• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: Swansea v Brentford, Championship Play Off Final Match Thread

Who is going to win the play off final ?

• Swansea City

Votes: 40 70.2%
  • Brentford

Votes: 17 29.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ringwood Jack said:
Glyn1 said:
Brentford are an excellent team and we're the underdogs, but I don't see why they are such overwhelming favourites. They lost 8 times this season including to Preston (who finished 13th), Stoke (14th), Coventry (16th) and Birmingham (18th). We lost a few more matches including to lower teams than these, but we have a very good chance. Put it this way, no-one anywhere would be astounded if we won this one.

The keep harping on how they hammered us at the Liberty in the 1-1 draw and we were extremely lucky yet fully omitting their home game against us when we should have won and was the better side. Smoke and mirrors surrounds this whole charade of this fixture Saturday. Deep down they don't want to even contemplate remotely losing this so will keep hammering the selected facts to push their promotion bid.

The Goblin of a Manager they call SC could well be their downfall this weekend

Not forgetting we dominated the game at their place where they burgled a point

Lets not forget the perfectly good goal at the death that was disallowed for..... no reason.

Pacemaker said:
Somerset Bee said:
Evening Swans,

Just thought I’d have a quick look to see how you all reckon it’s gonna go on Saturday. 😀
Personally, despite what the bookies say, I make you favourites for this one.
Reckon your bigger club history: 7 yyears in the PL in the last 10 isn’t it?, League Cup winners, campaign in Europe, numerous Welsh Cups, etc. etc. compared to what we’ve done, must be the most important things, and mean you’re pretty confident about coming out on top?

You finished above us, you have been on a good run of form so I would think that your supporters are pretty confident of going up, we have both been involved in a few play offs over the years especially around our league 1 time.

Maybe it’s your time, I don’t think any Swans fans are confident and most just want us to play well. It’s a one off game anything could happen, injuries, red cards dodgy decisions who knows, I am going just for the occasion and to support the Swans.

It won’t be the end of the world for us if we lose, I would like to go up but the PL is a pretty cynical world where your faith in football gets tested by some of the antics, the money generally goes to players and agents.

Good post...particularly the final paragraph. I’m nowhere near as nervous as I was the last time...although I suspect this will pick up on Saturday! Obviously I want to win, but we’ve played the ‘big boys’ so much in recent times that the thought of playing Man Utd, Chelsea, etc. isn’t as exciting a prospect anymore. Soulless grounds, plastics, etc. Genuinely enjoyed our time back in the Championship (regardless of the style and level of football at times).

That being said, I hope we batter them and get promoted! Didn’t think I’d see it again in my lifetime...or at least for another 15-20 years!

Wotcha. Just wanted to wish you a safe trip to London on Saturday and may the best team on the day win.
Bees fans' view is not representative over a few posters on our forums, as you should know. It is a case of a positive mindset, as we've gone into previous playoffs with a negative mindset and it's not been very helpful. This time, we're all trying to be more positive, because we've suffered so many defeats and there's no other way to be for us anymore. We always predict a defeat for ourselves, and we just want to think differently this time round. But anyway, read into it what you will.
And of course we predict a win, because it's what we want to see. Much like yourselves, you'll have a lot of confidence knowing that you are well set-up, very organised, and can score goals, especially with Ayew in the team. He's a proven matchwinner and a Prem player imo.
Likewise, we're pretty decent ourselves when we're on our game, but the difference being is that we're tougher to beat than in previous seasons, so when we're not playing well, we still don't concede too many.
Regardless, majority of Brentford fans will be very very nervous because of our previous record. We've NEVER turned up and given the opposition a game in a playoff final, and all we really ask for is to give it everything. If we lose by giving everything, we can be fairly happy in defeat.

Prediction on my side is a 1-1 draw at 90 minutes. Don't want to even think about predicting what happens thereafter, as anything can and will happen.

Again, safe journey and enjoy the weekend.

Captain_Sham said:
Lets not forget the perfectly good goal at the death that was disallowed for..... no reason.

Other than Ayew being offside :lol:

Let's not be bias else we'll look as bad as them.

Thomas Frank said:
Wotcha. Just wanted to wish you a safe trip to London on Saturday and may the best team on the day win.
Bees fans' view is not representative over a few posters on our forums, as you should know. It is a case of a positive mindset, as we've gone into previous playoffs with a negative mindset and it's not been very helpful. This time, we're all trying to be more positive, because we've suffered so many defeats and there's no other way to be for us anymore. We always predict a defeat for ourselves, and we just want to think differently this time round. But anyway, read into it what you will.
And of course we predict a win, because it's what we want to see. Much like yourselves, you'll have a lot of confidence knowing that you are well set-up, very organised, and can score goals, especially with Ayew in the team. He's a proven matchwinner and a Prem player imo.
Likewise, we're pretty decent ourselves when we're on our game, but the difference being is that we're tougher to beat than in previous seasons, so when we're not playing well, we still don't concede too many.
Regardless, majority of Brentford fans will be very very nervous because of our previous record. We've NEVER turned up and given the opposition a game in a playoff final, and all we really ask for is to give it everything. If we lose by giving everything, we can be fairly happy in defeat.

Prediction on my side is a 1-1 draw at 90 minutes. Don't want to even think about predicting what happens thereafter, as anything can and will happen.

Welcome sensible poster.

Which one hurt the most?

Would it hurt more on Saturday?

AlarchAlmaenig said:
Captain_Sham said:

Other than Ayew being offside :lol:

Let's not be bias else we'll look as bad as them.

Whats good for the Goose ....

Thomas Frank said:

Same to you, sensible bee.

It could go either way. Not one of us knows, and not one of us can influence the outcome. One set of us will be ecstatic, one set dismayed. That’s sport.

I wouldn’t begrudge you it, your shot at the prem, that’s for sure. Sport is an endless cycle and no matter what happens, next season will bring more ups and downs. Three better teams than ours (or certainly on a par) have all got less than 30 points this season. Hardly a joy ride. Neither of us is a Leeds. Plus we know, surviving more than one season can turn out a long term curse as your cost structures and footballing principles go out the window, all for filthy lucre, that gives no benefit to your club.

I’m sure whichever of us wins on Saturday will be beyond ecstasy, put the prognosis already has overwhelming odds against.

Thomas Frank said:

At last a decent bee supporter, just like you lot used to be 👍

Shame about your username 🤣

AlarchAlmaenig said:
Thomas Frank said:

Welcome sensible poster.

Which one hurt the most?

Would it hurt more on Saturday?

Lol. The most painful? Every single one of them. I went to every single one of them with hope, whether we were the underdogs or favourites. They say it's the hope that kills you. You're not bloody wrong! I might argue that losing to Fulham last season hurt in the same way that if you were to lose to Cardiff in a similar situation.

This Saturday, if we lose, it'll hurt the least in my opinion. I don't care that we're favourites according to the bookies. It's a 50:50 game at best. But we're so used to disappointment over the years, and whilst we will lose two or three of our best players in the close season, we'll challenge again next season for sure. We've lost our best players every summer but reinvested the money wisely, despite the annual meltdown by the fans.

You might not like our manager, but he's pretty good at what he does and it's damn good to watch too. Much like you probably don't think we like your manager much, Cooper is effective at what he does and gotten you challenging again. Both are different, but are no mugs at this level. Whatever we think of each others' managers, the reality is that we know they are good at their jobs. Much like the fact that no matter what any fan says on the internet, we fear losing to each other.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back