• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Goodbye Ryan Manning

Russell Martin has practically confirmed that left bsck Ryan Manning will leave at the end of his contract this summer after talks between the player and club have broken down. The defender signed from QPR in October 2020 and has become a mainstay in the team especially since Martin’s arrival but...

Read more

Equally hard to be either excited or disappointed by any news coming out of the club at the moment.

If we’re going to insist on degrading the quality of the squad over the next few seasons I’d prefer not to buy anyone and bring in the likes of Dan Lloyd, Congrieve, Joseph and Whittaker to play regularly. The only other option is to allow this manager to keep accumulating duds, and we’re only going to sink further down the league(s) anyway.

Darran said:
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/russell-martin-reveals-star-leave-26278562
" with new targets already lined up " fukin joke that is.

Blackpooljack said:
" with new targets already lined up " fukin joke that is.

This despite the fact that the club already has a backup left back with pace and delivery in the squad that RM has frozen out and forced to go out on loan to get game time. Couldn't make it up

Well that's a surprise.
Manning was always going. Anyone really blame him? He's had a decent season and with no transfer fee should get a nice wage increase.
Good luck to him.

As much as he’s been great this season, he wants 19K a week which is way too much imo.

Swansea93 said:
As much as he’s been great this season, he wants 19K a week which is way too much imo.

To be fair 19k for a top Championship performer who is only 26 years old isn't outside of realistic expectations.

£19k a week? The world has gone insane.
Why don’t they bring home as much as a bus driver or a security guard or a librarian or something?
Because they don’t exactly earn or deserve silly amounts of money.

Swansea93 said:

Wouldn't even say he's been that great. Hardworking for sure, but I'm bored of watching him fail to beat the first man with a cross half a dozen times a game.

Dr. Winston said:
Wouldn't even say he's been that great. Hardworking for sure, but I'm bored of watching him fail to beat the first man with a cross half a dozen times a game.

Don't forget his dying swan acts.

He's a very average player who stands out slightly in our team due to the lack of options.

SgorioFruit said:
£19k a week? The world has gone insane.
Why don’t they bring home as much as a bus driver or a security guard or a librarian or something?
Because they don’t exactly earn or deserve silly amounts of money.

Promotion to the PL is worth a couple of hundred million quid to a business. If the best librarians could net their employers that sort of windfall they'd be paid well too. There is no inherent value to kicking a ball around a field really well, but the football industry has created that value and who but the players deserve to reap the most benefit? If they get paid less it all goes to owners/shareholders instead.

Manning came to us because we were willing to pay more than QPR, so it's no shock that he's leaving in the same manner. Took him a while to get going but been one of our best this season so I'd expect one of the clubs gambling on promotion have their eye on him.

What concerns me is not the fact he's leaving, but that Russ could be the one who'll bring in a replacement. His network of contacts concerns me.

sainthelens said:
What concerns me is not the fact he's leaving, but that Russ could be the one who'll bring in a replacement. His network of contacts concerns me.

Quite.

Whether Manning is very good, good or average is subjective (I think he’s one of our better players), I have no faith at all that his replacement will be as good let alone better.

The decline of our club will continue.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back