• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Kier Starmer

Pegojack said:
Neath_Jack said:
Apart from the welfare of those that go on strike, apart from them :roll:

Hopefully he is long gone by the time Labour get back in.

Complete nonsense. He's already said he's sympathetic to the cause of all current strikers, he's just said he doesn't want shadow cabinet ministers appearing on picket lines to give the right wing media an excuse to go into a frenzy with "Cabinet of Chaos" headlines.
Not a stance I agree with, by the way, he should be more bold in his pronouncements, the country is ready for it. But at least give the guy credit for doing his best to get into office (10 points lead in the polls at the moment) because he knows Labour can do feck all if they're not in power.

Talk is cheap.10 points in the lead of the worst government in history, excuse me while i don't piss myself. He is an awful opposition leader, no working mans grit in his stomach. Absolutely zero credit from me. The Labour party is meant to be the working mans party. Hopefully for the good of the party, and the good of the country, he won't be the leader for much longer.

Neath_Jack said:
Pegojack said:
Complete nonsense. He's already said he's sympathetic to the cause of all current strikers, he's just said he doesn't want shadow cabinet ministers appearing on picket lines to give the right wing media an excuse to go into a frenzy with "Cabinet of Chaos" headlines.
Not a stance I agree with, by the way, he should be more bold in his pronouncements, the country is ready for it. But at least give the guy credit for doing his best to get into office (10 points lead in the polls at the moment) because he knows Labour can do feck all if they're not in power.

Talk is cheap.10 points in the lead of the worst government in history, excuse me while i don't piss myself. He is an awful opposition leader, no working mans grit in his stomach. Absolutely zero credit from me. The Labour party is meant to be the working mans party. Hopefully for the good of the party, and the good of the country, he won't be the leader for much longer.

You've got to be realistic. As you say, the worst government in living history and yet 31% of people polled say they will vote Tory. Just what will it take, eh, before those feckin wankers wake up?
No, the objective is to WIN. First, last and everything in between has to be focussed on winning. If he gets into office and doesn't carry out a strong social democratic agenda, that's the time to talk about getting rid. Until then, win, win, win, win, win, win.......

Pegojack said:
Neath_Jack said:

You've got to be realistic. As you say, the worst government in living history and yet 31% of people polled say they will vote Tory. Just what will it take, eh, before those feckin w******s wake up?
No, the objective is to WIN. First, last and everything in between has to be focussed on winning. If he gets into office and doesn't carry out a strong social democratic agenda, that's the time to talk about getting rid. Until then, win, win, win, win, win, win.......

He is not going to win the floating voter, especially those lower paid who like the sound of the right wing nonsense that the vile party stand for at the moment. Labour has to win the working man back, and Kier is not that man. I speak to numerous "site boys" daily, and I can't remember the last time any of them said that Labour was for them. Going onto a construction site in south Wales 20 years ago, and ask how many of them would vote for the vile party and you'd get laughed off the site.

Neath_Jack said:
Pegojack said:
You've got to be realistic. As you say, the worst government in living history and yet 31% of people polled say they will vote Tory. Just what will it take, eh, before those feckin w******s wake up?

He is not going to win the floating voter, especially those lower paid who like the sound of the right wing nonsense that the vile party stand for at the moment. Labour has to win the working man back, and Kier is not that man. I speak to numerous "site boys" daily, and I can't remember the last time any of them said that Labour was for them. Going onto a construction site in south Wales 20 years ago, and ask how many of them would vote for the vile party and you'd get laughed off the site.

I agree he has to win Labour’s traditional working class base back. But that alone won’t win Labour an election. Whoever is Labour leader has to attract a cross section of voters and that’s why Starmer has to strike a very delicate balance. The only Labour leader with the appeal to do that consistently was Blair.

exiledclaseboy said:
Neath_Jack said:

I agree he has to win Labour’s traditional working class base back. But that alone won’t win Labour an election. Whoever is Labour leader has to attract a cross section of voters and that’s why Starmer has to strike a very delicate balance. The only Labour leader with the appeal to do that consistently was Blair.

That's what Clare Short thought.

jack_lord said:
exiledclaseboy said:

That's what Clare Short thought.

Don’t understand sorry.

Neath_Jack said:
Pegojack said:

Well, you know what they say. There's no cure for stupid.

Pegojack said:
Neath_Jack said:
Well, you know what they say. There's no cure for stupid.

Pardon?

exiledclaseboy said:
Neath_Jack said:

And Blair is the only Labour leader since 1974 to have won a General election. In fact, only three Labour leaders in history have won general elections. England is a predominantly Tory country.

Pegojack said:
Neath_Jack said:

I'm saying if these 'site lads' like the sound of the right wing shyte they're hearing, and vote Tory, they deserve what they get

That attitude isn’t winning Labour an election either.

J_B said:
exiledclaseboy said:

And Blair is the only Labour leader since 1974 to have won a General election. In fact, only three Labour leaders in history have won general elections. England is a predominantly Tory country.

Bit harsh on Ramsay McDonald but I take the point.

exiledclaseboy said:
Pegojack said:
I'm saying if these 'site lads' like the sound of the right wing shyte they're hearing, and vote Tory, they deserve what they get

That attitude isn’t winning Labour an election either.

People like them are destroying the country. What do you want me to do? Kiss their arse? Experience is likely to be their only teacher.

exiledclaseboy said:
Harris, Davies and Antoniazzi. Three Swansea MPs who have done more to throw the future of one of Swansea’s biggest employers into doubt than the stupid twats will ever realise.

DVLA related? What’s happened?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back