• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Grimes

The most infuriating thing for me is on the odd occasion when he's actually in midfield, he'll sprint towards whichever defender has the ball, they'll pass it to him and without even taking a look over his shoulder to see if he can turn, he'll pass it straight back to them first time. No doubt thinking "that's another completed pass"
They all look so smugly pleased with themselves when they do that too, especially if it's a 40 yard first time back pass from the attacking third when there's no one behind them.

Just to chuck my 2 pence in, I think Grimes is our best player.
With those 2 quick wingers we’ve been crying out for though, he really needs to start taking more risks, exactly like he used to do with Dan James and Celina.

No idea why he's captain. The lack of leadership on the pitch is alarming.

To many players getting a free ride. It's all to friendly between them. Watch when we concede, they just pick the ball up and stroll to the centre circle.

I can't remember the last time I saw players calling each other out let alone our captain given anyone a rollocking.
I've never seen him lose his temper. Never. Not once.

If anyone wants to come on here and set me straight on that, then please feel free.

I think Ash and Garry Monk had an argument nearly every match back in the day, always moaning, always bollocking someone. Standards were set high. And kept high.

Chance would be a fine thing these days. It's all happy clappy, kumbaya, let's all be best mates. Turns my stomach. Not one leader in this squad, and the worst of the lot is our captain. It's a joke, but it's not in the slightest bit funny.

If anyone wants to come on here and set me straight on that, then please feel free.

I think Ash and Garry Monk had an argument nearly every match back in the day, always moaning, always bollocking someone. Standards were set high. And kept high.

Chance would be a fine thing these days. It's all happy clappy, kumbaya, let's all be best mates. Turns my stomach. Not one leader in this squad, and the worst of the lot is our captain. It's a joke, but it's not in the slightest bit funny.
Not sure I've seen him speak to a player let alone lose his temper.

I'm sure I've seen him tut at least once

It happens all the time in modern day football, a defender blocks a shot, and half a dozen fellow players slap his hand or fist bump him. It's all a total load of bollocks.

We had more leaders under Cooper too. Connor whilst a whinger would at least put players in their place. Guehi was vocal too

Now we are all great pals.

We had more leaders under Cooper too. Connor whilst a whinger would at least put players in their place. Guehi was vocal too

Now we are all great pals.
That's more than fair.

I disliked Cooperball immensely, but even I would acknowledge that there was at least some proper balls to his teams. Ayew wasn't shy either.

This current squad is full of players who go into their shell at the slightest knock back, and who wouldn't say boo to a goose. Weedy, weak and flimsy. And it shows, most weeks.

That's more than fair.

I disliked Cooperball immensely, but even I would acknowledge that there was at least some proper balls to his teams. Ayew wasn't shy either.

This current squad is full of players who go into their shell at the slightest knock back, and who wouldn't say boo to a goose. Weedy, weak and flimsy. And it shows, most weeks.
I also disliked Cooperball and was vocal about it. My hope was that his replacement would mirror Rodgers following Sousa and would introduce some excitement to the structure already in place. I probably should have considered how fortunate we were then and it was unlikely to be repeated!

Those that slag off Matty, don't get football, and clearly have absolutely no comprehension of playing CM to a decent level.

Comedy gold how the usual suspects (fatboy Jobsworth, most notably) are consistently showing themselves up for knowing naff all about football. And all the meek sheeple pile on in, as per. Take a step back sheeple, watch, think and 'see' for yourselves instead of the twp eyes wide shut of the herd.

Best CDM in the league, leads by example, Chief Exec of on-field strategy and tactics, leader of men (and properly dishes it out in training where he sets the example), the go-to calm, assured, intelligent Warburtonesque leader at all times - ask anybody currently (and previously) invested - players, managers, owners, staff, informed fans.......

Look across all Swans SM - the twps slag him off, the footballing intelligentsia sit back, enjoy and applaud our last remaining thread to our famed Swansea way.

Poor, cringe thread, in so many ways.

Those that slag off Matty, don't get football, and clearly have absolutely no comprehension of playing CM to a decent level.

Comedy gold how the usual suspects (fatboy Jobsworth, most notably) are consistently showing themselves up for knowing naff all about football. And all the meek sheeple pile on in, as per. Take a step back sheeple, watch, think and 'see' for yourselves instead of the twp eyes wide shut of the herd.

Best CDM in the league, leads by example, Chief Exec of on-field strategy and tactics, leader of men (and properly dishes it out in training where he sets the example), the go-to calm, assured, intelligent Warburtonesque leader at all times - ask anybody currently (and previously) invested - players, managers, owners, staff, informed fans.......

Look across all Swans SM - the twps slag him off, the footballing intelligentsia sit back, enjoy and applaud our last remaining thread to our famed Swansea way.

I'm surprised he's not been called up to the England squad.

I also disliked Cooperball and was vocal about it. My hope was that his replacement would mirror Rodgers following Sousa and would introduce some excitement to the structure already in place. I probably should have considered how fortunate we were then and it was unlikely to be repeated!
Roughly translated as :

- Martinwang was a proper waste of space and one of our biggest let downs who mugged off nigh on all of our twpest fanboys, to this day.

- Cooperball wanged Martinball 9-2 with proper effective, efficient winning footy.

Have the courage of your convictions - say it how it is, fella.

Sorry Mrs Grimes he's just pure caca

I was taking this post seriously, until you came up with the statements ‘best CDM in the league’ and ‘leader of men’.
Either you’re living in cuckoo land or you’re Matts mother.
Because he is neither of the two.

I'm surprised he's not been called up to the England squad.
You make an excellent point Smurf. In so many ways.

Matty was ofc an England International when penned in as the next Glen Hoddle. 16 England appearances at U21 level.

Matty shrugged that off and found his natural place as #1 CDM, in Swansea way down by the sea. The natural born leader to the ageing, spent Leon.

We should count our lucky stars 'n stripes.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back