• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 24/25 | The Official Match Thread | WBA v Swansea City | The EFL Championship

Williams is a dead man walking, even before the "traditional 10 game benchmark" ...
#Bookmark
I'm starting to lean towards that trail of thought.

Sincerely hope he turns things around and they start playing some decent football.

The attendance against Norwich is going to be interesting.

I'm starting to lean towards that trail of thought.

Sincerely hope he turns things around and they start playing some decent football.

The attendance against Norwich is going to be interesting.
Body language is everything, he's not coming out punching after Wycombe and today, the total opposite.
Matter of time matey 👍

Body language is everything, he's not coming out punching after Wycombe and today, the total opposite.
Matter of time matey 👍
Cardiff game he didn't appear to offer much. I was sat just behind the dug out in the West and he was quiet right throughout the game.

Cardiff game he didn't appear to offer much. I was sat just behind the dug out in the West and he was quiet right throughout the game.
Out of his depth, not his fault, the hedge fund wanted someone who they could manipulate, they had Williams number already from time served previously, easy option for them, and an easy decision for Luke to make.
Was never going to work out in reality

Meanwhile, Coleman and Watson will plough on regardless onto the next fall guy.
#thenextlevel

I’d hate yet another change in manager in principle, especially as they are likely to pick yet another dud. Got to stick with him if we can even though he gets right on my tits and I think he’s just another bullshit merchant, grifter and chancer. Just hoping that he actually learns something from all this, mainly change his ideas, as they are crap and don’t work. He needs to admit it to himself and do something drastic to show he gets it, like drop Grimes for a while to develop something different. I want him to succeed, we need him to succeed, but I don’t think for a second he will, as he’s a dud.

Last edited:
His track record at Notts County gives me hope. What chips away at that hope are his team selections and lack of progress in our playing style since he took the hot seat from Duff.

The bizarre thing is.. Notts County scored a shedful of goals when he was there constantly scoring 4 or 5 a game albeit in the lower leagues.

Grimes needs to man up and mix it in midfield...the reason he's never injured is partly because he hides in the back four.

The bizarre thing is.. Notts County scored a shedful of goals when he was there constantly scoring 4 or 5 a game albeit in the lower leagues.

Grimes needs to man up and mix it in midfield...the reason he's never injured is partly because he hides in the back four.
That's what makes me think there is a decent manager in there, somewhere.

Centre midfield , pushing balls forward, anything back fine him.lol

The only tiny, miniscule crumb of comfort I'm taking from today is that Peart Harris looked quite good when he came on. Strong, positive and not easily brushed off the ball like all our other lightweights, who never seem to win a 50/50 tackle.
This will probably mean he is relegated to the bench for the rest of the season, making the odd five minute apoearance here and there.

the hedge fund wanted someone who they could manipulate

They didn't want someone that they could manipulate. They reacted to the supporters disquiet with Duff and decided to appease them by appointing someone close to Martin, who for bizarre reasons was still held in high regard by a vocal minority.

In reality they should have gone for someone somewhere between the two instead of appointing Russy 2.0, which unfortunately at the moment they appear to have done.

Still time for him to turn it around, but so far he's stuck close to his mentors playbook. Tedious, possession obsessed football, playing people out of position, firing blame in all directions but at himself. He needs to buck himself up.

Centre midfielders receiving the ball, turning and facing the opposition goals and then looking to pass the ball forward.
Full backs pushing hard when space in front of them rather than walking with the ball or releasing it quickly to the wingers and then looking to support or overlap the winger.

The above was happening when we decided to be proactive in the 2nd half.

Have to add, looks like the club knew Cullen wasn't going to play after he went down injured on Wednesday.......why did they
A. KEEP JOSH THOMAS
B. GET STRIKING COVER IN

We are one injury away from going months with only 1 striker.

Clubs a fooking mess, run by yanky doodle dandy(Coleman) and frigging Andy Pandy(Watson) on recruitment.

It's like a Jay Cartwright copybook on how to run a football club.

Just to throw a comparison to the start from last season where we were considerably worse in play and points.

We took 3 points from our first 7 games and got our first win on game 8.

We haven't been great but there are glimpses and surprisingly only conceded 3 goals in 4 league games.
Think back to the start of last season, we had absolutely no sign on how we were aiming to play and i was far more worried than I now.

Grimes will play but we need to stick with Franco alongside him.
Ronald needs to play on the right, Eom on the left.......hopefully Ginnelly gets back ASAP and brings a bit more competition aswell as Parker.

Maybe a formation change of 3-4-2-1

Vigs

Darling
Cabango
Grimes-i know! He's practically playing there already

Key-Franco-Allen-Tymon

Ronald-Eom

Cullen

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online