• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Pink Floyd

J_B said:
You were the one who brought up the subject of hits, not me.

I won't engage you in a battle of wits any more as I can see that you've turned up unarmed. Sleep tight.

I don't give a shit about the hits mate, I make a comment , and you call me drunkard and and a pisshead, just because I'm not fussed on pink Floyd, which IMO is totally out of order.

jack123 said:
I don't give a s**t about the hits mate, I make a comment , and you call me drunkard and and a pisshead, just because I'm not fussed on pink Floyd, which IMO is totally out of order.

I wouldn’t say you were drunk because of opinion, but, where I’m from, saying pink Floyd are crap is fighting talk!
But I’ve moved from there so you’re entitled to your opinion 😂
I’ll do ew in a game of tiddly winks or something instead 😂

exiledclaseboy said:
:lol: Sorry, Inspector Itchy of the Muso Snob Constabulary. I know my place.

:lol:

Not to worry, I have some dubious taste too……..

As it happens I recently went down a bit of a rabbit hole which I believe you’d thoroughly enjoy! I recently watched Decline Of Western Civilisation part II again which I haven’t seen for many years, great fun and took me back to my teens, it’s on Prime if you search it up. That took me on to a My5 doc called When 80’s Metal Ruled The World (or something similar) which is basically the same thing and just rehashes all the old Kerrang stories from back in the day. I’m currently on Ep3 of four.

Let me know when you’ve watched them. :D

I thought the 'Meddle' album was very good, 'Dark Side of the Moon' was an all time classic, one of the best rock albums of all time, and 'Wish You Were Here' was reasonably good.
Everything before and after was pretentious crap in my humble opinion.

J_B said:
Third biggest selling studio album of all time and according to you their only hit was another brick.

Drunken fool.

He’s pretty much right in that respect though. Singles wise I mean n

The whole pink Floyd debate always makes me laugh.

It always leads to certain types of music fans usually the type that say the “Beatles are overrated… I don’t get it” saying they’re crap.

The type of music fan that has a very narrow view of what is good music ie something that goes on for more than 10 mins is pretentious nonsense.

In reality pink Floyd were an incredible band, genuinely transformative.

Syd Barrett is cited by the likes of Bowie has a massive influence. That early pink Floyd era was full of invention which had been seen as very influential for a number of subsequent musicians.

You then have the 70s era which was pink Floyd at their peak. Dark side of the moon is an astonishing record, considered by many to be best album ever. But when you reach those heights like the Beatles people think it’s cool to knock it. A form of musical snobbery. I could go on.

I’m not saying you can’t dislike pink Floyd it’s not for everyone but to not respect them I find hard to comprehend.

rockinj said:
The whole pink Floyd debate always makes me laugh.

It always leads to certain types of music fans usually the type that say the “Beatles are overrated… I don’t get it” saying they’re crap.

The type of music fan that has a very narrow view of what is good music ie something that goes on for more than 10 mins is pretentious nonsense.

In reality pink Floyd were an incredible band, genuinely transformative.

Syd Barrett is cited by the likes of Bowie has a massive influence. That early pink Floyd era was full of invention which had been seen as very influential for a number of subsequent musicians.

You then have the 70s era which was pink Floyd at their peak. Dark side of the moon is an astonishing record, considered by many to be best album ever. But when you reach those heights like the Beatles people think it’s cool to knock it. A form of musical snobbery. I could go on.

I’m not saying you can’t dislike pink Floyd it’s not for everyone but to not respect them I find hard to comprehend.

Great post especially the bit about The Beatles.

I don't follow musical artists, I'm authentic and have a listen to everyone.. they're talented, no doubt, but they're human at the end of the day

Fuck the Beatles, Floyd are epic, need to watch that metal series

exiledclaseboy said:
He’s pretty much right in that respect though. Singles wise I mean n

Well they weren’t a singles band and he didn’t mention singles. Of course they had 10 singles in the top 40 and 3 in the top 10 despite not being a singles band so he’s wrong about that too.

J_B said:
Well they weren’t a singles band and he didn’t mention singles. Of course they had 10 singles in the top 40 and 3 in the top 10 despite not being a singles band so he’s wrong about that too.

They weren’t a singles band but had 10 top 40s and three top 10 singles. :lol: Fair enough though. My overriding view on Floyd is that I find them a bit tedious. But we’re all different and there’s no doubt they’re very popular. They regularly ride high in any polls about classic rock.

Pink Floyd are an awful sounding band. The Beatles are ace though.

exiledclaseboy said:
They weren’t a singles band but had 10 top 40s and three top 10 singles. :lol: Fair enough though. My overriding view on Floyd is that I find them a bit tedious. But we’re all different and there’s no doubt they’re very popular. They regularly ride high in any polls about classic rock.

I love Floyd, but I agree wholeheartedly with the art is subjective point you make, I absolutely detest Coldplay and I know I’m in minority.
what always annoys me with some people who like Floyd, is their “yeah you can’t listen to them unless you’re stoned”
I hear it quite a lot whenever this debate about Floyd comes up, I don’t care who likes who, it’s all about personal taste, but I don’t like it that people automatically assume as I like Floyd I’m some sort of drug addled drop out 😂

All the MEGA bands and artists were/are MEGA for the same reason. Whether it be Pink Floyd or the Sex Pistols, Madonna, Michael Jackson or the Beatles. They all contributed something sonically, artistically or socially and repainted musical landscapes. You don’t have to like them to appreciate their importance.

Itchysphincter said:
All the MEGA bands and artists were/are MEGA for the same reason. Whether it be Pink Floyd or the Sex Pistols, Madonna, Michael Jackson or the Beatles. They all contributed something sonically, artistically or socially and repainted musical landscapes. You don’t have to like them to appreciate their importance.

Insp Itchy speaks and the music world listens. :lol:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back