• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Our support…

It is a sad state of affairs that the club now is basically back in the same position (or maybe slightly worse) as we were when we got promoted to this division, especially attendance wise. You'd have hoped that playing at this level since 2008 (and this level is absolutely no disgrace for us considering our history), played in the Premier league for so long, won a major trophy and had a European campaign would have tied in a lot more people than it has. That would you'd hope make up for a shortfall in more jaded fans, cost of living crisis etc.

I know the owners aren't the best, and we as a fanbase and trust should never get complacent over ownership but the employees on the ground and vast majority of players do deserve the city and local area's support.

Bigger picture, we've been back in the Championship 6 seasons, in which we've had 1 play off final, 1 play off semi, that great season of football under Potter, a season where we missed out on play offs with a game to go as well as seasons that included the double double.

There are signs that things are going in the right direction under Williams.

Just wish more of the South Wales population could see this.
On what basis is LW going the right way.?
We have barely mustered a shot on target last few games.

Regardless of what people think about the Ospreys, there is no denying the fact that a fair percentage of the Welsh population consider rugby as their sport, and those folk won’t entertain going to watch football. Norwich doesn’t have that side attraction.
I stayed in Norwich for a week on full expenses. Norwich doesn't have any other attraction.

Last edited:
Sorry lads, was in Portugal last week so missed out. You can add another 1 (or 2, if my gf comes) to Bristol City in a fortnight.

In all seriousness, there's basically no reason for casuals to come anymore. We're pepetually in midtable nothing-ness, so even decent fans who are tight for cash (a factor that should be considered more often) won't feel the need to attend most games.

There's an argument to be made that crowds would actually go up if we worse.
I used to go because I enjoyed watching the football and could have a couple of beers with mates before and after. The beers stopped when I had to drive and the enjoyment stopped around 2015. The PL, after being brilliant for a few years killed the enjoyment. Matches were all about fear. Now having been in the PL for so long spoils the Championship as everyone seems obsessed with 'ambition'. The ONLY joy in football is to get back to enjoying the individual match day experience again, whatever division and wherever in the table. For me, and I suspect many others of my vintage that have 'been there, done that' in terms of hitting the heights - many of us twice - that particular horse has bolted.

I know the owners aren't the best, and we as a fanbase and trust should never get complacent over ownership but the employees on the ground and vast majority of players do deserve the city and local area's support

I would argue that given the way the club has been run since 2016, a slow gradual decline, our fanbase has in fact shown incredible patience with (and given the benefit of the doubt towards) our owners for much longer than a lot of other fanbases would.

To have held 16k crowds since relegation up until this season actually speaks volumes for how much our supporters are willing to put up with.

I don't blame anyone for finally drawing a line and saying enough is enough. Our owners are piss takers. And they've taken the piss far too long. Everyone's got a breaking point.

I would argue that given the way the club has been run since 2016, a slow gradual decline, our fanbase has in fact shown incredible patience with (and given the benefit of the doubt towards) our owners for much longer than a lot of other fanbases would.

To have held 16k crowds since relegation up until this season actually speaks volumes for how much our supporters are willing to put up with.

I don't blame anyone for finally drawing a line and saying enough is enough. Our owners are piss takers. And they've taken the piss far too long. Everyone's got a breaking point.

Isn't that the epitome of fair weather supporting though? Especially when that breaking point is the championship, which is, for Swansea City, punching at or above our weight. Support the team not the regime.

I could understand it more if there was a genuine boycott protest against the ownership. But there isn't. Generally it is purely fair weathery as evidenced by increased gate at the derby.

On what basis is LW going the right way.?
We have barely mustered a shot on target last few games.

I'd say 7 from 9 at home this season is decent. Did you really expect much at Boro and Wba? 3 goals conceded so far, 1 from open play. I see green shoots, obviously long way to go and Williams has plenty to learn though.

I used to go because I enjoyed watching the football and could have a couple of beers with mates before and after. The beers stopped when I had to drive and the enjoyment stopped around 2015. The PL, after being brilliant for a few years killed the enjoyment. Matches were all about fear. Now having been in the PL for so long spoils the Championship as everyone seems obsessed with 'ambition'. The ONLY joy in football is to get back to enjoying the individual match day experience again, whatever division and wherever in the table. For me, and I suspect many others of my vintage that have 'been there, done that' in terms of hitting the heights - many of us twice - that particular horse has bolted.
So if we could become a Brighton or a Brentford as we were before (only better, we won a trophy) you wouldn't take it? I know i absolutely would.

I'm not going to criticise anybody for not going to watch the Swans, it's purely their choice , and the product hasn't been great for a while. Compared to our visitors on Saturday, they probably are not quite a city with as big a population as Swansea, but in fairness to them they do seem to keep their support much better than we do. They always get around the 23-24 thousand supporters turning up and makes our 14 thousand on Saturday look quite shoddy.
The alternative for Norwich fans is flipping cows or chewing on grass so not many options out there.

There's a good chance that, apart from the two teams with limited capacity Oxford and Luton, we will have the lowest support in the Championship this season. Yet, chances are we will finish above the likes of Plymouth, Preston and Sheffield Wednesday. Do people seriously think that the entertainment on offer is that much worse than the likes of these clubs or Cardiff?

Given the population and catchment area we should be getting much bigger crowds than the likes of Blackburn and Burnley, literally small towns in Lancashire.

Anyway, it is what it is. The owners clearly can't take the support for granted and need to work on attracting support with discounted tickets and other promotional stuff.

I'd say 7 from 9 at home this season is decent. Did you really expect much at Boro and Wba? 3 goals conceded so far, 1 from open play. I see green shoots, obviously long way to go and Williams has plenty to learn though.
Yeah OK. A Preston who if you are totally honest were dogshit. Decent 30mins v scum, an own goal from Norwich and a performance v Wycombe which was indescribable.
Away...crap/barely a shot at boro...and west brom should have scored 7.
Not negative, just realistic. We've signed a striker who's basically a parks player, and have a manager who is a fraud.
Been watching us for 45 yrs, think I'm qualified to describe what I'm seeing.

I’ll say it again, those huge empty blocks in the corners are awful.
It would mean the world to the kids in mini/junior football and schools if they got to go to a game with their mates.
My kids age group got to go for the Middlesbrough match 2 years ago. Loads of teams, filled a whole block in the North West, £10 an adult, £1 a child.
Everyone’s a winner, bonnet de douche.

It's not just about turning up.. a lot of fans add travel costs to the games.

I've cut back drastically the last 2 seasons for home games. I've struggled to justify £150 on match day to watch bland walking football.

I’ll say it again, those huge empty blocks in the corners are awful.
It would mean the world to the kids in mini/junior football and schools if they got to go to a game with their mates.
My kids age group got to go for the Middlesbrough match 2 years ago. Loads of teams, filled a whole block in the North West, £10 an adult, £1 a child.
Everyone’s a winner, bonnet de douche.
I agree GB. The fan of tomorrow is created by enticing folk into an attractive outlook, and that’s not always about the quality of football. Kids for a quid, or something similar with schools or junior clubs could do so much for match day atmosphere, grass roots clubs, families who are struggling financially, etc.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back