• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Meltdown Thread

I wonder if we don’t make the Autos this season cos of Liam Cullen’s injury?

Badlands said:
Chief said:
Apologies but what exactly is bollox there? We may have been tireder second half, but to say they were that tired is false in my opinion. We still restricted them 1 actual shot on target besides their goals (2 of couldn't possibly be attributed to tiredness). We even had enough energy to create at least 2 golden chances after that time.

Cooper does change it up though? He did make an unforced change yesterday. So you think he should change even more? Despite our injuries and players not being up to speed?

The first thing to go when fatigue is setting in is concentration. For their first goal Grimes switched off and failed to receive the pass from Fulton, Guehi switched off and was too slow to react and put himself way out of position, Hourihane switched off and didn’t track back with the player who scored.
Lead up to second goal and third goals down to loss of concentration.
BU the main reasons Bristol were able to come back are - Cooper out thought by Pearson, dropping back to defend a 1 goal lead, not realising Dhanda should have been subbed at half time, not countering their change of formation. Dhanda apart, these are pretty much the same concerns as some of us have had since day one - he isn’t learning from his mistakes.

Talk about trying to twist events to suit your narrative. The series of errors that occurred in the run up to their 1st could have happened at any point of the game, and if that freaky bounce that deceived Guehi wouldn't have happened we wouldn't be talking about this event at all. We've played 2 games less than other teams, a few weeks ago we had basically a whole week and a half off. Cooper also made plenty of subs against Huddersfield last week and Hourihane was subbed midweek, and has played less than 10 full games all season. So you're narrative that Cooper's flogging these players to within an inch of their lives simply isn't true.

As for changing to suit them, give them credit for changing. It nullified us to an extent, but not enough to stop us scoring, nor forcing 2 other clear cut chances and we restricted them to 1 clear cut chance (created from a freaky bounce) and 1 dangerous cross. Unfortunate that they scored from 1 of them. The 2 other goals were complete freaks.

I'm encouraged personally, we play like we did in the first half especially and we'll beat most teams. We can't possibly get that amount of bad luck in many other matches.

Chief said:
Badlands said:
The first thing to go when fatigue is setting in is concentration. For their first goal Grimes switched off and failed to receive the pass from Fulton, Guehi switched off and was too slow to react and put himself way out of position, Hourihane switched off and didn’t track back with the player who scored.
Lead up to second goal and third goals down to loss of concentration.
BU the main reasons Bristol were able to come back are - Cooper out thought by Pearson, dropping back to defend a 1 goal lead, not realising Dhanda should have been subbed at half time, not countering their change of formation. Dhanda apart, these are pretty much the same concerns as some of us have had since day one - he isn’t learning from his mistakes.

Talk about trying to twist events to suit your narrative. The series of errors that occurred in the run up to their 1st could have happened at any point of the game, and if that freaky bounce that deceived Guehi wouldn't have happened we wouldn't be talking about this event at all. We've played 2 games less than other teams, a few weeks ago we had basically a whole week and a half off. Cooper also made plenty of subs against Huddersfield last week and Hourihane was subbed midweek, and has played less than 10 full games all season. So you're narrative that Cooper's flogging these players to within an inch of their lives simply isn't true.

As for changing to suit them, give them credit for changing. It nullified us to an extent, but not enough to stop us scoring, nor forcing 2 other clear cut chances and we restricted them to 1 clear cut chance (created from a freaky bounce) and 1 dangerous cross. Unfortunate that they scored from 1 of them. The 2 other goals were complete freaks.

I'm encouraged personally, we play like we did in the first half especially and we'll beat most teams. We can't possibly get that amount of bad luck in many other matches.

😂 Second goal maybe but there was nothing freaky about the third goal, that was simply the goal keeper giving up playing whilst the match was still going on. Revisionism at its finest coming from you but in glad your encouraged.

Anyway, the way our season, and the Championship in general is going, it wouldn't surprise me if we come away with six points from Stoke and Middlesbrough next two games.
Would like to see a freshen up for Wednesday but can only really see one of the usual two getting bench time, Dhanda or Cabango

Chief said:
Badlands said:

Reasonable points, and I agree that if we play with the purpose of the first half we will be unlucky not to gain points. It misses a little bit of context for me though and that is the team mindset after scoring that they should then stop playing. For my money that 'unfortunate bounce' would not have happened if we hadn't retreated 20 yards and started pissing about at the back bringing them onto us with unnecessary and telegraphed overpassing in our own third. Unfortunately I think that's our version of this 'game management' bollocks. True game management against such a poor team - and however it is dressed up we lost to an absolutely dreadful outfit -would have been to keep pressing them back and look for a second goal. I don't think it was fatigue at all that caused the problem, it was a way of thinking that is hard coded in, no matter who we are playing.

Regarding all this tiredness. I'd like to see some comparisons. As far as I can see, Norwich keep putting out the same team, as do Brentford. Certainly their important players play every game without any problem. Are we really saying that young fit athletes (the ones that don't have muscle problems anyway) cant play 180 minutes of football in a week? Cut back on the training instead then, but get them on the pitch fit and ready.

Even with the way we went into frightened kitten mode, sorry, implemented 'game management', It was a freak result, so lets just see what happens this week. I fancy us at Stoke and against Boro, and we really do need some points now or things will start to get a bit fraught.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Chief said:

😂 Second goal maybe but there was nothing freaky about the third goal, that was simply the goal keeper giving up playing whilst the match was still going on. Revisionism at its finest coming from you but in glad your encouraged.

Not according to Palmer who states they targeted Woodman, the only expectation was someone would get a touch rather than the ball going in with the goalkeeper stranded.
After the Brentford game I said we were very lucky they didn't take their chances or we could have been thumped as were Wycombe soon after ... ridicule ensued.
Forest and now Bristol have now highlighted the situation ... a team that isn't afraid of our defensive reputation can help themselves to the points. Through the season it is difficult to find a game we have been comfortable winning (no bull, other sides have comfortable wins, everyone has good luck and bad luck and everyone has nervy games). I also read the ‘ winning ugly' commenters claiming we lost because we played 'pretty' (good) football while ignoring the fact we were completely dominant and leading when we were playing that way.
From the goal on it was back to hoofing and hoping as our midfield once again was overrun.
Some say two goals were 'freaky' ... no they weren't, all three resulted from Bristol pressing and out-thinking a complacent / tired / mentally fatigued set of players.
Cooper's subs were a panic measure, a poor reaction to a situation he had not considered.
Cooper stood, hands in pockets, not knowing what to do we humbly surrendered all 3 points.
We beat Coventry and Forest because of two players' individual skill and determination when the team was at sea.
It has been the same since Cooper arrived, he doesn't learn from his mistakes.

Chief said:

How often does a goalkeeper kick the ball and it rebounds off the opposition player and basically into the net? Certainly his fault but also definitely a freak.

Chief said:

How often does a goalkeeper kick the ball and it rebounds off the opposition player and basically into the net? Certainly his fault but also definitely a freak.

Inexcusable sorry, Sunday league from Woodman, he wasn't concentrating and got caught with his pants down by the Bristol City player who was "switched on".
Freak goal, absolutely not.

Badlands said:

Not according to Palmer who states they targeted Woodman, the only expectation was someone would get a touch rather than the ball going in with the goalkeeper stranded.
After the Brentford game I said we were very lucky they didn't take their chances or we could have been thumped as were Wycombe soon after ... ridicule ensued.
Forest and now Bristol have now highlighted the situation ... a team that isn't afraid of our defensive reputation can help themselves to the points. Through the season it is difficult to find a game we have been comfortable winning (no bull, other sides have comfortable wins, everyone has good luck and bad luck and everyone has nervy games). I also read the ‘ winning ugly' commenters claiming we lost because we played 'pretty' (good) football while ignoring the fact we were completely dominant and leading when we were playing that way.
From the goal on it was back to hoofing and hoping as our midfield once again was overrun.
Some say two goals were 'freaky' ... no they weren't, all three resulted from Bristol pressing and out-thinking a complacent / tired / mentally fatigued set of players.
Cooper's subs were a panic measure, a poor reaction to a situation he had not considered.
Cooper stood, hands in pockets, not knowing what to do we humbly surrendered all 3 points.
We beat Coventry and Forest because of two players' individual skill and determination when the team was at sea.
It has been the same since Cooper arrived, he doesn't learn from his mistakes.

Palmer may be claiming he tried to do it, or even if he did 95 times out of 100 that doesn't go in, it gets tipped over, goes over, headed off the line, keeper gives the foul. The corner award itself may have come from pressing but the corner itself is nothing to do with it. And it's not like we even conceded many corners. Do you expect to not concede any corners during a game?

I don't know why you're comparing this game to games where we've created little but got the win. Entirely different performances. But of course you've set out your stall in that however a game pans out that its Cooper's fault and you're sticking by it.

Swanjaxs said:
Chief said:

Inexcusable sorry, Sunday league from Woodman, he wasn't concentrating and got caught with his pants down by the Bristol City player who was "switched on".

Its the very definition of a freak goal. Happens so rarely and it has to be done so perfectly for it go in as well as various other factors that have to be in its favour. It was perfect and Palmer probably won't score another for years and Woodman probably won't concede one for years.

Chief said:
Swanjaxs said:

Its the very definition of a freak goal. Happens so rarely and it has to be done so perfectly for it go in as well as various other factors that have to be in its favour. It was perfect and Palmer probably won't score another for years and Woodman probably won't concede one for years.

We beg to differ then, you call it a freak, I'll call it excellent hunting down by the Bristol lad who spotted that Woodman had clearly switched off.

Swanjaxs said:
Chief said:

We beg to differ then, you call it a freak, I'll call it excellent hunting down by the Bristol lad who spotted that Woodman had clearly switched off.

How could he spot from the corner flag through a sea of players that Woodman had switched off!? Haha ffs not like Woodman went and got his phone out and started texting.

Credit for Palmer for trying it, collectors item.

Chief said:
Swanjaxs said:

How could he spot from the corner flag through a sea of players that Woodman had switched off!? Haha ffs not like Woodman went and got his phone out and started texting.

Crossed wires, I was referring to the 3rd goal, a goal you also refer to as "freak"

Swanjaxs said:
Chief said:

Crossed wires, I was referring to the 3rd goal, a goal you also refer to as "freak"

Certainly a freak again yea, rarely happens. And game was over then anyway. Hopefully Woodman is awake to it in future.

Chief said:
Swanjaxs said:

Certainly a freak again yea, rarely happens. And game was over then anyway. Hopefully Woodman is awake to it in future.

You need to stop white washing what was basically the biggest capitulation since the Germans invaded France... We switched off they switched on they won, nothing freaky about that and to say so is just excusing a very poor second half of football by us I'm afraid.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back