• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 24/25 | The Official Match Thread | WBA v Swansea City | The EFL Championship

They didn't want someone that they could manipulate. They reacted to the supporters disquiet with Duff and decided to appease them by appointing someone close to Martin, who for bizarre reasons was still held in high regard by a vocal minority.

In reality they should have gone for someone somewhere between the two instead of appointing Russy 2.0, which unfortunately at the moment they appear to have done.

Still time for him to turn it around, but so far he's stuck close to his mentors playbook. Tedious, possession obsessed football, playing people out of position, firing blame in all directions but at himself. He needs to buck himself up.
A level headed response in fairness, and on the money 🫶

A level headed response in fairness, and on the money 🫶

I really want him to do well. Changing managers is expensive and disruptive, and I'd much prefer to not have to do it. Far better if they're successful.

Sadly he's not exactly covering himself in glory at the moment. Too many obvious mistakes, too many decisions that make zero sense. Too many basic failings in team setup, organisation and motivation.

The subs in the last two games have killed it. Who would think having a team on the pitch that has scored single figures last season was a good idea against a well drilled WBA team slightly under the cosh?

Yes, Vip isn't looking great but it's better than having 6 goal Ollie f*cking Cooper up front on his own against 7 foot beasts.

What manager makes changes when you're on top?

What manager makes subs that makes the team worse?

I really hope he turns this around but his demeanour at full time, press conference this week and the distance between him and the squad only paints a bleak picture. He's more likely to walk than be sacked if things didn't improve, too.

Just to throw a comparison to the start from last season where we were considerably worse in play and points.

We took 3 points from our first 7 games and got our first win on game 8.

We haven't been great but there are glimpses and surprisingly only conceded 3 goals in 4 league games.
Think back to the start of last season, we had absolutely no sign on how we were aiming to play and i was far more worried than I now.

Grimes will play but we need to stick with Franco alongside him.
Ronald needs to play on the right, Eom on the left.......hopefully Ginnelly gets back ASAP and brings a bit more competition aswell as Parker.

Maybe a formation change of 3-4-2-1

Vigs

Darling
Cabango
Grimes-i know! He's practically playing there already

Key-Franco-Allen-Tymon

Ronald-Eom

Cullen
I was thinking along similar lines today. I don’t think Tymon and Key are WB material but we might be better off with Ronald and Eom as inside forwards rather than as wingers. And I’d play Naughton, Pedersen and Darling as the three CBs. Which would mean dropping Grimes and Cabango which Williams almost certainly won’t do.
The other problem is that this leaves no room for P-H or Bianchini. Intriguing though.

I really want to like Williams but.....

We got rid of Martin (correctly imo), changed direction & appointed Duff.

Clearly didn't work!!

Appointed Martin's assistant.

Now, we try to play like Martin's team. We try to contain in the first half which we clearly are not good enough to do, go a goal down, then change our style & end up playing well for a few moments feeling like we could have got something from the game.

Or

Play half tidy for an arf, get a goal, then try to play like a Martin team, try to retain possession, unsuccessfully (pass the ball backwards a lot) concede or ang on.

Talk about the Swansea way. Surely this had nought to do with aimless possession & passing for passing sake between the CB's. And a lot more to do with fast dynamic wingers who we could get the ball to as quickly as possible!!

Indeed, a huge difference to the times when we were all on the same wavelength supporting an upwards, progressive, mobile team who played exciting football.
Ahhh lovely 😍

Time for old skool Swans to speak up though 👍

Feel free to put your Carling Cup final video on repeat and leave the rest of us to call out what's going on in the "hear and now" 😀

Saw our chairman leave the away end yesterday. Can only assume he saw the whole game from there.

Saw our chairman leave the away end yesterday. Can only assume he saw the whole game from there.
Ah the Trevor Birch tactic. "get in amongst the people" and they'll be on your side

Buy them a beer on club expenses too...

Another thought from yesterday.

During the warm up Margetson was giving Vigouroux a hard time and didn't seem happy with him. Even when there was an injury and the players were taking drinks he was still having a go.

Not a good sign when you have to train a keeper during a warm up and game

Maybe I should have spotted him before the game then😀

He's probably have told you he'd forgotten his wallet but not to panic as he would review the mistakes and ensure that next time he was better prepared

Before turning up in three months at the last minute with a loaned bottle of sparkling water

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back