he is saying that if they start reviewing same sex marriages over in the states then it could easily happen here. He made an absolutely amazing speech at his wedding describing how 25 years ago we would not be doing this and paying tribute to the brave people who fought for this. Best wedding I have been too - not just the free bar at St Barts in Clerkenwell though :)

Londonlisa2001 said:
Professor said:
As did I.

Threads on both boards removed. Sadly commentary from middle aged men (of which I am one) rather gloating about it this morning. As was commented yesterday all about 'winning ' and 'control'. And apparently 'leftists' pushing their fascism. As our exchange over the weekend showed I did not overly like how one individual was called out. However, when lies and untruths are repeatedly given as 'facts' then one can see the playbook of fascism (as used by Bannon) in use. Eventually people believe it. There are clearly places purporting to be football forums where extreme right wing politics, fundamental religious views and conspiracy theories are fine. But calling it out is wrong. And I don't mean right wing as in UK conservative party.

Simon Schama's quote "“American democracy is in deep trouble. It can’t survive in its present form if the constitution is manipulated to impose minority rule.” summed it up well for me. I doubt if he is on OANN, parler or bitchute.

Ebo said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

Think it got removed as Tummer got piled on . Meanwhile on the 'other side' he is being treated as a hero which goes to show the depths they are scraping. My nephew is terrified as he is gay and has been happily married for 4 years, he is saying that if they start reviewing same sex marriages over in the states then it could easily happen here. He made an absolutely amazing speech at his wedding describing how 25 years ago we would not be doing this and paying tribute to the brave people who fought for this. Best wedding I have been too - not just the free bar at St Barts in Clerkenwell though :)

Homophobic attacks in the US have increased sharply in the last 2-3 years. Termination of pregnancy is lower than the 1990s. Both factual comments.

I fear for LGBT+ rights. I can't pretend to understand it all as a heterosexual or cis white male, but I do worry about the future for the 'queer' friends I have. But of course it's all 'leftie' hypocrisy Ebo.

Professor said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

Threads on both boards removed. Sadly commentary from middle aged men (of which I am one) rather gloating about it this morning. As was commented yesterday all about 'winning ' and 'control'. And apparently 'leftists' pushing their fascism. As our exchange over the weekend showed I did not overly like how one individual was called out. However, when lies and untruths are repeatedly given as 'facts' then one can see the playbook of fascism (as used by Bannon) in use. Eventually people believe it. There are clearly places purporting to be football forums where extreme right wing politics, fundamental religious views and conspiracy theories are fine. But calling it out is wrong. And I don't mean right wing as in UK conservative party.

Simon Schama's quote "“American democracy is in deep trouble. It can’t survive in its present form if the constitution is manipulated to impose minority rule.” summed it up well for me. I doubt if he is on OANN, parler or bitchute.

Both boards? It was on the football board as well? Didn’t notice that.

As I said in the thread I attempt to ignore Tummer (I assume that’s who you refer to) since he sent a tweet ( I had his Twitter on my feed together with lots of Swans fans for a bit) that was absolutely sickening to me.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Professor said:

As I said in the thread I attempt to ignore Tummer (I assume that’s who you refer to) since he sent a tweet ( I had his Twitter on my feed together with lots of Swans fans for a bit) that was absolutely sickening to me.

Forums, sorry Lisa. A decision was made by Phil & Keith to remove from both.
I don't have him on Twitter. I think Darran is the only person I follow-in case I miss any instance of Cheap Trick or Robert Plant appearing.

It's mostly science and music for me.

Just flicking though youtube and someone uploaded the Elbow song "one day" from yesterdays Glastonbury set where they had the world refugee choir and a puppet to represent a Syrian refugee. The title of the video described it as 'woke' and the comments were even more sickening. Triggered by a choir and a giant puppet - shows how weak they are. God help them if they saw Idles or Sleaford Mods!

Ebo said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

Sorry, I’ve just realised prof was referring to the fans network site as well. I must say I didn’t even think of looking what they had to say. I can only imagine with some of them.

I genuinely don’t think we will see the same here. Even the loons won’t dare. Here it will be all about race and immigration. I don’t think they will dare touch gay rights or abortion.

I have several friends in the clergy. One of whom is a Bishop sitting in the House of Lords. They have been unanimous in their complete condemnation of the removal of safe abortion for a large chunk of America’s women. Several shared quite heartbreaking stories in the past few days of women they have counselled. We have a (largely) different type of clergy here. At least those with the political power. Less tubthumping evangelical right wingers and more educated thinkers with quite liberal views. It’s why this government keeps criticising them.

Professor said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

I don't have him on Twitter. I think Darran is the only person I follow-in case I miss any instance of Cheap Trick or Robert Plant appearing.

Yeah. I realised after. I don’t use Twitter really to tweet myself other than once in a blue moon and I’ve stopped following stuff that winds me up.

Professor said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

👁👁

Londonlisa2001 said:
Ebo said:

Sorry, I’ve just realised prof was referring to the fans network site as well. I must say I didn’t even think of looking what they had to say. I can only imagine with some of them.

I genuinely don’t think we will see the same here. Even the loons won’t dare. Here it will be all about race and immigration. I don’t think they will dare touch gay rights or abortion.

I have several friends in the clergy. One of whom is a Bishop sitting in the House of Lords. They have been unanimous in their complete condemnation of the removal of safe abortion for a large chunk of America’s women. Several shared quite heartbreaking stories in the past few days of women they have counselled. We have a (largely) different type of clergy here. At least those with the political power. Less tubthumping evangelical right wingers and more educated thinkers with quite liberal views. It’s why this government keeps criticising them.

Most CoE and even RC priests are pretty well educated. I went to King's London-a religious university at its heart and certainly UK theology is far from the rather selective evangelical view of Christianity.

I was lucky enough to take the "Social Impact of the Biosciences" module at Kings. It was run by a very nice and strongly religious scientist with Maurice Wilkins, an atheist, Nobel Prize winner with Crick and Watson and who had worked on the Manhattan Project. Most important learning of my life around ethics and responsibility and most importantly around thinking and philosophy. I guess you would say it was humanist rather than left wing.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back