• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Summer 2024 Transfer Rumours

So this is our squad

GK: Vigouroux, McLoughlin
RB: Key, Naughton
CB: Darling, Abbey
CB: Cabango, Pedersen
LB: Tymon, Tjoe-A-On
CM: Grimes, Fulton
CM: Franco, Allen
RW: Bianchini, Parker, Ginnelly
AM: Eom, Peart-Harris, Cooper
LW: Ronald, Govea
ST: Vipotnik, Cullen

Hmm. Have I missed anyone? The back-ups look shite largely and not really anyone to change the game off the bench.
I don't agree that the back-ups are largely poor. Don't know McLoughlin but it's unlikely he'll be needed. Naughton is one of our best players and can also cover CB. Abbey is a class player thrown in at the deep end midweek without time to learn anyone else's names let alone how they play. Pedersen is decent and can cover LB. Fulton still what it takes, just please God never play him alongside Grimes ever again. Allen I do worry about - not just his ability to last 90 minutes, but his impact on games seems to be reducing. If Ginnelly can stay fit then he could be our starter at RW. We must assume P-H is as good as his reputation (until proven otherwise). LW looks weak and ST I'll give you too. I'd probably put those players the other way round in terms of who starts.

We won’t get relegated, we won’t tear up the league, we will finish mid table. That’s fine as long as some of our players show real promise to either crack on next season OR sell for a large chunk to re-invest wisely. Have to give it time now to actually assess where/how good the new recipients are before anyone goes calling for anyone’s heads

I'm not sure it's the players, the players we have, we've seen glimpses of class (Ronald etc) or have done well previously (Vipotnik etc). The players on paper are top half championship standard. If employed correctly.

But the system we employ I feel you need players that are so much better than the opponents man for man. It's so rigid, turgid and predictable going forward. We won't score enough goals unless we play rock bottom crisis clubs who gift us needless penalties.

This has to change or we will be in trouble because there's always a mistake in our defence too.

I'm not sure it's the players, the players we have, we've seen glimpses of class (Ronald etc) or have done well previously (Vipotnik etc). The players on paper are top half championship standard. If employed correctly.

But the system we employ I feel you need players that are so much better than the opponents man for man. It's so rigid, turgid and predictable going forward. We won't score enough goals unless we play rock bottom crisis clubs who gift us needless penalties.

This has to change or we will be in trouble because there's always a mistake in our defence too.
On paper we have a decent starting eleven, If they aren't performing the question of why sits with the manager.

Our starting XI is okay. My issue is that when I stand it next to the starting XI of every other team, I'd prefer to have the oppositions. I think a lot of Jacks have rose tinted glasses if they think this is easily a top half finish team.

Milleskog with another goal yesterday, he literally asked for us to sign him and we didn’t get it done.

Milleskog with another goal yesterday, he literally asked for us to sign him and we didn’t get it done.
We literally have no one to change the game off the bench. One injury to Cullen and bar the youth (and Ginnelly who is still a while off) that was all we have.

Talk about bare.

We literally have no one to change the game off the bench. One injury to Cullen and bar the youth (and Ginnelly who is still a while off) that was all we have.

Talk about bare.
Oli Cooper going upfront summed it up massively, looked desperate.

Oli Cooper going upfront summed it up massively, looked desperate.
From having Piroe ,Obafemi and Ntcham on our books at the same time to now having Cullen, Vipotnik and Cooper, oh dear what a backward spiral we are on.

I would say it was likely he was out of our league with the transfer fee.
Clearly Bianchini was well down the pecking order on the list.

Talk about bare.
One injury from having only 1 striker is a massive worry and god only knows when Ginnelly is back.

There are still alot of free agents out there and decent ones. Striking options are thin and a quick glance shows Andre Grey as available, 33yrs of age and a decent scoring record that would bring experience alongside Cullen and Vipotnik.

It's quite concerning that all this planning as left us so short with absolutely zero options from the bench to change the game, Bianchini needs to get up to speed and then we are hoping he is up to it.....Ginnelly when he comes back is going to be a number of weeks to get back up to speed.

I would say it was likely he was out of our league with the transfer fee.
Clearly Bianchini was well down the pecking order on the list.
Do you think? He cost us 2M plus which is a big outlay considering Milleskog is valued at 1M.

One injury from having only 1 striker is a massive worry and god only knows when Ginnelly is back.

There are still alot of free agents out there and decent ones. Striking options are thin and a quick glance shows Andre Grey as available, 33yrs of age and a decent scoring record that would bring experience alongside Cullen and Vipotnik.

It's quite concerning that all this planning as left us so short with absolutely zero options from the bench to change the game, Bianchini needs to get up to speed and then we are hoping he is up to it.....Ginnelly when he comes back is going to be a number of weeks to get back up to speed.
Well initially we were short of pace and wide players, so we went out and bought 10 of them. I'm not holding out any hope with Ginnelly, been injury prone for a while.

Do you think? He cost us 2M plus which is a big outlay considering Milleskog is valued at 1M.
Personally I do.
Can't see why we would go for Bianchini over Milleskog when Milleskog clearly has a better record with goals and assists in arguably atleast a similar level.

Just read and sorry if already posted, it's been said that club have spent 15M between last summer to now!

Now I believe that is probably higher than the actual truth but certainly not far off the mark.

That is frightening and clearly points to the fact that Watson is out of his depth?

Given the club didn't rubber stamp moves for O'Riley and Ogbene then it really does scare the shiit out of me.

Just read and sorry if already posted, it's been said that club have spent 15M between last summer to now!

Now I believe that is probably higher than the actual truth but certainly not far off the mark.

That is frightening and clearly points to the fact that Watson is out of his depth?

Given the club didn't rubber stamp moves for O'Riley and Ogbene then it really does scare the shiit out of me.
On paper we've signed some decent players since January.

I'd suggest its Williams who is out of his depth rather than Watson.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back