• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Harrison Ashby

Magic_Michu

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
For me, Send him back …

… we could do with better from a different loan player… we’re desperate for a new striker or winger.

It’d be better to take up Ashby’s loan space on an attacker - offers little for me.

We signed a season long loan, unless there's a clause (unlikely - they're usually the other way around) then he's here til May

A single moment of brilliance was all we had from Ashby really. There was next to no defensive work done on his part, our biggest issue right now is all our other right sided attackers are currently laid up with injuries of varying degrees of severity.

"The next Kieron Tripper"

Looks woefully out of his depth - his ball for our goal was the only thing he did of any note today but more often than not he was so far out of position he was exposed.

And if the first line is true then you are reading a post from the next Lionel Messi

Unfortunately, for us and him, 'Gashby' is looking more appropriate every game.

His body language doesn’t help either. Has that entitled ‘I’m a Prem League player, don’t you know’ demeanour.
And looks like he can’t be arsed to lower himself to busting a gut.

He had that same lackadaisical swagger pushing his trolley in Sainsbury’s recently. In his designer sliders.

Ryan Fraser was having the time of his life on the left. Absolute acres of space.

Left his man for their second goal, both he and Fulton went missing at numerous important periods, he had some good periods but overall I don’t see that PL quality there that you see in flashes from Patino.

Yeah he's absolute shite and has been since he arrived

His body language doesn’t help either. Has that entitled ‘I’m a Prem League player, don’t you know’ demeanour.
And looks like he can’t be arsed to lower himself to busting a gut.

He had that same lackadaisical swagger pushing his trolley in Sainsbury’s recently. In his designer sliders.

Little bit less time under a sunbed wouldn't do him any harm as well :ROFLMAO:

They were all shit in the first half but he stood out as being particularly bad. Didn’t seem to have any idea where he was supposed to be playing. Get well soon Josh Key!

We were talking about this at half time and concluded that Ashby was playing to instructions as he was playing more as a winger and picking up Manning to prevent him from linking up with Fraser and getting into attacking positions as we all know he likes to, especially under Martin, and this worked as I don't recall Manning getting into many, if any, serious attacking positions in the first half. This meant that Darling was covering right back position as he had done many times and if they'd had someone less capable than Fraser wide left, that would probably have worked better too. If Ashby wasn't playing to instructions, Darling would have been bending his ear every time he had to engage with Fraser and I'm pretty sure this never happened at it would have been right in front of where I sit and would have been clearly noticeable. The thing that was annoying us, was that when we had the ball, Ashby was taking up positions in acres of space and Darling in particular wasn't getting the ball to him quickly enough but on one of the few occasions when we did, he skinned Manning beautifully and picked out Lowe with a cross that ultimately led to our goal.

He was woeful in the first half but then again he was not alone there. @karnataka could be right in what he says in that he was playing to instructions but when you looked at the defensive line alone then we just afforded them way too much space.

Oh and whoever made the decision not to accept that summer bid for Wood should be removed from their position and never allowed near a football club again

Did anyone notice we seemed to start with 3 at the back with Darling in the middle but quickly swutched to a flat back 4 with Darling at right back assoon as they scored? I don't think Ashby handled the change at all

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back