• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official PNE v The Swans Match Thread | The EFL Championship | Deepdale Stadium, Preston

What will the result be against Preston?

• Preston win

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Swans win

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nocountryforoldjack said:
Fair play Lisa the transfer window is looking more and more gash by the game.... Every pre season I get fooled 😮‍💨🙄😱

I take absolutely no pleasure in finding my summer cynicism justified.

I’m just sick of the spin.

Last two years it’s been Martin, this summer it’s been Coleman and Watson.

The problem is still the one in charge. And there’s been no change there.

Londonlisa2001 said:
I’m sniggering at the ridiculous comments that have been made all summer about how we have all this money, new decision making, don’t need to sell our best players etc.

It’s farcical.

We had already only spent what we’d brought in without selling Piroe and probably Wood.

We are in a sorry state. Decisions that should have been made ages ago about our finances are now having a real impact.

We need, as a minimum, a new left back (God knows who this Bloke we’ve brought in is, as I’d thought he was a first team left back but it seems not from what reporters are saying), two new midfielders, a centre back (two if Wood goes) and a forward.

That’s five or six in a week.

And yet everyone has been saying what a fab window it’s been.

And thinking we have brought in the messiah of all recruitment.

Let’s hope against hope we see significant movement in the next few days, otherwise we are absolutely buggered.

I was one who thought the window was decent but the picture has suddenly become clearer.
We have certainly only spent what we brought in, I have said this myself only to be questioned and even ridiculed.

We need
A Centre half-2 if Wood goes
A left defender
A creative midfielder or possibly 2.
A striker

Seems we agree, it's clearly obvious that I think a fool would only disagree.

My only hope is that Piroe has gone a week before the window so there are no excuses.

Not making excuses here as most of this is of our own making, our starting eleven near enough picks itself, with few options.

Injury prone
Allen
Walsh

Injured and illness
Ginnelly
Ogbeta? Still not over an injury but not in our plans?

Need development
Tjoe-A-On
Kuharevich

Talk of leaving
Wood
Paterson
Then ??
Naughton – his best days have gone

Relax, we’ve got investors and don’t need to sell anyone and the club’s in great shape.

Apparently.

I say it every season but it’s true that the club has been in steady decline since it was sold to the hedge fund.

Londonlisa2001 said:
I take absolutely no pleasure in finding my summer cynicism justified.

I’m just sick of the spin.

Last two years it’s been Martin, this summer it’s been Coleman and Watson.

The problem is still the one in charge. And there’s been no change there.

The rot starts from the top

Tell you something, Duff will be harping on about new players to take the light away from today's performance and he will be right to do so.

The penny needs to drop that the last 3 managers and now Duff have made points about getting players in.
The last presser regards a left back wasn't good personally.

Londonlisa2001 said:
I’m sniggering at the ridiculous comments that have been made all summer about how we have all this money, new decision making, don’t need to sell our best players etc.

It’s farcical.

We had already only spent what we’d brought in without selling Piroe and probably Wood.

We are in a sorry state. Decisions that should have been made ages ago about our finances are now having a real impact.

We need, as a minimum, a new left back (God knows who this Bloke we’ve brought in is, as I’d thought he was a first team left back but it seems not from what reporters are saying), two new midfielders, a centre back (two if Wood goes) and a forward.

Let’s hope against hope we see significant movement in the next few days, otherwise we are absolutely buggered.

Do you mean the lad from Holland? I‘d have liked to have seen him today. Key could have switched to the right. He’s very good on the left - would love to see him in his natural position.

For those who haven't seen it

https://www.skysports.com/football/preston-north-end-vs-swansea-city/report/484745

J_B said:
Relax, we’ve got investors and don’t need to sell anyone and the club’s in great shape.

Apparently.

I say it every season but it’s true that the club has been in steady decline since it was sold to the hedge fund.

It's like treading water after a while it gets to much and you start to sink, that's the swans.

J_B said:

Apparently.

Being fair, we needed to sell Piroe but the proof in the pudding is what they do with the money reserved especially after they said that they didn't need to sell.

Millions in the bank with quite a bit off the wages with a full week to do something.......5/6 needed.

Crack on lads.

And I've said this before but its never a popular opinion but we should never ever have re-signed Joe Allen

Our squad's not that bad. Preston's squad is nothing special either (their left wing back is 17 and made his senior debut three weeks ago) and look at the start they've made. A manager who uses his tools properly goes a long way in the Championship.

Our defensive record at the end of last season after changing to a back four was superb. But we've gone back to the 5 and the same defenders who looked poor doing that for Martin are struggling with it now. "Just sign better players" didn't work for Martin either. We've brought in 8 and now people expect 5 or 6 more to be competitive? That's a sign of a struggling team not a lack of spending.

All I am reading on various social media outlets is we should go to a back 4.
That is clear and obvious and Tuesday is the ideal time to do that in a free roll of a dice game.

Londonlisa2001 said:

It’s farcical.

That’s not going to happen, mate, is it? I’d be surprised if we get more than two. Hell, I’ll be surprised if we’re not scrabbling around on the last day and end up with any old dregs or nothing. What do you think Lis?

PSumbler said:
And I've said this before but its never a popular opinion but we should never ever have re-signed Joe Allen

I said it at the time and got laughed at and I put up a thread today saying the same, he's a shadow of his former self.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back