• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

John Eustace

jackharris

Staff member
Reaction score
Currently 1/6 with Sky Bet!

Got Kidderminster playing good football.

john_eustace_signs_01.jpg

He's the right age (41) and QPR were an entertaining team, so the board will be pleased to know that I'm not personally against this, without knowing very much about him.

But just out of interest, although he has no managerial experience when was the last time that the Swans appointed someone who had been a British manager previously? I suppose it was Paul Clement (ex-manager of Derby, but he lasted only 8 months there). Who was it before that? It doesn't seem to be the club's style to appoint them.

Carvahal & before that Brendan I think.
One spell at Kidderminster a few years ago where his team played some good stuff isn't much to go on really.
Not an obvious appointment but when did we ever do those?

Glyn1 said:
He's the right age (41) and QPR were an entertaining team, so the board will be pleased to know that I'm not personally against this, without knowing very much about him.

But just out of interest, although he has no managerial experience when was the last time that the Swans appointed someone who had been a British manager previously? I suppose it was Paul Clement (ex-manager of Derby, but he lasted only 8 months there). Who was it before that? It doesn't seem to be the club's style to appoint them.

I'm sure the board will sleep easier knowing yer not against it.

So that's it done and dusted with his QPR mate Angel as assistant 😀

Manselton Jack said:
Carvahal & before that Brendan I think.
One spell at Kidderminster a few years ago where his team played some good stuff isn't much to go on really.
Not an obvious appointment but when did we ever do those?

Also Guidolin.

Very much warming to this now. Young, ambitious and by all accounts plays good stuff. As another poster said, if he van do it in the conference then that’s a good sign imo. Plenty of young talent here for him to work with too. Only concern is getting decent loans in but I think the club is held in high regard now for developing players. Believe Piroe has been brought in as a 10 so think we are looking at

Benda

Naughton cabango Bennett Manning

Walsh Fulton

Whittaker Piroe Lowe

Joseph

We’ll be fine.

The thing is you can still get quality loans in regardless, Garner went to Watford and Forest on loan

Reading about him I'd be very willing to give him a chance. He's shown determination to recover from various injuries during his playing career. Took what looks as a successful 2 years in non league management. Now has many years of experience as an assistant with a league club who also had financial constraints. If it was Rangel as well then again the chance is worth taking thinking what type of football he would want to be associated with.

Shows where we are as a club now .. very little ambition living off loans and journeymen but i get we need to cut our cloth .

Be interesting if Rangel is part of this as we could get some playing identity back and be entertained at least.

As posted in another thread - why are people hell bent on having Rangel as a number 2 or even as manager? The blokes a legend but has zero experience of even coaching a team (I think that’s correct?)

MrSwerve said:
As posted in another thread - why are people hell bent on having Rangel as a number 2 or even as manager? The blokes a legend but has zero experience of even coaching a team (I think that’s correct?)

I think its a deep wanting a return to Swanselona days, I admit to being one of them, LBH it was that style that got us there and noticed Worldwide .

I would be quite happy with Eustace, we have some unbelievable numpties as fans. They generally think a manager needs to have been a big name as a player.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back