• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Meltdown Thread

Chief said:
Swanjaxs said:
Absolute bolloxs, we were blowing out of our asses after an hour and still we let the game drift by, also, I'm not advocating a raft of changes every match, but just to use, what is in my opinion, a very useful squad, again 3 games a week since the start of the season, think about it.

Apologies but what exactly is bollox there? We may have been tireder second half, but to say they were that tired is false in my opinion. We still restricted them 1 actual shot on target besides their goals (2 of couldn't possibly be attributed to tiredness). We even had enough energy to create at least 2 golden chances after that time.

Cooper does change it up though? He did make an unforced change yesterday. So you think he should change even more? Despite our injuries and players not being up to speed?

The first thing to go when fatigue is setting in is concentration. For their first goal Grimes switched off and failed to receive the pass from Fulton, Guehi switched off and was too slow to react and put himself way out of position, Hourihane switched off and didn’t track back with the player who scored.
Lead up to second goal and third goals down to loss of concentration.
BU the main reasons Bristol were able to come back are - Cooper out thought by Pearson, dropping back to defend a 1 goal lead, not realising Dhanda should have been subbed at half time, not countering their change of formation. Dhanda apart, these are pretty much the same concerns as some of us have had since day one - he isn’t learning from his mistakes.

MrSwerve said:
PSumbler said:
Someone asked yesterday whether we would be where we are this season if crowds were allowed in and for me simply the answer is no.

The ease at which the crowd would jump on the backs of both the manager and the players would just add to the pressure and we have won games this season that I don't believe we would have had there been a crowd. Last season was a good example of this as our away record up to crowds stopping was better than our home record and that - I think - proves the point that I am trying to make.

So the answer to the question is that I think if we don't go up Cooper will stay but as crowds return he probably won't stay long as people get on his back. And to be fair the chances of us sacking him after (as an example) two play off defeats are quite remote and probably rightly so.

It was suggested somewhere that we have assembled one of the strongest squads in the Championship yet five minutes later we have no real options and we don't have the players we need. That was the very same poster making both those points. That is why - for some people - Cooper will never do right for doing wrong and even if we went up those same people would want him sacked by September.

And I say that from a position where I would say that I am not a fan, he has much to learn, but it is very difficult to argue with his record in almost 80 league games in charge of Swansea City

Top post. There have been so many bipolar and conflicting opinions on this forum this season. One week we are winning the league, the next we’re looking to stay in the playoffs. One week Cooper is great, the next he has no clue. One week our squad looks strong for this league, the next we don’t have any depth.

The saying ‘you’re only as good as your last game’ couldn’t be any truer for most on this forum.

My opinion has been consistent. We’re bang average over 90 minutes. Comparing 45’s is like comparing apples and oranges, that purely and simply down to the manager and why does he say we didn’t do the basics - well surely someone has to ask him why not? He’s working with these players all week. Even when we were dominating the first half Bristol City looked likely to kick at least one so why did we just let them have it after the pen? That’s bollocks and it’s poor, and it’s very typical.

Or perhaps it's as blatantly obvious as we dont have an Ivan Toney or a Pukki.

Would a Toney or Pukki score as many goals in a team as seemingly built around defence as we are?

Itchysphincter said:
MrSwerve said:
Top post. There have been so many bipolar and conflicting opinions on this forum this season. One week we are winning the league, the next we’re looking to stay in the playoffs. One week Cooper is great, the next he has no clue. One week our squad looks strong for this league, the next we don’t have any depth.

The saying ‘you’re only as good as your last game’ couldn’t be any truer for most on this forum.

My opinion has been consistent. We’re bang average over 90 minutes. Comparing 45’s is like comparing apples and oranges, that purely and simply down to the manager and why does he say we didn’t do the basics - well surely someone has to ask him why not? He’s working with these players all week. Even when we were dominating the first half Bristol City looked likely to kick at least one so why did we just let them have it after the pen? That’s bollocks and it’s poor, and it’s very typical.

That’s a great post for you Ron.

2-D251-AF9-9168-4681-A8-C9-8-B8-B014-CEDD2.gif

Dr. Winston said:
Would a Toney or Pukki score as many goals in a team as seemingly built around defence as we are?

Obvious answer be perhaps we wouldn't be as defence minded if we had someone similar.
All just conjecture tho.

Chief said:
Madridjack said:
I agree, also this not up to speed crap, if he’s not up to speed leave him the house.if he’s in the squad he’s ready. 20 yr old Whittaker is dying to get on the pitch as are all the subs but Cooper does not trust them. He should be making 1 or 2 changes every game to keep them all sharp

Well Cooper sees him in training every day and said this week that Whittaker isn't yet up to speed. Not sure why there'd be cause to discount those words or why he'd lie?

Again, Cooper did make a change didn't he?

Exactly if Cooper sees him in training and he’s not ready he shouldn’t be on the bench, if Ayew or Lowe got injured in the first minute what would Cooper do, put a defender on because Whittaker is not up to speed, He does not trust his bench which is going to be his downfall

Badlands said:
Chief said:
Apologies but what exactly is bollox there? We may have been tireder second half, but to say they were that tired is false in my opinion. We still restricted them 1 actual shot on target besides their goals (2 of couldn't possibly be attributed to tiredness). We even had enough energy to create at least 2 golden chances after that time.

Cooper does change it up though? He did make an unforced change yesterday. So you think he should change even more? Despite our injuries and players not being up to speed?

The first thing to go when fatigue is setting in is concentration. For their first goal Grimes switched off and failed to receive the pass from Fulton, Guehi switched off and was too slow to react and put himself way out of position, Hourihane switched off and didn’t track back with the player who scored.
BU the main reasons Bristol were able to come back are - Cooper out thought by Pearson, dropping back to defend a 1 goal lead, not realising Dhanda should have been subbed at half time, not countering their change of formation. Dhanda apart, these are pretty much the same concerns as some of us have had since day one - he isn’t learning from his mistakes.
Perfect summary

Badlands said:
Chief said:

"Hourihane switched off". That implies he was switched on in the first place lol.

An interesting comparison between us in marvellous 2011 and now, ten years later, and also promotion hopefuls.
Squad, Manager, style of play et al.

Madridjack said:
Chief said:
Well Cooper sees him in training every day and said this week that Whittaker isn't yet up to speed. Not sure why there'd be cause to discount those words or why he'd lie?

Again, Cooper did make a change didn't he?

Exactly if Cooper sees him in training and he’s not ready he shouldn’t be on the bench, if Ayew or Lowe got injured in the first minute what would Cooper do, put a defender on because Whittaker is not up to speed, He does not trust his bench which is going to be his downfall

And if he wasn't on the bench who'd take his place? No other forward players are fit. Even though he's not fully up to speed i assume that Cooper hopes that he's currently capable of making an impact in last 20mins against tired defenders etc.

Badlands said:
Chief said:

You need to watch the highlights coz you've got the first goal wrong. Guehi played the ball forward to Hourihane. Hourihane played a really poor ball inside to Grimes - he played it blind, it was too short and was intercepted. The ball flew up into the air and the spin on it defeated Guehi. There was no way Hourihane was getting back because he was stranded on the half-way line just in front of the dugout. Grimes was not at fault. Fulton wasn't even on the field at that time. So yeah, maybe fatigue played a part but the rest of your analysis is completely wrong. The goal was the fault of Hourihane. You could argue Guehi could have read the spin, or should have fouled the player, but that would be harsh IMO.

mrploppy said:
Badlands said:

You need to watch the highlights coz you've got the first goal wrong. Guehi played the ball forward to Hourihane. Hourihane played a really poor ball inside to Grimes - he played it blind, it was too short and was intercepted. The ball flew up into the air and the spin on it defeated Guehi. There was no way Hourihane was getting back because he was stranded on the half-way line just in front of the dugout. Grimes was not at fault. Fulton wasn't even on the field at that time. So yeah, maybe fatigue played a part but the rest of your analysis is completely wrong. The goal was the fault of Hourihane. You could argue Guehi could have read the spin, or should have fouled the player, but that would be harsh IMO.
Agreed .. I mixed up Hourihane with Fulton (just the back of his head) weak pass from Hourihane but Grimes was sleeping and it should have been Dhanda tracking back ... no one in the frame to identify.

Badlands said:
mrploppy said:
Agreed .. I mixed up Hourihane with Fulton (just the back of his head) weak pass from Hourihane but Grimes was sleeping and it should have been Dhanda tracking back ... no one in the frame to identify.

If ever there was a time we should have shut up shop after going 1-0 up (and lord knows we've been criticised enough for it), it was yesterday. We'd had enough chances in the first half to win 2 games but it just looked like it wasn't going to be our day. Not forgetting we needed a penalty to actually score. Once we went 1-0 up, I think we should have brought on Fulton or Smith for Dhanda (or Fulton and Smith for Dhanda and Hourihane), especially as BC had changed their formation. Cooper would have been criticised for it, but I don't think we would have lost that game.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back