• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Patterson

Chief said:
cwmdonkinjack said:
Of course. I wasn’t sure it was right but had no reason to believe it was made up either. Disappointing in the extreme

Whats worrying Cwmdonkin is that i saw a message with this information in it about Paterson, don't know if you saw the same one, but there is other detail in there which isn't good news. As the Paterson news seems to be true, so could the rest. I hope not.

Can’t expand at the mo I take it?

Risc said:
Chief said:
Whats worrying Cwmdonkin is that i saw a message with this information in it about Paterson, don't know if you saw the same one, but there is other detail in there which isn't good news. As the Paterson news seems to be true, so could the rest. I hope not.

Players took Patersons side, mood in club terrible, lack of respect for Martin, person who sent the message (I don't know who it is) said it's worst atmosphere he's seen around the club.

Yesterday's second half performance doesn't tally up with that in my opinion mind you.

Chief said:
Risc said:

Players took Patersons side, mood in club terrible, lack of respect for Martin, person who sent the message (I don't know who it is) said it's worst atmosphere he's seen around the club.

Yesterday's second half performance doesn't tally up with that in my opinion mind you.

Exactly Chief, doesn’t add up does it, that second half performance isn’t a team who doesn’t respect Martin, although I think there could have been many issues if you think Piroe, Obafemi rumoured Laird fell out with him etc.

The Fulton situation is strange too as to a lesser extent the Bidwell and Whittaker relationships.

Risc said:
Chief said:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59914154

Hmm only just seen this with a quote from Martin talking about triggering the contract extension early.

How can the club do that????

If it wasn’t written in contract we had the option of doing that, then we couldn’t, but it obviously was.

Keep saying the same thing, but he signed it. He’s had his head turned and now wants out.

IF he signed it - I remain more than a little cynical on that.

Best quote I saw on this today

There are three sides to every story, on this occasion

Paterson's side
The club's side
The truth

PSumbler said:
Risc said:
If it wasn’t written in contract we had the option of doing that, then we couldn’t, but it obviously was.

Keep saying the same thing, but he signed it. He’s had his head turned and now wants out.

Surely the only way the club could bring forward the triggering is with Patersons agreement though?

Otherwise they're in breach of contract?

Chief said:
PSumbler said:

Surely the only way the club could bring forward the triggering is with Patersons agreement though?

That's kind of my point

Paterson has not yet reached the automatic extension of his contract level

The club want to tie him down so have bought forward the trigger but for that to happen both sides need to sign it.

And therein lies the problem I don't believe it has been agreed (based on what I have read today)

That doesnt excuse Paterson's little tantrum though.

But it does have an impact (for us) to his worth.

Everyone of us read the stories of the extended contract as a done deal but was it?

PSumbler said:
Risc said:

If he hasn’t signed it, and we have randomly announced it then the lack of professionalism is astounding. I just can’t see that being the case but I’ve never dealt with these people.

Chiefs comments are concerning though to be honest, especially with the accuracy of Pato story.

Chief said:
Risc said:

that is extremely concerning.

Although I cant imagine "players" means majority of squad given patterson here two minutes?

As mentoned above if true about Martin that certainly doesnt tally up with yesterday

Risc said:
PSumbler said:

If he hasn’t signed it, and we have randomly announced it then the lack of professionalism is astounding. I just can’t see that being the case but I’ve never dealt with these people.

Chiefs comments are concerning though to be honest, especially with the accuracy of Pato story.

Indeed they are worrying but this also wouldnt be the first time I have heard of the disgruntled player claiming that the whole squad was disgruntled and hated the manager.

Hell, we had someone who got a manager's job once on the back of it... ;) :lol:

I'm not even attempting to stick up for Paterson here as his level of disrespect yesterday is incredible but there is much more to this than meets the eye.

Maybe they assumed he would sign it? Maybe they went back on the deal before he signed it (remember Trust and share sale agreements... ) - who knows - all we know at the moment is what the club have released to the press

PSumbler said:
Chief said:

That's kind of my point

The club want to tie him down so have bought forward the trigger but for that to happen both sides need to sign it.

And therein lies the problem I don't believe it has been agreed (based on what I have read today)

Everyone of us read the stories of the extended contract as a done deal but was it?

Martin and the official site have both officially confirmed the contracts been extended.

If they've done that early without consulting Paterson he has grounds to sue.

But yes as you say, that can be sorted in the background, he's still earning more than he would be at any other club that would have taken a punt on him in the summer, so he needs some perspective and knuckle down

Chief said:
Risc said:

On yesterday's second half performance, admittedly watching on SwansTV, did anyone else notice our players were knocking footballs around when the coverage started back up? About a minute later the Huddersfield players emerged.
Did Russ send them out early to make a statement? Perhaps someone who made the trip can confirm...

Chief said:
PSumbler said:
That's kind of my point

Martin and the official site have both officially confirmed the contracts been extended.

If they've done that early without consulting Paterson he has grounds to sue.

But yes as you say, that can be sorted in the background, he's still earning more than he would be at any other club that would have taken a punt on him in the summer, so he needs some perspective and knuckle down

I'm not saying they weren't discussing contracts - absolutely no doubt in my mind that there were extended discussions around it.

But discussions and getting a signature on a piece of paper are different things and maybe it was felt to be a done deal (verbally) and then maybe we signed a couple of players and a certain winger felt that it was wrong he was being paid less than either of them?

I don't know but the one thing I am reasonably certain on based on current events is that Paterson has not signed the contract. If he has and is moaning about wages then that suggests he is thicker than your average thick person. That's where my conclusion comes from.

ANd remember you spend many hours discussing with someone the knock on effect of our majority owners changing the goalposts after a verbal agreement over terms.... ;)

Your last paragraph is spot on though

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back