• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Patterson

he wouldnt have to sign - if the contract says we have an extension option then thats that. It wouldnt say he had to agree to it i dont think.

the murmours are that this extension was triggered early, meaning he would have had to sign it off presumably. Again this was allegedly done a while back, so not sure why its now coming up

A few assumptions flying around but when we signed him we may well have low balled him and he may be well within his rights to expect better terms this time around.

eteb said:
he wouldnt have to sign - if the contract says we have an extension option then thats that. It wouldnt say he had to agree to it i dont think.

the murmours are that this extension was triggered early, meaning he would have had to sign it off presumably. Again this was allegedly done a while back, so not sure why its now coming up

It’s only triggered early because we had 4 games postponed in December. He would have reached the required 25 games anyway presuming he was fit before the January transfer window opened.

Under most circumstances I would be flabbergasted if this happened but when it comes to our owners anything goes really.
Going to keep fingers crossed that its a bunch of nonsense, next Saturday's game will tell us a huge amount about what's really happened.

bakajack said:
Under most circumstances I would be flabbergasted if this happened but when it comes to our owners anything goes really.
Going to keep fingers crossed that its a bunch of nonsense, next Saturday's game will tell us a huge amount about what's really happened.

The fact he hasn’t acknowledged the extension on social media certainly tells us what we need to know imo.

If he doesn't want to stay then get him away from the squad asap, if he wants to stay and get his head down fine, but this has to be resolved sharpish, no place for over inflated ego's we had enough of them in the Premier league years.

We move on.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59914154

Hmm only just seen this with a quote from Martin talking about triggering the contract extension early.

How can the club do that????

Chief said:

Hmm only just seen this with a quote from Martin talking about triggering the contract extension early.

Only with Paterson's agreement I would assume, so what has happened since is anyone's guess.

Chief said:

If it wasn’t written in contract we had the option of doing that, then we couldn’t, but it obviously was.

Keep saying the same thing, but he signed it. He’s had his head turned and now wants out.

eteb said:
cwmdonkin, please accepy my apologirs

Of course. I wasn’t sure it was right but had no reason to believe it was made up either. Disappointing in the extreme

cwmdonkinjack said:
eteb said:

Of course. I wasn’t sure it was right but had no reason to believe it was made up either. Disappointing in the extreme

Fair play mate looks like you called it right

cwmdonkinjack said:
eteb said:

Yes I also apologise. There’s been a lot of rubbish spread lately about the Swans and I must admit I thought this was another. Obviously not though.

cwmdonkinjack said:
eteb said:

Whats worrying Cwmdonkin is that i saw a message with this information in it about Paterson, don't know if you saw the same one, but there is other detail in there which isn't good news. As the Paterson news seems to be true, so could the rest. I hope not.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back