• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: Barnsley v Swansea, Championship Play Off Semi Final 1st Leg, Match Thread

swan65split said:
A4Jack said:
Tbf to Cooper - and a lot of us, me definitely included, have berated him this season - we have completely nullified them and hit them where it hurts. Credit where it's due. So far

Theyve got a tough cple of forwards, theyll be throwing everything 2 nd half

They've been throwing everything 1st half, not sure they can keep that up for the whole of the 2nd. We were coming more into the game the longer it went on which might suggest they're already tiring.

eteb said:
that was a seriously ballsy display with two kids at centre back agaisnt a dirty bunch of cloggers with fan advantage (who are unbearable as fck might I had) - that is the best 45 I have seen from Cabango - seriously strong performance.

All decent bar hourihane and cullen. I would personally take both off for smith and whittaker off at half time but no complaints otherwise.

Oh and i take it back when i said i want ishmael managing us - f**k that, they are a slightly better version of cardiff

They're young, but we've known all season that these two are quality CBs. Both should start, whatever the formation, even when Bennetts is fit. How the feck Naughts kept getting picked at CB over Cabango is one of life's mysteries.

Let's hope they can keep dominating the flat track bullies Barnsley have up front.

Ringwood Jack said:
Fair play we are really putting in a shift...Barnsley shite to watch something out of Wimbledon days. Hourihane putting in a shift too.

Whittaker for Cullen maybe at some point or Coops might shore up the midfield with Smith and play 4 4 2

Smith came on against them in the league game up there and did really well. Same today I reckon - Hourihane's anonymous.

mrploppy said:
Ringwood Jack said:
Fair play we are really putting in a shift...Barnsley shite to watch something out of Wimbledon days. Hourihane putting in a shift too.

Whittaker for Cullen maybe at some point or Coops might shore up the midfield with Smith and play 4 4 2

Smith came on against them in the league game up there and did really well. Same today I reckon - Hourihane's anonymous.

yep, a sad indictment of his whole time here - terrible. Smith has bite and energy which we need. Whittaker can hold the ball up and is quick - much better than cullen and a few years younger

eteb said:
mrploppy said:

yep, a sad indictment of his whole time here - terrible. Smith has bite and energy which we need. Whittaker can hold the ball up and is quick - much better than cullen and a few years younger

I don't think Whittaker can play where Cullen's playing though. Cullen's getting bullied and so would Whittaker. It would need a shuffle around.

mrploppy said:
Ringwood Jack said:

I can honestly say that I didn't know hourihane was on the pitch.

Fireboy said:
mrploppy said:

shocking fireboy, he has been like that all season

Fireboy said:
mrploppy said:

First mentined after 27 minutes!

mrploppy said:
Ringwood Jack said:

He's a bit like Ayew in that regard. He's only on there for the one chance he has from the edge of the box on his left foot, be that a set piece or shot from open play. Otherwise he may as well be in the stands. But at least Ayew has the leadership side too.

This isn't Cullen's game either. He's showing his naivety so far, although there have been a couple of bits of smart play.

It's hard to be critical though as we've coped with the onslaught fairly well so far. If we can compose ourselves a bit, get it down and play we could end up quite comfortable here. Could. Sounds easy in theory!

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back