• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Summer 2024 Transfer Rumours

Do we think the club/Williams are happy to use the likes of Govea,Parker,Azeem,Lissah,Pederson & Nathan TJoe this season? Looking that way.

I don't have an issue with that. The concern has always been the spine of the team though. Is Ped and Lissah good enough CB's? Govea and Parker are good back ups. Abdulai should be fast tracked now into that CM and not out wide either.

Managers getting to look at players every day in training results in Yates, Fulton etc. getting consistent minutes despite disappointing on match days week after week. Fans don't care if players are well-behaved and enthusiastic behind the scenes and on the winning side in drills, why would we when the game is what matters?
Selecting the best from a bad bunch who are going to perform better than those left out.

Just as well it isn't the fans who pick the side for a match day.

From what I have heard from several people, Mykola kicks off on a reasonably frequent basis which is possibly why he hasnt been given a chance.

There's always two sides to a story (well, in the world of football rumours there are generally about seven, finding the two correct ones is a challenge)
Sometimes though its the hard to manage and fiery characters that you need in a squad. The likes of Roy Keane or Diego Costa were never easy to handle for a manager but they brought a fire and competitiveness to the squad that would otherwise be missing and it is those who would drag up the rest when they were having an off day or retreating into their shells when being bullied by the opposition.

Obviously it depends on the nature of the "kicking off" but I don't see a player being angry at not being involved as a bad thing in and of itself.

I'd like to see a Grimes, Franco, Abdulai midfield, I think there could be some real potential there.
If I am being honest this has to be the future we are looking at.
Allen is getting on and Fulton is well.... Fulton.

Grimes provides the anchor, Abdulai has energy and gets involved all over the pitch and while I expected Franco to be more of a midfield enforcer to allow Grimes to play further forward so far its been more of the opposite with Franco showing some excellent passes and a creative spark along with his goal in pre season.

Of course as soon as we lose any of those the cupboard starts looking more than a little bare.

Sometimes though its the hard to manage and fiery characters that you need in a squad. The likes of Roy Keane or Diego Costa were never easy to handle for a manager but they brought a fire and competitiveness to the squad that would otherwise be missing and it is those who would drag up the rest when they were having an off day or retreating into their shells when being bullied by the opposition.

Obviously it depends on the nature of the "kicking off" but I don't see a player being angry at not being involved as a bad thing in and of itself.
You can’t compare world class players who are fiery to someone like Myk.

You only need one bad apple in a group to totally fuck up the rest of the team. They’ve got to be taken out of the picture.

Selecting the best from a bad bunch who are going to perform better than those left out.

Just as well it isn't the fans who pick the side for a match day.
If we never gave chances to lads who are crap in training then we wouldn't have had Dan James, and Gareth Bale would have been frozen out at Spurs. Training cultures differ all over the world and a lot of foreign megastars don't suit how things tend to be done in the UK, let alone merely decent young players out their comfort zone. Managers are all determined to instil their ideal culture, and some cause more drama than others in doing so (compare Potter to Martin, for example).

"Manager knows best, he sees them every day" is an overly simplistic way to choose to look at things. As if managers never get things badly wrong. The good managers even admit it (eventually).

Keith from the Indy has said that we're in talks over two strikers - both on loan. Looking unlikely to sign anyone on a permanent up front as we're hitting walls over wages.

Supposedly, we've implemented a new analytical system to assess potential signings, ala Brighton, but we're working on a much smaller budget and range (understandably).

Club were keen on Tommy Conway from Bristol City, but priced out on both fee and wages

Expecting to hear official news by the end of the week

If we never gave chances to lads who are crap in training then we wouldn't have had Dan James, and Gareth Bale would have been frozen out at Spurs. Training cultures differ all over the world and a lot of foreign megastars don't suit how things tend to be done in the UK, let alone merely decent young players out their comfort zone. Managers are all determined to instil their ideal culture, and some cause more drama than others in doing so (compare Potter to Martin, for example).

"Manager knows best, he sees them every day" is an overly simplistic way to choose to look at things. As if managers never get things badly wrong. The good managers even admit it (eventually).
I don't subscribe to that at all. It's a simple game made more complicated than it should be.

A player has to have a base line of talent to be considered good enough. If he can't trap a bag of cement during training why on earth should he be given game time?

Keith from the Indy has said that we're in talks over two strikers - both on loan. Looking unlikely to sign anyone on a permanent up front as we're hitting walls over wages.

Supposedly, we've implemented a new analytical system to assess potential signings, ala Brighton, but we're working on a much smaller budget and range (understandably).

Club were keen on Tommy Conway from Bristol City, but priced out on both fee and wages

I'd take what you read elsewhere with a pinch of salt.

Guessing one is that Sory Kaba?

Not true about conway.

Not true about only looking at loans.

I don’t know accurate Keith is on that site but it seems as if he reports they knew things after it’s been elsewhere.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back