• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Patterson

Wasn’t there talk of West Brom being interested a few months ago? Maybe his head is turned at the thought of potentially playing Premier League football if they go up, and he’s from the midlands ain’t he? Fuck him if this is true.

PSumbler said:
There's several questions on this that need answering - one of them being why did the club decide to reveal all of this today (make no mistake this was a controlled leak from the club)

There will be something in the middle here - IMO neither side will come out with any credit - Pato should not be refusing to play but I suspect our twitter surveyor will be somewhere towards the truth as minimum

Either way we stand to lose one of our better performers of the season for pennies and that is not good news

he wont go for pennies. He has 18 months left..

re your earlier comment, 750k up front

People love a drama, or more to the point, Swans fans love a drama.

Let's see what the full story is before we start hanging people.

As evidenced on another football fan place, people will jump and believe anything they read at first glance.

Lots of egg flying about today.

PSumbler said:
There's several questions on this that need answering - one of them being why did the club decide to reveal all of this today (make no mistake this was a controlled leak from the club)

There will be something in the middle here - IMO neither side will come out with any credit - Pato should not be refusing to play but I suspect our twitter surveyor will be somewhere towards the truth as minimum

Either way we stand to lose one of our better performers of the season for pennies and that is not good news

Your first paragraph says it all Why now? Who gains from it?

eteb said:
PSumbler said:

he wont go for pennies. He has 18 months left..

re your earlier comment, 750k up front

Didnt he sign just a twelve month deal when he joined? Thats <6 months left?

and we triggered the extnesion for a further year = 18

3swan said:
PSumbler said:

As a gut feel we jumped the gun on making a public announcement about his contract without him actually signing it and transfer talk has his agent (maybe) in his ear turning his head.

Ergo the only winner will be the agent (and Pato in the money terms, football terms we wait and see.

Thats a gut feel - as others have said lets wait and hear the full story because right now all we have heard is the part of the story the club want us to hear

eteb said:

And he signed that part of the contract did he? Thats the part we dont know but I would suggest that todays talk suggests that contract extension has not been signed-none of us (even those who willclaim to be ITK On the subject) know what has happened there but I would be amazed if he has 18 months to run right now on anything other than an offer of extension

eteb said:
Risc said:
Absolutely mental mate.

it's actually quite sad. So called 'supporters' making s**t up all the time.

the club have clearly done f**k all but some numpties are trying to turn the screw

In all honesty I thought the rumours of him refusing to play were supporters making up rubbish, hold my hands up to that one, but to now blame the club I can’t get my head around that.

The boy said himself his future was in complete limbo in summer, we give him a lifeline.

PSumbler said:
3swan said:

As a gut feel we jumped the gun on making a public announcement about his contract without him actually signing it and transfer talk has his agent (maybe) in his ear turning his head.

Ergo the only winner will be the agent (and Pato in the money terms, football terms we wait and see.

Thats a gut feel - as others have said lets wait and hear the full story because right now all we have heard is the part of the story the club want us to hear

Much my thoughts at the moment. A few words picked up and taken the wrong way can escalate very quickly. Now he could feel let down and is playing up but also the club could as you say gone public too soon, protecting a sell on fee by a few months.

Risc said:
eteb said:
it's actually quite sad. So called 'supporters' making s**t up all the time.

the club have clearly done f**k all but some numpties are trying to turn the screw

In all honesty I thought the rumours of him refusing to play were supporters making up rubbish, hold my hands up to that one, but to now blame the club I can’t get my head around that.

The boy said himself his future was in complete limbo in summer, we give him a lifeline.

Maybe that’s why the club assumed he would play another few games and accept the automatic extension? Naive if so. Anyway, no credit to anyone the way this has been managed. Should never have got to public dispute.

monmouth said:
Risc said:

Maybe that’s why the club assumed he would play another few games and accept the automatic extension? Naive if so. Anyway, no credit to anyone the way this has been managed. Should never have got to public dispute.

Shouldn’t need to assume he was under contract until summer anyway, his job, which he’s paid for is to play games for us. He can’t pick and choose when he does that.

Risc said:
monmouth said:

Shouldn’t need to assume he was under contract until summer anyway, his job, which he’s paid for is to play games for us. He can’t pick and choose when he does that.
Your right of course but all he has to do is go on the sick until January end and surely when he hits February he can talk to other clubs if I understand it correctly. I hope it gets sorted soon preferably with him staying.

I’d prefer him to stay but I certainly wouldn’t be opening vein if he went.

PSumbler said:
eteb said:

And he signed that part of the contract did he? Thats the part we dont know but I would suggest that todays talk suggests that contract extension has not been signed-none of us (even those who willclaim to be ITK On the subject) know what has happened there but I would be amazed if he has 18 months to run right now on anything other than an offer of extension

He must have known his contract had an extension clause with appearances? Why would the club randomly make it up?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back