• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Meltdown Thread

ABSwan said:
Not going to go through all the thread but this is just my opinion. there were two factors.

The ref bottled sending off their player when the foul committed warranted a yellow card, because the player was already on a yellow. This was the first factor.

This prompted an immediate substitution by Pearson, which also dictated a change in shape for them.

This change in shape changed how they played and they got more into the game, we scored initially but the tide was turning, the total dominance was gone and they were coming at us.

At this point I like many commenting were all realizing we needed to change things up. This never happened (second factor). Cooper should have done something to steady the ship not hope the players would suddenly switch on.

Unlike a few though, I don't believe the season is over, there will be plenty of twists and turns to come, there's 13-15 games to go. Whether we benefit or not none of us will know, but we still are up there.

Don't be silly it was just a freak game

Swanjaxs said:
JackSomething said:
Exactly, as long as you change 'closing down an opponent' to closing down a goalkeeper.

It doesn't happen very often in professional football. For a goalkeeper to make such a basic mistake, for the bounce of the ball to directly result in a goal, just doesn't happen often.

Or are you aware of loads of similar instances?

So a goalkeeper isn't an opponent then?
Is that what yo...
Nah, second thoughts don't bother 😂😂😂😂

So do you think goalkeepers have kicks blocked as often as outfield players do? You seem to be really struggling with the concept of football right now.

JackSomething said:
Swanjaxs said:
Is that what yo...

So do you think goalkeepers have kicks blocked as often as outfield players do? You seem to be really struggling with the concept of football right now.

So I'm struggling with the concept of football am I...

Have a look at this mate, then come back at me and tell me how much of a "freak" event the 3rd goal was...

Again, I'm all ears 👂

The Swans player Robins targeted as Kasey Palmer makes telling admission

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-player-bristol-city-19936816#ICID=Android_WalesOnlineNewsApp_AppShare

JackSomething said:
Swanjaxs said:
Is that what yo...

Woodman has been lucky this season, almost every game he'll take two, maybe three touches before clearing upfield, Bristol City knew this, his luck run out on Saturday.

Anyway, I'm right your wrong, get over it 👍

Does playing on wednesday nights have an effect on our saturday performances :idea:

We're playing blackburn and bournemouth on tuesdays ahead of luton and Cdiff.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Chief said:
Certainly a freak again yea, rarely happens. And game was over then anyway. Hopefully Woodman is awake to it in future.

So the game was over at 2-1... Jesus christ, your talking nonsense.

It was scored in the 97th minute (7 mins were added) and we had the ball in our own box. Yes i can safely say the game was essentially over.

Swanjaxs said:
Captain_Sham said:
It was clearly a freak goal. Conceding straight from a corner is also highly unusual. Guehi losing the ball like he did was also out of character. Those are the facts.
If, however, you have a narrative to sustain, they are just evidence of Coopers continuing failure.

Again, the Bristol lad chased down a back pass, and blocked the clearance, it went his way, do you class every tackle won as "a freak challenge"?

I'm all ears 👂

Did you see the bounce that deceived Guehi? Or just deciding to ignore that happened?

The bigger point for the third goal for me was we were in the last minute of stoppage time, were a goal behind and the keeper was trying to line up a perfect ball upfield. At that point you have no real option but to launch it with all that you have.

The third goal was a freak in terms of where it ended up but the blame has to lie solely with Woodman.

PSumbler said:
The bigger point for the third goal for me was we were in the last minute of stoppage time, were a goal behind and the keeper was trying to line up a perfect ball upfield. At that point you have no real option but to launch it with all that you have.

The third goal was a freak in terms of where it ended up but the blame has to lie solely with Woodman.

Yea agreed, Woodman solely to blame for that one. But it wasn't costly and hopefully he learns from it.

Chief said:
Swanjaxs said:
Again, the Bristol lad chased down a back pass, and blocked the clearance, it went his way, do you class every tackle won as "a freak challenge"?

I'm all ears 👂

Did you see the bounce that deceived Guehi? Or just deciding to ignore that happened?
Totally different incident, I've had enough of this now, byeee

Chief said:
PSumbler said:

Yea agreed, Woodman solely to blame for that one. But it wasn't costly and hopefully he learns from it.

Agreed - another player who has come in for undue criticism this season despite his sheer volume of clean sheets.

Seen by some as never good enough.

Woodman's nowhere near as bad as some people (Hi Perchy!) like to think, but he's not brilliant either. I've compared him to DeVries in the past and I've seen nothing all season likely to change my mind. Like DeVries he's dealt with most stuff sent his way adequately but can't take all the credit for the clean sheets given the defensive unit in front of him.

Right now he's a decent Championship keeper. No more, no less. Still young tho, so could improve.

We are too quick when we win a few games to say "so and so is premier League class"
We all , well a majority anyway, think our players are better than what they are.

The fact we have loanees is proof.

I don't think we own one player of genuine Premier League quality. If you look at the likes of Naughton and Ayew sure they have a tonne of experience but did they shine? Were they quality ? Not consistently for me. Bennett was popular with both Leicester and Wolves fans but I'm guessing he just past his best. You could make a case for Routledge but he is all but done now. Premier league players tend play in the Premier League.
Look at the players we sold over the last few seasons. Oli hasnt set the world alight. DJ the same. Joe Rodon not even making the bench. Not our player but Rhian Brewster has been an absolute disaster. The gap is so huge.

PSumbler said:

Exactly. It was a mistake by Woodman and a freak goal. Usually the block results in the ball going out of play for a goal kick. That would have had pretty much the same effect on the result as by the time he took the goal kick, the ref would probably have ended the game and we would have lost by 1 goal rather than 2.

Don't tell Swanjaxs that though. He's still convinced a blocked kick from a goalkeeper leading immediately to a goal is a common thing in professional football. Look at all the examples he provided when declaring himself right and everyone else wrong...

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back