• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Grimes

JackBaston said:
eteb said:
Any idea on position? To be fair we do tend to keep transfers quiet

I wasnt told but hearing now it was Nesbit

We usually announce at 5pm - I’m waiting patiently!!

JackBaston said:
eteb said:
Any idea on position? To be fair we do tend to keep transfers quiet

I wasnt told but hearing now it was Nesbit

iu

JackBaston said:
eteb said:
Where e you read this? Seen nothing about incomings and no links either

Sources in the club said that a player weve spoken to for 2 weeks was in Swansea yesterday with announcement likely today

This is the only thing I know is 100% true
Nisbet was an assumption after a few people saying he also was in Swansea yesterday
But its someone weve courted for a few weeks and if it is Nesbit its probably dependant on Grimes or Roberts money

JackBaston said:
JackBaston said:
Sources in the club said that a player weve spoken to for 2 weeks was in Swansea yesterday with announcement likely today

Nesbit was an assumption after a few people saying he also was in Swansea yesterday
But its someone weve courted for a few weeks and if it is Nesbit its probably dependant on Grimes or Roberts money

Fingers crossed JB you're not one for rumours so I'd pay it at least some credence

A4Jack said:
JackBaston said:
Nesbit was an assumption after a few people saying he also was in Swansea yesterday

Fingers crossed JB you're not one for rumours so I'd pay it at least some credence

Im not claiming to be incredibly in the know
But who I heard from told me based on Morris talks the club would go full out on Martin which happened
and also told me Kasumu was wanted but we went for Downes instead after Kasumus injury and reluctance from MKDons to sell

I’ll go first…I’m glad I’m the event he’s ended up staying. Martin clearly rates him and I think he’ll make the difference between us finishing nearer mid table than bottom 3. Will be a good, solid, unifying presence amongst the newcomers.

Although could still leave of course in January for probably 500k or something derisory yet (hoping not)

Marchamjack said:
I’ll go first…I’m glad I’m the event he’s ended up staying. Martin clearly rates him and I think he’ll make the difference between us finishing nearer mid table than bottom 3. Will be a good, solid, unifying presence amongst the newcomers.

Although could still leave of course in January for probably 500k or something derisory yet (hoping not)

I'll guess that Martin will slowly chip away at him during the season for a new deal. What is clear is that Grimes likes it here - he says that to anyone who is close to him - and I'm not sure he wanted to leave despite what seemed to be being said by some. Martin wanted him and I'm guessing that the Swans potential "loss" in a fee this summer could easily be balanced out by what we would have had to pay out in replacement.

To the manager this is as good as a new signing no matter what people's individual thoughts are on the player

PSumbler said:
Marchamjack said:

I'll guess that Martin will slowly chip away at him during the season for a new deal. What is clear is that Grimes likes it here - he says that to anyone who is close to him - and I'm not sure he wanted to leave despite what seemed to be being said by some. Martin wanted him and I'm guessing that the Swans potential "loss" in a fee this summer could easily be balanced out by what we would have had to pay out in replacement.

To the manager this is as good as a new signing no matter what people's individual thoughts are on the player

You would know more than me Phil, but I would be amazed if Grimes didn't want to go to Fulham, for them continually coming in with bids last day it would point to his agent pushing.

Risc said:
PSumbler said:

You would know more than me Phil, but I would be amazed if Grimes didn't want to go to Fulham, for them continually coming in with bids last day it would point to his agent pushing.

Certainly no inside knowledge and not one that I am disagreeing with your view on as it makes sense but agents don't always represent the players best interests when dealing with transfers ;) I would say though that if Grimes really wanted to leave he would have left (IMO)

Swansea City v Bristol City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back