• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Grimes

It's bizarre to think that they're not. What significance you attach to those facts is another matter. But whether you like it or not stats are the whole basis of the success of Brighton and Brentford, both owned and led by data analytics gurus.

It's amazing the contortions people will go to to deny reality. The reality that Grimes is one of, if not our most progressive players and leading chance creator. If you're serious about analysing our undoubted attacking shortcomings Grimes is just about the last person to find wanting.

Some more, but our Coops be wondering why he isn’t scoring as many as Cullen shortly.

Some more, but our Coops be wondering why he isn’t scoring as many as Cullen shortly.
So, despite him being 2nd in the league for passes into the final third of the pitch out of about 70-odd players in a comparable position, he is about 20th-25th for expected assists.

About two-thirds of the players in the same quadrant as him on that graph make fewer passes but are more creative than he is.

Put simply - he plays an awful lot of passes into the final third of the pitch that don't tend to really hurt the opposition. Meanwhile, many other players play fewer passes than him into the final third, but their passes tend to hurt teams far more.

Yup, sounds about right.

So, despite him being 2nd in the league for passes into the final third of the pitch out of about 70-odd players in a comparable position, he is about 20th-25th for expected assists.

About two-thirds of the players in the same quadrant as him on that graph make fewer passes but are more creative than he is.

Put simply - he plays an awful lot of passes into the final third of the pitch that don't tend to really hurt the opposition. Meanwhile, many other players play fewer passes than him into the final third, but their passes tend to hurt teams far more.

Yup, sounds about right.

He’s a 6. While having a little gander I found an apt tweet from one of our fans which should put the thread to bed as per Jax request.

Come on mun, 1. The start point for this data set was more than three years ago. 2. It’s published by a pro Swansea Twitter account. 3. At around the same time it also published the photo below. 4. The same account rated Grimes at the 80th percentile for goal scoring when he’d scored zero goals. 5. If you can find a link to what Eom has said then you’ll get some credibility back. If not then those who remember Ki_is_God will will simply chortle to themselves.

Spend a few mins on #5, please.

Attachments

• 7B6CE3A5-78AB-4D84-89B4-7FC7841FF89E.jpeg
    7B6CE3A5-78AB-4D84-89B4-7FC7841FF89E.jpeg
    96.1 KB · Views: 4
Grimes is a DM whereas a lot of those other players, like Hamer, are 8s.

For a 6 Grimes' attacking contribution is outstanding, as shown by Magicdaps' posted tweet.

Come on mun, 1. The start point for this data set was more than three years ago. 2. It’s published by a pro Swansea Twitter account. 3. At around the same time it also published the photo below. 4. The same account rated Grimes at the 80th percentile for goal scoring when he’d scored zero goals. 5. If you can find a link to what Eom has said then you’ll get some credibility back. If not then those who remember Ki_is_God will will simply chortle to themselves.

Spend a few mins on #5, please.

It’s published by a pro swans twitter account? It’s data, it cannot be fabricated, the numbers are there to see. The link to Eom was said by someone else on this forum, someone who I assume will be Korean. I can find you plenty more of people within the game if you’d prefer?

Take a few mins taking in Gareth’s tweet above. A man who talks some sense I think.

He’s a 6. While having a little gander I found an apt tweet from one of our fans which should put the thread to bed as per Jax request.

"Line-breaking passes are those that go through a line of the opposing team's formation"

So, you know when you've got a player who spends most of the match dropping way too deep between his centre backs, and then just feeds the ball back into the midfield he's just vacated, just happening to pass the line of opposition attackers on the way?

That's a line breaking pass, that is.

Or, as I call them, "chocolate teapot" passes.

Line-breaking passes are those that go through a line of the opposing team’s formation. For example, a pass that goes between two opposing defenders is known as a line-breaking pass because it breaks through the defensive line.

In other words line-breaking passes are penetrative ones, not 10 metres ones to Fulton...

"Line-breaking passes are those that go through a line of the opposing team's formation"

So, you know when you've got a player who spends most of the match dropping way too deep between his centre backs, and then just feeds the ball back into the midfield he's just vacated, just happening to pass the line of opposition attackers on the way?

That's a line breaking pass, that is.

Or, as I call them, "chocolate teapot" passes.
Grimes dropping deep between the centre backs is a new thing whereas that tweet was from last season. I'm sorry but this denial of reality is reaching Trumpian proportions.

That's a false narrative. Cardiff didn't threaten our goal until the 74th minute by which time we'd created 6 openings. People take that 10 minute spell late on that Cardiff had in the second half that they'd dominated the whole half. Just not true.
Well it is, I witnessed it with my own eyes.

Line-breaking passes are those that go through a line of the opposing team’s formation. For example, a pass that goes between two opposing defenders is known as a line-breaking pass because it breaks through the defensive line.

In other words line-breaking passes are penetrative ones, not 10 metres ones to Fulton...
Except we know, from the scatter graph posted earlier, that most of his final third passes are anything but penetrative.

Honestly - keep tying yourselves up in knots with silly little graphs, the more you do it the more comical it gets, it's a hoot.

Except we know, from the scatter graph posted earlier, that most of his final third passes are anything but penetrative.

Honestly - keep tying yourselves up in knots with silly little graphs, the more you do it the more comical it gets, it's a hoot.
So just to clarify, we’re tying ourselves in knots from using genuine data, while you guys are using the old “trust me bro” 😂

Not rignt between the ears genuinely.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back