• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Summer 2024 Transfer Rumours

I know I recently stated I'm not worried about our transfer dealings at this time, but if we're looking to just bring in loans to be our strikers this season, then I might start moving my finger towards the panic button.

We HAVE to sign at least one striker of our own. We can pad out with loans later in the window if needed for strength in depth.
Issue is, they have loaned out 2 so in their heads if they sign one permanent then they will have 3 come next summer with wages to pay.

They need to look at the bigger picture given players will be out of contract and likely to leave in 12 months to subsidise a permanent signing this summer.

Issue is, they have loaned out 2 so in their heads if they sign one permanent then they will have 3 come next summer with wages to pay.

They need to look at the bigger picture given players will be out of contract and likely to leave in 12 months to subsidise a permanent signing this summer.
Darlings contract is up next summer I believe, thought he’d have been given a new one by now.

Potentially that is the case. But without ever giving him a chance, we will never know.

The only thing we know for fact is he scored 1 goal in a combined 135 minutes.
And that 1 goal per 135 mins made him our most clinical striker last season, believe it or not.

Total = goals per 90 mins:
PlayerCMKGAppsMinsTotalSixYardBoxPenaltyAreaOutOfBoxRating
Mykola Kukharevych
23, FW
19381101360.7-0.7-6.20
Josh Ginnelly
27, AM(R),FW
1736561920.50.5--6.36
Jamal Lowe
30, AM(CLR),FW
183793522590.40.10.2-6.66
Liam Walsh
26, M(C)
1680205520.3-0.20.26.30
Jerry Yates
27, AM(LR),FW
175684322880.30.20.1-6.34
Joe Allen
34, M(C)
17062196380.30.10.1-6.40
Liam Cullen
25, AM(CLR),FW
178634523860.3-0.20.16.46
Charlie Patino
20, M(C)
003312520.2-0.10.16.49
Jamie Paterson
32, AM(CLR),FW
175664432430.2-0.10.16.77
Ronald
23, AM(CLR)

Darlings contract is up next summer I believe, thought he’d have been given a new one by now.
Darling should have been offered a new contract last season, the way the club is being run is really worrying.
13 players out & 3 in (none of whom have Championship experience).
Players brought in now won't have taken part in any of the pre season training.
No idea what's going on with Mykolo but if he wasn't going to be part of this seasons plans he should have been moved on a while ago.
Yates loaned out 4 weeks ago & no replacement.
Shambolic.

Recent loans have been awful.

Humphries & Patino both came in with quite good reputations and they turned out to be bang average. We really need to be researching our loans much better.
I reckon, if Lissah was still at Chelsea, we’d end up bringing him on loan.
We’ve got to trust in him as he’s ours and a real prospect.

I find it hard to believe we didn’t get Langstaff due to his wage demands.

If we wanted him, we’d have had him.

I’m certain things will look alot different within 7 days but can understand the worry.

Darling should have been offered a new contract last season, the way the club is being run is really worrying.
13 players out & 3 in (none of whom have Championship experience).
Players brought in now won't have taken part in any of the pre season training.
No idea what's going on with Mykolo but if he wasn't going to be part of this seasons plans he should have been moved on a while ago.
Yates loaned out 4 weeks ago & no replacement.
Shambolic.
Crap isn’t it. Relegation seems only a matter of time. But then stupidly I always look forward to the season and wonder if this could be the one when we turn things around. I’ll go of course, but expect it’ll be a painful slog this year. The sooner we get a new decent owner(s), the better.

Why are you so certain we wanted Langstaff? Ruled out early i believe.

"His salary will be in excess of fifty thousand pounds a month, plus the fee will run to at least one and a half million pounds. If as suggested that Macaulay Langstaff became an issue due to his own salary requests, then Kaba will present the same problems to Swansea City."

Just going off what I read here

No way we couldn’t afford a L2 strikers salary demands, and I’m certain if we wanted him he’d have jumped at the chance to work with Luke Williams again over Neil Harris.

Crap isn’t it. Relegation seems only a matter of time. But then stupidly I always look forward to the season and wonder if this could be the one when we turn things around. I’ll go of course, but expect it’ll be a painful slog this year. The sooner we get a new decent owner(s), the better.
I'll be there, I renewed my season again, I'd really like to be optimistic about the coming season but yeah it's just crap.

No way we couldn’t afford a L2 strikers salary demands, and I’m certain if we wanted him he’d have jumped at the chance to work with Luke Williams again over Neil Harris.
Agreed. The age and lack of sell on ability was probably the determining factor.

Same applies to Kaba who's older and more expensive.

I'll be there, I renewed my season again, I'd really like to be optimistic about the coming season but yeah it's just crap.
My best mate has had enough and isn’t renewing, making me the last of around 20 of my mates with a season ticket.
On the plus side, my nephew is taking his seat.
I think we’ve got a great young coach, 2 really interesting signings in Eom and Franco and some promising youngsters.
We’ll be alright but I envisage another season of “If we just had this and that, we’d be pushing top 6”

Let's not forget, keeping the numbers.

13 out
3 in.
Lissah, Parker, Govea and Abdulai are four who will be playing a lot more than some of the players you mentioned on that 13 who played last year.

You kicked off when the financials were announced saying it’s unsustainable, what exactly do you want? We’ll get the bodies in needed with the budget we have. The quality will be down to Watson and Luke Williams.

Lissah, Parker, Govea and Abdulai are four who will be playing a lot more than some of the players you mentioned on that 13 who played last year.

You kicked off when the financials were announced saying it’s unsustainable, what exactly do you want? We’ll get the bodies in needed with the budget we have. The quality will be down to Watson and Luke Williams.
People complained when we signed a load of rubbish last summer and they're now complaining because we're not wasting money on rubbish.

Just have to wait until the end of August to see how much we have strengthened or if LW has been thrown under the bus.

We know neither at the moment for sure.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back