• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official PNE v The Swans Match Thread | The EFL Championship | Deepdale Stadium, Preston

What will the result be against Preston?

• Preston win

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Swans win

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
jasper_T said:
Our squad's not that bad. Preston's squad is nothing special either (their left wing back is 17 and made his senior debut three weeks ago) and look at the start they've made. A manager who uses his tools properly goes a long way in the Championship.

Our defensive record at the end of last season after changing to a back four was superb. But we've gone back to the 5 and the same defenders who looked poor doing that for Martin are struggling with it now. "Just sign better players" didn't work for Martin either. We've brought in 8 and now people expect 5 or 6 more to be competitive? That's a sign of a struggling team not a lack of spending.

Martyn didn't bring in better players though, he brought in worse players that are still fucking up now.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
I said it at the time and got laughed at and I put up a thread today saying the same, he's a shadow of his former self.

Apologies I totally missed that!

monmouth said:
That’s not going to happen, mate, is it? I’d be surprised if we get more than two. Hell, I’ll be surprised if we’re not scrabbling around on the last day and end up with any old dregs or nothing. What do you think Lis?

What other ex player has been can we resign on the last day?

Longlostjack said:
Do you mean the lad from Holland? I‘d have liked to have seen him today. Key could have switched to the right. He’s very good on the left - would love to see him in his natural position.

Yes. And agree about moving Key over (the highlight of the season so far for me) and dropping Ashby (who so far has been a disappointment).

Key’s problem was highlighted late in today when he was so hesitant to drive to the byline as he doesn’t trust his left foot.

magicdaps10 said:
Tell you something, Duff will be harping on about new players to take the light away from today's performance and he will be right to do so.

The penny needs to drop that the last 3 managers and now Duff have made points about getting players in.
The last presser regards a left back wasn't good personally.
He’s brought in 8 players?

I'm for four a back four, but when you look at how many we had defending for both of their goals, it's criminal that not one seemed to want to put their body on the line.

The attitude of so many players need questioning.

What’s Baker-Richardson up to these days?

monmouth said:
That’s not going to happen, mate, is it? I’d be surprised if we get more than two. Hell, I’ll be surprised if we’re not scrabbling around on the last day and end up with any old dregs or nothing. What do you think Lis?

Can’t see it either.

I think we will bring in a centre half (I think Wood will go) and possibly a left sided back who could do centre back or full back.

Midfield I’m not convinced - I think we may bring in a loan. Upfront the same.

So two permanent and maybe a loan or two (how many loans are allowed - anyone know?)

Londonlisa2001 said:
Not first team players.

Some are development players according to Duff.

Yeah one who he put on the pitch today to replace Cullen.... Not a good look is it.

We need a left back. Step forward Federico Bessone.

God, remember that deadline day…

After being informed by some on here that I was a peripheral figure, despite being a supporter of my club since 1955 (yes, 1955), because I had the audacity to suggest that Grimes was a bad influence on this club, and offered little or nothing to assist us in attacking more. Watching that absolute load of shite today, nothing, in my view, has changed. Negative, unadventurous play, even when leading we showed absolutely no wish to score a second. Yet another manager who is blind to what Grimes doesn't bring to our play.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back