• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

S23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City | EFL Championship

What will the result be against Plymouth?

• Plymouth win

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Swans win

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fantastic performance. Well done to all, including Mr Duff.
Safe trip back all you JBs.

Superb result.

Main difference as far as I can tell between now and earlier in the season is the midfield.

Grimes understands what is being asked of him and is playing more on the front foot. Paterson has come back in and is playing out of his skin.

There's no big gap in the middle of the park any more. We're not having to just knock it long to the forwards. There's a base to build from there. Great stuff.

Think Duff deserves an apology thread tbh, and some of the people who called for his head a few games in need to say sorry.

It was all a bit embarrasing, and all because he told the players they weren't fit enough or ran hard enough.

Yeah, nobody liked the losses but the hysteria was off the charts.

https://twitter.com/swansnews/status/1710689253884137745

DanWelsh said:
Think Duff deserves an apology thread tbh, and some of the people who called for his head a few games in need to say sorry.

It was all a bit embarrasing, and all because he told the players they weren't fit enough or ran hard enough.

Yeah, nobody liked the losses but the hysteria was off the charts.

We were horrific until QPR. The change since then is utterly the other end of the spectrum. Brilliant to see

Things are getting better.

From where we were 3 weeks ago, definite improvement. Not just the results - of course they help - but most importantly there is growing evidence of some sort of plan and structure, even if it's still a bit 'bitty' at times.

The biggest takeaway for me from these last 4 games is what we look like without the ball. Today in particular I noticed players throwing their bodies in front of the ball, making last ditch blocks and stuff like that - not stuff you tended to see under Russell Martin. There is clear evidence that Duff is having an impact in this department in the last few weeks.

I am still not allowing myself to get too excited after just 3 weeks of improvement off the back of the worst start to the season I can ever remember - but I am extremely pleased at the progress seen during this time. I was gravely concerned about a relegation battle, thankfully that no longer seems to be the case.

Let's hope this international break hasn't come at the wrong time for us. I can think of easier games than Leicester to resume with! Win that though, and I'll start to really be convinced.

I'll conclude with a "well done" to Duff and the players for stopping the rot, and pulling their respective fingers out. It wasn't before time.

Dress it up and over analyse it as much as you want, the last four results have been superb.

Full credit to Duff, his staff and obviously the team. A bit of a rest now, and hopefully no more injuries and we can have another crack at it.

The team are looking like a team.

UppaJacks!

Oh we have to beat Leicester now, who’ve won 10 out of 11 before you’re ‘convinced’. Colour me shocked.

Allergic2Hoof said:
Great finish.

Edit, actually never mind. Dumb comment

I didn't see this before you edited it, but I was only pulling your leg. Most of what was said in that thread was justified, although I did think the suggestion he was no better than Byers was a tad harsh. Anyway, we'll both be happy if he keeps having the impact he did today, so let's enjoy 4 in a row.

JackSomething said:
I didn't see this before you edited it, but I was only pulling your leg. Most of what was said in that thread was justified, although I did think the suggestion he was no better than Byers was a tad harsh. Anyway, we'll both be happy if he keeps having the impact he did today, so let's enjoy 4 in a row.

He said you could suck his wang, the strange fellow

Captain_Sham said:
He said you could suck his wang, the strange fellow

:lol: Seems a bit of an over-reaction to a gentle ribbing while the Swans are winning, but each to their own...

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back