• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 21/22 The Official Hull City v Swansea City Match Thread

What will the result be against Hull City?

• Hull win

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Swans win

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just when I stated getting optImistic. I knew I shouldn't. This. However some will still think we have a chance of the playoffs.

We played much better in the second half. So frustrating that we need to go behind by a goal or two before we start playing with more urgency.

It's all way to slow, so easy to defend against.

Seems MK Dons have ended up with the better side of the deal when Martin joined us

Swanseastar said:
We played much better in the second half. So frustrating that we need to go behind by a goal or two before we start playing with more urgency.

That’s a mentality issue.

MrSwerve said:
sainthelens said:
Agreed don't like that.
Cant score and defending like fckn plums .....again.
And again RM under the cosh for me, need a massive response Tuesday or he will see fist pumping .

Indeed Saint and I hope all is well this Saturday evening for you.

Thanks buddy, getting on as best I can tbh. Have a good weekend my friend.

I posted earlier in the thread about our shortcomings, but I'll add a question. We're over half way through the season and I'd like to know what foundations are we building. I can't see any positives to say defence, midfield or attack. I've watched more seasons that I care to remember but even in the dark days I could accept that players weren't good enough but tried to counterbalance lack of skill. Other times could see some hope of progress. I accept we've had two play off seasons, but those and this season so far have strangled any positive thoughts that games can be enjoyable again

3swan said:
I posted earlier in the thread about our shortcomings, but I'll add a question. We're over half way through the season and I'd like to know what foundations are we building. I can't see any positives to say defence, midfield or attack. I've watched more seasons that I care to remember but even in the dark days I could accept that players weren't good enough but tried to counterbalance lack of skill. Other times could see some hope of progress. I accept we've had two play off seasons, but those and this season so far have strangled any positive thoughts that games can be enjoyable again

It is a strange situation. When the season started with no preparation, key players out and several players in, a lot of fans seemed to be of the opinion that this season is a season of change and the acid test will be next season. I guess that is still the case so it's quite possible the players are thinking that way too, if so, they will never be able to give 100% as it's a mentality thing and that seems to be what we're seeing. We've had another transfer window and players have gone and others have come in so basically, we're still experimenting and it's likely to continue for the rest of this season which is ok as long as we don't end up in a relegation battle. Fortunately, Derby, Posh, Barnsley, Reading & Cardiff look like they are getting cut adrift and will probably end up as the bottom 5.

I'm sure most of us can't see where we're heading so I hope Martin can and if he has sorted out what he needs by the end of this season and gets them during the summer, a decent start to next season is essential as there will be absolutely no excuses this time and nobody will tolerate any stuff like we've seen today. A bad August/September and I can see him gone by the end of October.

sainthelens said:
MrSwerve said:
Indeed Saint and I hope all is well this Saturday evening for you.

Thanks buddy, getting on as best I can tbh. Have a good weekend my friend.
All the best.
As we both know it is tough.
Family and friends help you get though.
Swans provide a distraction ( in one way or another )

Cooperman said:
Swanseastar said:

Which, in turn is a management issue. I would be really concerned that Martin is the right man if it's true that there have been tensions between him and Paro and him and Obafemi. The slowness of our game is what really grinds my gears, and as one other poster mentioned earlier was epitomised to me when at the latter stages of the first half I watched Grimes strolling over to take a corner as if he didn't have a care in the world

legoman said:
Cooperman said:

Which, in turn is a management issue. I would be really concerned that Martin is the right man if it's true that there have been tensions between him and Paro and him and Obafemi. The slowness of our game is what really grinds my gears, and as one other poster mentioned earlier was epitomised to me when at the latter stages of the first half I watched Grimes strolling over to take a corner as if he didn't have a care in the world

I think Martin has issues with Pato refusing to play but backed him big time in his disagreement about wages.

Obafemi though I agree with, needs to play more and shocking he hasn’t.

Swanseastar said:

We look like we play better after going 2 goals down because the opposition take their foot off the gas. It really is as simple as that.

We are a bog standard, not very good team who value stats above results. Largely because it’s stats that gets a manager noticed I suspect.

We seem bereft of ideas both on the pitch and off the pitch.

Why on earth would we send our one of our young players on loan to be replaced by a youngster that we will develop for another club? And if he’s brilliant we can’t sign him anyway. When the playoffs are, as I said a week ago when we signed another pointless loan, only achievable in the event of an absolute miracle, and due to points deductions, relegation won’t happen.

We don’t seem to have anyone at the club who has any sense of how to run a club.

This is a free season. We won’t go up. We won’t go down. So why not use it to develop for next year?

Although quite what we are developing who knows.

Allowing the Patterson situation to destroy a month of football is inexcusable,

whats the solution with patterson though lisa?

I dont think the club can win either way.

pay rise = we are walkovers

sell for what we value him at = happy days

sell to get rid but undervalue = selling everything on the cheap

clubs are chancing their arms thinking they can get him on the cheap. we need to stand firm - if valuation isnt met and he isnt willing to play, let him rot in the reserves.

the greedy cnt is 30 now, has had probably the best spell of form in his entire career over the past three months and thinks hes the dogs bollocks

3swan said:

Outside of a few half decent performances it is hard to see that we have had any real progress this season.

I am more than happy to accept that this is a season of transition but it is hard to see that we are improving. The next 48 hours is quite big for Martin as we are well short of having the players to play his system and whilst we cant expect them all before Monday night we would expect enough to at least be able to see progress in the last 20 games.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back