• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: Swansea City v Preston Match Thread

What will the result be against Preston?

• Swans win

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Preston win

Votes: 20 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fireboy said:
Jinxy said:
What worries me is that we have little idea of what kind of football, and therefore head coach, is desired by this current "regime" (Winter et al) Phil, unless you have a view? For all that was wrong with HJ and his merry men, the head coach appointments were pretty sound, and the passing style of play seemed to be as much their desire as us ours it seems.

I would rather not stick with the devil we know, personally, because I don't know how much more of this awful football I, or probs all of us, can take. We'd be annihilated in the PL under Cooper (no matter who he buys if we scraped up), so I for one would rather us not go up under him.

There's probably loads of young promising coaches in the Spanish and Dutch leagues at least, I would have thought, but I suspect our lot would rather scrape up, get hammered and cash in on our freefalling way back. What do you think?

Re your last paragraph, have a look at the top 6 of the championship table, how many british managers?
Good point Mr FB. As I alluded to - the question is how honourable are the intentions of our owners and chairman? I have my doubts! Do you know what though, I may be in the minority but I'd rather see us trying to play decent football in ANY league - I'm not relishing any prospect of promotion, unless we competed and made us all proud, as we did in the first 4 odd years last time. 450 mins without a goal says it all really. I get the feeling Cooper's drilled it into them something like "play it out if there's NO CHANCE of losing the ball, but any doubt whatsoever, hit it long". And they do. I probably would too. Awful to watch.

monmouth said:
LoL at scummers

Crikey, there isn’t much that would bring a smile to my chops right now, but that has.

Was expecting to find it 1-0 after five minutes :lol:

JackFish said:
Londonlisa2001 said:
The problem is that I think we need a complete reset of the squad. And that will cost a fortune or a lot of time. I’d rather we could use the £120m from the PL than have 5 or 6 years of waiting.

That’s a fair point. But if Cooper somehow flukes a win through the playoffs we can’t exactly sack him before the season starts.

Match of the Day pundits would never forgive us ! 😂😂

Post match interview taking long to come out? Don’t usually take an hour does it?

PSumbler said:
Mr Birch once told me that no matter how bad things should get we should never sack Steve Cooper.

This coming from a guy that fucked off at the first sign of a better job.

Swansea93 said:
Post match interview taking long to come out? Don’t usually take an hour does it?

He's busy looking for his script to read from or hoping he doesn't have to do the interview

Cooper 'We have got to stand up and be counted'

Well then Steve, stand up and jump into your car and fuck off out of Swansea please?

Pathetic post match interview

Thought we looked better at times in second half. Fuck off now

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back