• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 21/22 The Official QPR v The Swans Match Thread

What will the result be against QPR?

• QPR win

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Swans win

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jackharris

Staff member
Reaction score
8-FE11325-9-D16-42-BB-A108-6798-C6-E0-C3-E2.jpg

15-EFDD8-E-1242-4-A7-E-B20-A-46429-EFA808-E.jpg

BD3068-D7-7-D19-42-E4-95-FD-18123-F560-DE6.jpg

241564-DE-D74-F-4-F08-9296-867-A899-DBE0-B.jpg

2883-B30-D-E16-E-4-F12-896-D-4-E21-A5-FF7-DDB.jpg

84-EEAE97-BD88-46-EB-8921-B6-C18-F8-CF67-E.jpg

F233-B65-D-CD83-4-DC0-ACDA-002-AA9-C2-ADE3.jpg

2-E27-EA94-5-CE8-4108-B0-F3-28-CA25063-F2-C.jpg

A8-AB5937-8960-4271-875-E-D7038-EA8-CE0-B.jpg

CA14-C9-DB-A826-49-A0-8-C65-CE750-EA20-B54.jpg

02310070-1542-4082-8-FF6-7-A32-BA2075-C6.jpg

Worth a reproduction

Who was Kiyan Prince?

_108259189_kiyanprince.jpg

(From Wikipedia) Kiyan Prince was a 15-year-old British boy who attended the London Academy in Edgware. He was fatally stabbed on 18 May 2006, receiving a single lethal knife wound, while intervening to prevent the bullying of another boy. Described as "an outstanding and upstanding boy", Prince was a prodigious footballing talent, and represented the Queens Park Rangers youth football team.

Spurred by this personal tragedy, Prince's father, former boxer (and ex-International IBF and WBO Champion) Mark Prince, founded the Kiyan Prince Foundation (KPF) in early 2007. It is a not-for-profit organization that is committed to using Kiyan's legacy to combat knife crime and other forms of youth violence. Its mission is to:

work with young people to increase awareness and address the consequences of gun and knife crime through education. It aims to empower young people by promoting a sense of belonging, self-worth and purpose that can be found outside of gang culture and offending behaviour through providing access to diversionary and preventative activities.

On 7 June 2019, following nominations and a fan vote from a shortlist, it was announced that the Loftus Road stadium would be renamed the 'Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium'

In 2007, Hannad Hassan was given a life sentence for the murder and told that he had to serve at least 13 years of that sentence. Earlier this year, as news of a potential appeal surfaced, Kiyan's father said that no appeal should take place until he had the chance to meet face to face with the man who took his son's life.

I don’t believe that Hannad should be able to apply for parole before I am able to speak with him one on one.

I had arranged to visit him last year but through no fault of anyone it was cancelled at the last minute.

I believe it is my right to speak to the man who killed my son, who pushed a knife into his body.

Knife crime is like losing two lives – one person dies and another is locked up.
Mark Prince - May 2020

EA Sports FIFA raises awareness for Kiyan Prince Foundation
Source: EFL official website

As part of a new activation by EA Sports, EFL fans will be able to celebrate the memory of former QPR youth player Kiyan Prince within FIFA Ultimate Team.

Through the EFL’s partnership with EA Sports, QPR and the Kiyan Prince Foundation will raise awareness through the activation, which will enable fans to select a number of in-game custom vanity items such as kits, Tifos and stadium dressing.

The Tifo design that will be available for fans within the game was inspired by a photo of Kiyan at QPR, while the kit is a replication of the 2005/6 kit that Kiyan wore in his last season and features the KPF logo on the front. All players names on the back of the shirts will also be set to ‘Prince’ in his honour. This is the first time that an EFL Clubs has featured in game with so many customisable items.

The Kiyan Prince Tifo and kit was available for players to obtain until 6pm on 17 July (2020)

https://twitter.com/90min_Football/status/1280182745000484867

crop

In 2019, Kiyan's father, Mark Prince, was awarded the OBE for his work in tacking knife and gang crime in London.

Upon the award, he said “My son lost his life, and this is what I can give back on behalf of my son. This is not about going around saying ‘oh, I’ve got an OBE,’ because that doesn’t really do anything for me when I go to the cemetery to visit my son."

He added his award demonstrated “that people like us from our community can do great things and be recognised for the great things that we are trying to do for others”.

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/1108037549891747840

YOU CAN DONATE DIRECTLY TO THE KIYAN PRINCE FOUNDATION BY CLICKING HERE

Does anyone know how I'd go about getting a ticket for the game?

London-based Jack, hadn't realised tickets went off sale at 2pm on Monday.

After 2x tickets.

SW17_Swans said:
Does anyone know how I'd go about getting a ticket for the game?

London-based Jack, hadn't realised tickets went off sale at 2pm on Monday.

After 2x tickets.

I think unfortunately that is it - have a horrible feeling its not pay on the day

Maybe worth a call to the ticket office to see if there is anything that can be done

Or a "sit on your hands" scenario in a home end? ;)

Similar problem here - I had tickets for the December game and have only just realised that they were refunded, so I'm also looking for two tickets. Will call the ticket office in the morning but not too confident - happy to buy from anyone who has spares.

Will be a tough game this one but one that I feel that we can get a result from.
Going to go with 2-1 to Swansea after a big performance from the Wolf

Going for a win for the Swans tonight, making it 3 decent results on the bounce. Lets start looking up rather than down.

Smith at AM again, nothing at all against the guy he’s a solid pro and been a really good signing for us, but he’s no attacking midfielder.

Pato costing us dearly. We need to ship him out and hopefully got a replacement at the ready. Over to you Mr Winter and Allen.

That Paterson thing is a real pain in ass and needs to be dealt with. Leaves a massive hole in our already limited attacking game.

Smith at AM and Latibeaudierre at LWB will be exposed tonight, I'm fearful for our relegation battle ahead

PSumbler said:
Worth a reproduction

Who was Kiyan Prince?

Thank you for sharing this, Phil. I have sat in the stadium several times since 2006 and not really given it a second thought, but I shall recall your post next time i'm there.

Bryanswan said:
Going for a win for the Swans tonight, making it 3 decent results on the bounce. Lets start looking up rather than down.

Love your optimism,QPR are a good side and in good form.I'd take a point.

QPR are far superior to Preston, and we were hanging on against them, so I don't know where people's confidence has come from.. maybe we'll nick another spawny 1-0 win, Cooper hasn't left us yet boyos

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back