• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Grimes

Marchamjack

First Team Player
Reaction score
Reported that we’ve turned down £2.5m from Fulham. How much do you think we’ll end up getting for him?

Will be a loss to us, but selling him’s inevitable of course.

The club are playing games, they are trying to get as much as possible for him but we could be stuck with a player who obviously doesn't want to be here and if that fee is down for certain players Martin would like we could lose out on those players.

Buckle in fellas its going to be a rough ride.

I’d probably take 3-3.5M for Grimes, the more I think of it the more I’m not worried about losing him in the team tbh, he’s so one footed, doesn’t contribute MUCH and we’ve all agreed he certainly ain’t a captain, if that money gets invested in a more creative midfielder then I’m all for it, especially as he is refusing to sign a new deal.

Fireboy said:
The club are playing games, they are trying to get as much as possible for him but we could be stuck with a player who obviously doesn't want to be here and if that fee is down for certain players Martin would like we could lose out on those players.

Obviously they’re holding out for as much as they can get, course they are. I just hope it doesn’t drag on to the extent that whatever crumbs from the fee Martin’s going to get it leaves enough time for him to get in the couple of players we clearly need and I suspect he’s been promised to get on taking the job. Then again the owners fckd over Potter at a similar time and with them I have zero confidence.

Marchamjack said:
Fireboy said:

Obviously they’re holding out for as much as they can get, course they are. I just hope it doesn’t drag on to the extent that whatever crumbs from the fee Martin’s going to get it leaves enough time for him to get in the couple of players we clearly need and I suspect he’s been promised to get on taking the job. Then again the owners fckd over Potter at a similar time and with them I have zero confidence.

He may have to be prepared to wait until January to buy more players. We've already bought two midfielders. One who looks like a Grimes replacement anyway. Have to hope they get/stay fit.

Holding out for as much as they can... Like they did with Rodon, yeah good luck with that one.

https://planetswans.co.uk/2021/08/30/swans-turn-down-2-5m-bid-for-grimes-but-captain-looks-set-to-leave/

If we get anywhere near 3.5 m I'll drive him up
Problem is are Exeter due anything

Our owners can't win, hold out for us much as we can = useless, not enough time to buy anyone else with "crumbs". Sell for whatever early price comes in = useless, giving players away.

Swans fans eh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Neath_Jack said:
Our owners can't win, hold out for us much as we can = useless, not enough time to buy anyone else with "crumbs". Sell for whatever early price comes in = useless, giving players away.

Rubbish he's been going for months club should have plans in place for replacement
Fee would be the fee

Geoff thom said:
Neath_Jack said:

Rubbish he's been going for months club should have plans in place for replacement
Fee would be the fee

We've already bought two replacements for him. How many do you want?

What is the fee then Jeffrey? One that all you lot can agree on, realistically like, not in your dream world.

This football managing lark is easy eh :roll:

Geoff thom said:
Neath_Jack said:

Fee would be the fee

In fairness i think Downes is his replacement. Similar with Laird and Roberts.

Finally learnt from the Siggurdsson disaster of waiting until the money cleared in the bank before looking for replacements. Which left us in a right pickle.

We get anywhere near 3.5m take it ,I personally don't 🤔hr will set the world on fire
8ve gone on record that I'd get bannen better player even go back for joe

Bannan has just signed a new contract at Sheffield Wed and Allen would have to drop his wages by around 75% to come back.

Chief said:
Bannan has just signed a new contract at Sheffield Wed and Allen would have to drop his wages by around 75% to come back.
Even though he's signed a contract doesn't mean you can't put in offer

Swansea City v Bristol City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back