• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Matt Grimes on his way out

austinisourhero said:
Now in the press - Ian Mitchelmoore reporting it.

https://twitter.com/IanMitchelmore/status/1301106800700403712

Watford fans may be in for a shock if they think Grimes is going to be a replacement for Doucouré.

A big bustling midfielder who drives forward over a player who just keeps things ticking over in the middle of a park.

I think Grimes is a decent enough player but Id much rather a player who drives us forward with more vigour.

Id certainly be glad to have another captain.

Big shout out to OP for calling this and Lowe signings. Fans leader just like Carl Curtis :D

PencoedJack said:
austinisourhero said:
Now in the press - Ian Mitchelmoore reporting it.

https://twitter.com/IanMitchelmore/status/1301106800700403712

Watford fans may be in for a shock if they think Grimes is going to be a replacement for Doucouré.

A big bustling midfielder who drives forward over a player who just keeps things ticking over in the middle of a park.

I think Grimes is a decent enough player but Id much rather a player who drives us forward with more vigour.

Id certainly be glad to have another captain.

Hoping this is what Gibbs-White can do, but haven't seen enough of him to know what he plays like. Would like us still to be in the market for Garner now definitely.

As A4Jack said aswell, the OP has had a few right now, Lowe signing even when Preston and Millwall entered talks with him, and the fee. Fair dos.

A4Jack said:
Big shout out to OP for calling this and Lowe signings. Fans leader just like Carl Curtis :D

What a honour to be a fans leader like cArL

All jokes aside obviously has a decent contact in the club.

Swansea93 said:
Garner to come down here on loan to replace him?

I think so.

According to a manc friend of mine he's the business aswell so I wouldn't be too bothered about losing Grimes.

Fee apparently going to be £7.5m with add ons.

It's nailed on that Grimes hits a stunning free kick against us next season if he goes to Watford.

Risc said:

Managing to get someone to pay £7.5m for Grimes is one hell of a note for Birch to depart on.

Itchysphincter said:
Massive player for us.

Easily Premier League quality.

Been one of our best players for some time, highly respected by fellow professionals and coaches. His stats are top notch. Deserves to go to an EPL team that plays proper football. Watford is a non-starter, for him and Watford.

Fans here either know little about football, and/or are too weak willed to speak up against the herd.

Risc said:
Swansea93 said:
Garner to come down here on loan to replace him?

I think so.

According to a manc friend of mine he's the business aswell so I wouldn't be too bothered about losing Grimes.

With the Garner news going quiet it was probably a case of shifting someone on and Grimes is that player, lets hope it doesn't bite us like Jack Cork leaving for 10M everyone was chuffed.

Manc friend of mine also claims Garner is a better Matt Grimes, so could work out alright.

Swansea93 said:
Risc said:
I think so.

With the Garner news going quiet it was probably a case of shifting someone on and Grimes is that player, lets hope it doesn't bite us like Jack Cork leaving for 10M everyone was chuffed.

Manc friend of mine also claims Garner is a better Matt Grimes, so could work out alright.

He's only ever played U23 football though hasn't he? So hard to know for sure how he will cope with the hustle and bustle of Championship football.

What also worries me is that two of the three guys who will be starting in the middle for us next year will not belong to us again.

I’d take a look at Matt Smith from city on a permanent. He’s always impressed me on Wales duty

Swansea93 said:
Risc said:
I think so.

I, as well as a handful of others on here were unhappy with Cork leaving. I don’t think Grimes will ever be at that level.

MrSwerve said:
Swansea93 said:

I, as well as a handful of others on here were unhappy with Cork leaving. I don’t think Grimes will ever be at that level.

With you on that, Cork was a proven mid-table Prem midfielder vs Grimes with a fair bit to prove - sit him centrally alongside a strong ‘dog/water carrier’ & he might look ok but for me more Championship than Prem level.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back