• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 21/22 The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread

What will the result be against Nottingham Forest?

• Swans win

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Nottingham Forest win

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:?:
monmouth said:
We were going nowhere under Cooper. He knew it, the club knew it. That’s why he was binned or walked.

We may fail under Martin, but there is clearly more headroom in terms of where we are now aiming. Will put things back on the right track whether Martin pulls it off or not. Astras and arduas as Brenno would have it.

You classify two play-off campaigns as going nowhere? Not sure I agree with that.

Richard said:
:?:
monmouth said:
We were going nowhere under Cooper. He knew it, the club knew it. That’s why he was binned or walked.

We may fail under Martin, but there is clearly more headroom in terms of where we are now aiming. Will put things back on the right track whether Martin pulls it off or not. Astras and arduas as Brenno would have it.

You classify two play-off campaigns as going nowhere? Not sure I agree with that.

We finished the season in the same division we started it. Twice. That is the text book definition of going nowhere.

Monmouth and Bryanswan sum it up for me. Under Martin, there's a definite feeling of building towards something that could be truly special. It may fail spectacularly or he may do what he did to MK and leave for a better job before finishing the puzzle here, but that tantalising feeling of being on the brink of something special is exciting.

Despite finishing in the playoffs twice under Cooper, can anyone really say that it felt like he was building something here? That we were a player or two away, or a clever tactical tweak away from it all falling into place?

Perhaps we've just been spoilt because of what Roberto, Brendan and to an extent Laudrup did here, but give me a 'project' manager like Martin any day over the alternatives.

For what its worth, we are going nowhere under Martin as well. I never had any expectations for Cooper and I have even less for Martin. I certainly don't see anything special. Im reminded of Potters team. Totally inconsistent and not very good defensively.

Hang on 67% here currently think Martin's team won't win against Cooper's Forest who were languished at the bottom for so long ?

The blind faith shown by the happy clappers here is clearly waning, and not only if you look at the stats.

Have some faith, he simply needs to revert to the winning formula and with our far better squad, and with some of his own recruits in the starting line up this should be a comfortable win today.

What are we doing today then? Downes as a CB like he finished last match, or 4 at the back? Downes CB presumably, as I can’t see Ntcham used as an out and out winger.

AndyCole said:
Hang on 67% here currently think Martin's team won't win against Cooper's Forest who were languished at the bottom for so long ?

The blind faith shown by the happy clappers here is clearly waning, and not only if you look at the stats.

Have some faith, he simply needs to revert to the winning formula and with our far better squad, and with some of his own recruits in the starting line up this should be a comfortable win today.

Probably something to do with forest fans logging on to vote just like the barnsley fans did.

I'm sure Phil will clear it up.

Looks like Martin is bottling it, his vision seems burrily out of focus right now.

Let's hope the senior players will wrest back control again, as they have so often when we needed them to take the common sense, pragmatic on-field decisions.

It’s good to see our old chum Andy transfer to the premier Swans forum. He’s a quality signing.

exiledclaseboy said:
It’s good to see our old chum Andy transfer to the premier Swans forum. He’s a quality signing.

You won't be saying that if we lose today clasie.

AndyCole said:
Looks like Martin is bottling it, his vision seems burrily out of focus right now.

Let's hope the senior players will wrest back control again, as they have so often when we needed them to take the common sense, pragmatic on-field decisions.

Eh? It’s the same team as normal except for Flynn in for Naughts.

Afternoon Guys,dont suppose there are any streams about. Pweeeez.👍

Fireboy said:
exiledclaseboy said:

You won't be saying that if we lose today clasie.

He’s good fun win or lose. It’s pretty predictable. Win and it’s the “senior players” (especially “Grimesy”) who get the credit for ignoring “Martine’s” tactics and going their own way. Lose and it’s all “Martine’s” fault. Once you realise what you’re going to get just amuse yourself by playing Andy Cole Bingo.

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back