• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Summer 2024 Transfer Rumours

People complained when we signed a load of rubbish last summer and they're now complaining because we're not wasting money on rubbish.
People want best of both worlds. I’m concerned there’s no striker movement yet but surely there’s work going on

People want best of both worlds. I’m concerned there’s no striker movement yet but surely there’s work going on
I'd be very surprised if we're not actively looking for a striker with a few targets in mind.

Plenty of time left in the window before the panic needs to setting in.

The owners reputation as being completely hopeless doesn't help the cause and I can understand the worry.

I'd be very surprised if we're not actively looking for a striker with a few targets in mind.

Plenty of time left in the window before the panic needs to setting in.

The owners reputation as being completely hopeless doesn't help the cause and I can understand the worry.
The one redeeming factor for the owners right now is that after a pretty disastrous summer window last year (with the benefit of hindsight) the players brought in during January and so far this summer do seem to be of a higher calibre.

Placheta I am on the fence about but he had pace and a willingness to attack even if he couldn't finish his dinner
Ronald has pace, graft, trickery and with time to jelly with the squad hopefully better understanding and end product
Eom so far in pre season has carried the ball well, tidy in possession and wins his fair share of free kicks
Franco has looked creative, full of energy and scored a good goal on tour in Austria
Vigouroux has similarly looked good, closed the floodgates left open by Fisher in an impressive debut vs Koln

So currently our bench will look like Fisher, Lissah, Naughton, Parker, Fulton, Allen, Govea, Cooper, Thomas.

Lissah, Parker, Govea and Abdulai are four who will be playing a lot more than some of the players you mentioned on that 13 who played last year.

You kicked off when the financials were announced saying it’s unsustainable, what exactly do you want? We’ll get the bodies in needed with the budget we have. The quality will be down to Watson and Luke Williams.
I don't want the owners to throw loads of money at the squad & risk the future of the club.
What I do want is to see them spend the money we have got wisely & that they clearly haven't done.

People complained when we signed a load of rubbish last summer and they're now complaining because we're not wasting money on rubbish.
We're complaining because we're losing players & not signing replacements. Funnily enough if they were doing the job properly the signings wouldn't be rubbish

We're complaining because we're losing players & not signing replacements. Funnily enough if they were doing the job properly the signings wouldn't be rubbish
The players we've lost are hardly worth complaining about and won't be missed.

So what do you think of the squad we currently have?
Our outfield players are stronger than what we finished the season with. The jury is out on the goal keeper and that is because I've not seen him in action yet.

Our outfield players are stronger than what we finished the season with. The jury is out on the goal keeper and that is because I've not seen him in action yet.
Stronger, really?
We haven't seen the 2 outfield signings other than in a couple of pre season friendlies & they have no Championship experience. Might be quality but the jury is out on them as well.
Where are the goals going to come from that were scored by Yates, Pato & Lowe? I don't think any of them were particularly good but those goals need replacing & we haven't.
Of the players we do have available it looks like Ginelly is injured again & Allen & Naughton will be bit part players.
If either Cabango or Darling is injured who replaces them?

Stronger, really?
We haven't seen the 2 outfield signings other than in a couple of pre season friendlies & they have no Championship experience. Might be quality but the jury is out on them as well.
Where are the goals going to come from that were scored by Yates, Pato & Lowe? I don't think any of them were particularly good but those goals need replacing & we haven't.
Of the players we do have available it looks like Ginelly is injured again & Allen & Naughton will be bit part players.
If either Cabango or Darling is injured who replaces them?
Relying on Paterson, Yates and Lowe to score goals over a 46 game season saw us dragged in to a relegation battle last season.

The likes of Ronald, Franco and Eom will and have improved the squad massively.

With 5 weeks of the window left, now isn't the time for people to get all hysterical about something that hasn't happened.

Relying on Paterson, Yates and Lowe to score goals over a 46 game season saw us dragged in to a relegation battle last season.

The likes of Ronald, Franco and Eom will and have improved the squad massively.

With 5 weeks of the window left, now isn't the time for people to get all hysterical about something that hasn't happened.
Who's getting hysterical?
I said we're complaining because we haven't signed replacements for those we've let go which seems a perfectly reasonable viewpoint to me.
We have no goals in the squad so I assume you agree with me that we need to bring players in for that purpose?
We let Yates go 4 weeks ago without replacing him & have gone through pre season with Mykolo yet don't see him as a viable option for the coming season.
Not sure why you're mentioning Ronald when he was with us last year.
Eom could be an upgrade but he'll have to deal with the physicality of the Championship & that's not guaranteed.
The likes of Cullen & Cooper are no better than squad players to cover injuries.
We need at least 4 first team ready squad players (not inexperienced loan players who are hardly seen & offer nothing).

Who's getting hysterical?
I said we're complaining because we haven't signed replacements for those we've let go which seems a perfectly reasonable viewpoint to me.
We have no goals in the squad so I assume you agree with me that we need to bring players in for that purpose?
We let Yates go 4 weeks ago without replacing him & have gone through pre season with Mykolo yet don't see him as a viable option for the coming season.
Not sure why you're mentioning Ronald when he was with us last year.
Eom could be an upgrade but he'll have to deal with the physicality of the Championship & that's not guaranteed.
The likes of Cullen & Cooper are no better than squad players to cover injuries.
We need at least 4 first team ready squad players (not inexperienced loan players who are hardly seen & offer nothing).
Sorry, my hysterical comment was aimed at yourself, apologies if it seemed that way.

Ginnely, Parker and Govea will be like brand new signings for us.

Mentioned Ronald as he joined in January. It will be interesting to see what he brings to the team with a full pre season and Key playing behind him week in week.

In my humble opinion, ruling our injuries, I'd like a couple of strikers and one possibly two central defenders.

Sorry, my hysterical comment was aimed at yourself, apologies if it seemed that way.

Ginnely, Parker and Govea will be like brand new signings for us.

Mentioned Ronald as he joined in January. It will be interesting to see what he brings to the team with a full pre season and Key playing behind him week in week.

In my humble opinion, ruling our injuries, I'd like a couple of strikers and one possibly two central defenders.
Ok, fair enough.
Unfortunately Ginelly is 1 of the concerns if the injury stories are accurate & while I like what I've seen of Parker again he missed a chunk of games last season due to injury.
Hopefully Ronald is fit because we didn't see much of him in the last 2 friendlies.
I don't want a whole raft of panic signings but we're leaving it very late.
I agree on 2 strikers & a centre half plus I'd like to see a goal scoring midfielder.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back