• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official PNE v The Swans Match Thread | The EFL Championship | Deepdale Stadium, Preston

What will the result be against Preston?

• Preston win

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Swans win

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nocountryforoldjack said:
Yeah one who he put on the pitch today to replace Cullen.... Not a good look is it.

He looked ok in fairness. Albeit he had no real time or opportunity.

I’m still very confused on him.

At the time, it was said he cost around a million euros and I assumed he was for the first team. Then Duff says he’s a development player while other reckon he cost 2.5 million euros plus.

It makes zero sense.

Kuharevych is 22 he's not come to sit in the u21s for a year before he's ready to get minutes. Didn't have a preseason due to injury but for the money we've spent on him we'll be expecting regular sub appearances from him once he's up to full fitness, and then start pushing Yates and probably Ginnelly for their starting spots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-yekQgdj0g

Londonlisa2001 said:
I take absolutely no pleasure in finding my summer cynicism justified.

I’m just sick of the spin.

Last two years it’s been Martin, this summer it’s been Coleman and Watson.

The problem is still the one in charge. And there’s been no change there.

100% this. Never mind the money side (although obviously the lack of transparency there is another story), the bigger problem for me is the poor decision making. That was slightly ameliorated when Birch was here, but the last couple of years have been really poor.

Bluenile said:
After being informed by some on here that I was a peripheral figure, despite being a supporter of my club since 1955 (yes, 1955), because I had the audacity to suggest that Grimes was a bad influence on this club, and offered little or nothing to assist us in attacking more. Watching that absolute load of shite today, nothing, in my view, has changed. Negative, unadventurous play, even when leading we showed absolutely no wish to score a second. Yet another manager who is blind to what Grimes doesn't bring to our play.

Mate, he got Northampton relegated to league two, Patino and Yates got relegated in the championship.. it speaks volumes the type of players we're bringing in.. crumble when under pressure and leadership qualities lacking.. these are facts people want to brush under the carpet.. they need to knuckle down and stop hiding out there, stand up and be counted, I haven't seen it so far this season

Bluenile said:
After being informed by some on here that I was a peripheral figure, despite being a supporter of my club since 1955 (yes, 1955), because I had the audacity to suggest that Grimes was a bad influence on this club, and offered little or nothing to assist us in attacking more. Watching that absolute load of shite today, nothing, in my view, has changed. Negative, unadventurous play, even when leading we showed absolutely no wish to score a second. Yet another manager who is blind to what Grimes doesn't bring to our play.

I disagree about Grimes. He’s not there to score goals or drives us forward (although a bit of that at times would be good). He’s supposed to be unadventurous- doing the ugly stuff, winning back possession, keeping us ticking over linking defense to our attack. Trouble is in this side there’s a big hole infront of him and the supposed wingbacks aren’t giving him many diagonal forward options.

Grimes is a player who needs better players around him to make his job easier. Without that he looks hesitant, but he’s a plenty good enough Championship player. He’s not the problem, but he’s also not going to drag us up by our bootlaces on his own.

I bet you need therapy after watching us since 55!! It’s been a bit of a ride.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
I disagree about Grimes. He’s not there to score goals or drives us forward (although a bit of that at times would be good). He’s supposed to be unadventurous- doing the ugly stuff, winning back possession, keeping us ticking over linking defense to our attack. Trouble is in this side there’s a big hole infront of him and the supposed wingbacks aren’t giving him many diagonal forward options.

Grimes is a player who needs better players around him to make his job easier. Without that he looks hesitant, but he’s a plenty good enough Championship player. He’s not the problem, but he’s also not going to drag us up by our bootlaces on his own.

I bet you need therapy after watching us since 55!! It’s been a bit of a ride.

Where was he when Holmes stroked it home from 12 yards giving him a simple penalty tap in.. it's probably Fulton's fault, that's the usual MO from the Grimes is a footballing god and the best midfielder in the championship horse sh*te

xTPtenm.jpg

At the time we were 5-2-2-1, but Grimes and Fulton played like we were still a flat 3 in midfield and got dragged across, with Cooper not dropping in to cover in behind and neither Cabango nor Wood stepping out to deal with the runners from midfield as they were busy double teaming one striker. You can make a good case for 6 players being at fault, Josh Key tries his best but there's not much he can do to get across.

Fulton going out to the touchline is the pebble that starts the avalanche.

I thought we were actually alright today for large spells. The first 60 mins were definitely the best under Duff so far. There was some evidence of us moving the ball quicker through the thirds, which is what he keeps banging on about. First time I've seen anything like approaching some sort of pattern or plan.

What let us down was what usually lets us down - absolutely rank, pathetic individual mistakes. This time from Darling (no surprise) for the first goal and Fulton/Ashby for the second goal.

A word about Yates. £2m and he can't hold up the ball for love nor money, he's been hopeless in all the games but he was particularly bad today, the Preston centre back mauled him. Sorry, I don't care if he gets us a few tap ins, he ain't good enough. If he ends up as our first choice #9 to replace Piroe, we're buggered.

Green shoots, but plenty of work to do.

Andrew - North Hill said:
I thought we were actually alright today for large spells. The first 60 mins were definitely the best under Duff so far. There was some evidence of us moving the ball quicker through the thirds, which is what he keeps banging on about. First time I've seen anything like approaching some sort of pattern or plan.

What let us down was what usually lets us down - absolutely rank, pathetic individual mistakes. This time from Darling (no surprise) for the first goal and Fulton/Ashby for the second goal.

A word about Yates. £2m and he can't hold up the ball for love nor money, he's been hopeless in all the games but he was particularly bad today, the Preston centre back mauled him. Sorry, I don't care if he gets us a few tap ins, he ain't good enough. If he ends up as our first choice #9 to replace Piroe, we're buggered.

Green shoots, but plenty of work to do.

My thoughts exactly. But I would also add some rank poor passing at times. Cabango "doing a Sanches", Grimes and Fulton seemed particularly bad (don't know if their stats back that up), even Patino was sloppy sometimes.

mrploppy said:
My thoughts exactly. But I would also add some rank poor passing at times. Cabango "doing a Sanches", Grimes and Fulton seemed particularly bad (don't know if their stats back that up), even Patino was sloppy sometimes.

I can accept more passing mistakes because Duff wants them to play with more risk i.e. playing the ball forwards more. I'm alright to cut them a bit of slack if they do it like today (trying to work one twos, slide rule passes between defenders etc) instead of the aimless punts into the channel we saw too much of in the previous games.

If only we could just sack off all our CBs and start afresh....

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back