• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Meltdown Thread

Lot of silliness and a lot of lazy moans directed mainly at Cooper that simply do not apply to this game.

We created enough chances to win 3 games (clearances off line, gk top class saves, gaping open goals, few penalty shouts, several one on one chances) with large possession and shots stats.

They scored direct from a corner and should have had a man sent off in the 1st half.

This was very the epitome of 'one of those games'. Extremely frustrating but get a grip ffs.

Chief said:
Lot of silliness and a lot of lazy moans directed mainly at Cooper that simply do not apply to this game.

We created enough chances to win 3 games (clearances off line, gk top class saves, gaping open goals, few penalty shouts, several one on one chances) with large possession and shots stats.

They scored direct from a corner and should have had a man sent off in the 1st half.

This was very the epitome of 'one of those games'. Extremely frustrating but get a grip ffs.

If we don’t go up do you keep him?

Darran said:
Chief said:

Of course. Who or what's the alternative!?

His record since the Covid break is amongst the best in the country.

Not saying there isn't room for improvement either mind, but we're not going to appoint a finished article in this division are we.

Chief said:
Darran said:

Not saying there isn't room for improvement either mind, but we're not going to appoint a finished article in this division are we.

I have no idea why we can’t appoint a finished article in this division.
Why can’t we exactly?

Steve Cooper is quite open about subs, he plans to give some players 90 minutes for reasons. This is a fairly contentious approach I feel especially with the number of games played. So far so good, we are well set up defensively, would be ideal to grab a few more goals. I am good with Steve's idea on subs though it has worked so far.

Darran said:
Chief said:

Why can’t we exactly?

Because just like finished article players they are all managing in the Premier league or equivalent or we can't afford them or they are managers like Warnock with fantastic records in this division, but we wouldn't appoint.

Can you think of any viable 'finished articles' we could go for then?

Chief said:
Darran said:
Why can’t we exactly?

Because just like finished article players they are all managing in the Premier league or equivalent or we can't afford them or they are managers like Warnock with fantastic records in this division, but we wouldn't appoint.

Can you think of any viable 'finished articles' we could go for then?

Not currently in this state at this time on a Saturday night but I’m sure you’d have plenty of candidates applying.

Plenty of candidates would I'm sure apply. Plenty of out of work managers, coaches and players out there in need of work.

How many of them would fit your criteria of being 'finished articles', which i would have to assume would at the very least have to have achieved previous success at championship level or above, i don't know. None probably.

Chief said:
Plenty of candidates would I'm sure apply. Plenty of out of work managers, coaches and players out there in need of work.

How many of them would fit your criteria of being 'finished articles', which i would have to assume would at the very least have to have achieved previous success at championship level or above, i don't know. None probably.

David Wagner? Eddie Howe?

Darran said:
Chief said:

David Wagner? Eddie Howe?

Can you honestly see Howe coming out of his exile to manage us? Can't see us paying his wages or matching his ambition were we not to get promoted this season. He won't be short of offers higher up the pyramid once he decides to put his name about again.

Wagner i can see. Failed at Schalke but they are a mess, so not really his fault there. Was excellent at Huddersfield and has a relationship with Winter. Still, Cooper has set a high bar, we're 4 points off 2nd with 2 games in hand in late February. Big ask for anyone to match that.

Someone asked yesterday whether we would be where we are this season if crowds were allowed in and for me simply the answer is no.

The ease at which the crowd would jump on the backs of both the manager and the players would just add to the pressure and we have won games this season that I don't believe we would have had there been a crowd. Last season was a good example of this as our away record up to crowds stopping was better than our home record and that - I think - proves the point that I am trying to make.

So the answer to the question is that I think if we don't go up Cooper will stay but as crowds return he probably won't stay long as people get on his back. And to be fair the chances of us sacking him after (as an example) two play off defeats are quite remote and probably rightly so.

It was suggested somewhere that we have assembled one of the strongest squads in the Championship yet five minutes later we have no real options and we don't have the players we need. That was the very same poster making both those points. That is why - for some people - Cooper will never do right for doing wrong and even if we went up those same people would want him sacked by September.

And I say that from a position where I would say that I am not a fan, he has much to learn, but it is very difficult to argue with his record in almost 80 league games in charge of Swansea City

PSumbler said:
Someone asked yesterday whether we would be where we are this season if crowds were allowed in and for me simply the answer is no.

The ease at which the crowd would jump on the backs of both the manager and the players would just add to the pressure and we have won games this season that I don't believe we would have had there been a crowd. Last season was a good example of this as our away record up to crowds stopping was better than our home record and that - I think - proves the point that I am trying to make.

So the answer to the question is that I think if we don't go up Cooper will stay but as crowds return he probably won't stay long as people get on his back. And to be fair the chances of us sacking him after (as an example) two play off defeats are quite remote and probably rightly so.

It was suggested somewhere that we have assembled one of the strongest squads in the Championship yet five minutes later we have no real options and we don't have the players we need. That was the very same poster making both those points. That is why - for some people - Cooper will never do right for doing wrong and even if we went up those same people would want him sacked by September.

And I say that from a position where I would say that I am not a fan, he has much to learn, but it is very difficult to argue with his record in almost 80 league games in charge of Swansea City

Sadly and embarrassingly i agree. Judging by the comments online about Cooper and certain players i get the impression having fans in would be far more counter productive rather than roaring the team over the line. Every backward pass would be jeered, Cooper would probably get abuse, Woodman would probably be a wreck.

Disappointing i feel that way when it's late February and we're 4 points off second place with 2 games in hand.

PSumbler said:

But the fact is we do have a strong squad, the frustration comes because Cooper is over reliant on the same core of players week in week out.
We have been playing 3 games a week all season, use the squad, and when the pitches start firming up towards the end of the season we should be in a good place to push on for automatic 👍

PSumbler said:

Top post. There have been so many bipolar and conflicting opinions on this forum this season. One week we are winning the league, the next we’re looking to stay in the playoffs. One week Cooper is great, the next he has no clue. One week our squad looks strong for this league, the next we don’t have any depth.

The saying ‘you’re only as good as your last game’ couldn’t be any truer for most on this forum.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back