• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Summer 2024 Transfer Rumours

If ginelly isn't even close to fitness, and the fact he hasn't played a full game in over a year, it'll be months before he's even physically fit, more time again for match fit, and then even if he stays fit he got to catch up with our style of play, adapting to the team around him....so I doubt he'll be making much impact this season ( I really hope I'm wrong). Also if he's only averaged 21 games a season in his career, it seems he's going to struggle to stay fit anyway.

I thought it was an achilles injury he suffered.

If ginelly isn't even close to fitness, and the fact he hasn't played a full game in over a year, it'll be months before he's even physically fit, more time again for match fit, and then even if he stays fit he got to catch up with our style of play, adapting to the team around him....so I doubt he'll be making much impact this season ( I really hope I'm wrong). Also if he's only averaged 21 games a season in his career, it seems he's going to struggle to stay fit anyway.

I thought it was an achilles injury he suffered.
He is not far off in terms of back on the grass training, rest that you suggest is spot on and he will need time to ease back in regards his injury, fitness and adapting.

Not even our owners would sell one of the only two senior centre halves left at the club the day before the season kicks off (I hope!)

Not even our owners would sell one of the only two senior centre halves left at the club the day before the season kicks off (I hope!)
Well...

Cast your mind back to the first game of the season 2018/19. Sheff Utd away first game of season. The club had 3 senior centre backs (but Amat if he was still there was on the way out).

By the next league game, Fernandez had been sold, Amat was gone (Bartley had gone earlier) leaving just 1 senior centre back by the next league game, plus a novice Joe Rodon who'd never played for us before.

Could Lissah be the new Rodon?

But I do hope the ownership have learnt lessons.

Probably is rubbish but the fact that both Cabango and Darling have only 12 months left on their contract, can't rule out anything.
It really throws up the question, with both our senior centre halves in the last year of their contract, can we afford to bring in a centre half on loan?
And the contract situations need addressing.

Probably is rubbish but the fact that both Cabango and Darling have only 12 months left on their contract, can't rule out anything.
It really throws up the question, with both our senior centre halves in the last year of their contract, can we afford to bring in a centre half on loan?
And the contract situations need addressing.
And Williams comments yesterday about never say never with your better players leaving, could be something in this.

And Williams comments yesterday about never say never with your better players leaving, could be something in this.
I don't read too much into that.
There are very few clubs these days who can say "not for sale at any price"

If someone came in and offered say 10m for Cabango (they wouldn't unless they are out of their minds) the club would obviously sell and (hopefully) use that money to get in two or three or even four replacements.

Both Darling & Cabango in the last years of their deals if they ain’t showing any indication of renewing then quite possible they are up for sale.

Why do we constantly seem to have a host of first team players in the last year of their contract? It always used to be typical that if a player had two years remaining, he either had to sign a new deal or be sold that summer. The club lose any sort of negotiating power once the player is down to 12 months.
Considering the owners are constantly telling us how much it costs "just to keep the lights on", you'd think they'd pay a bit more attention to preserving the values of the few playing assets they do have.

Naughton, Darling, Pedersen, Cabango, Allen and Cullen are out of contract next summer with Broome, Fisher, Parker, Key, Tymon, Tjoe-A-On, Abdulai, Fulton and Ginnelly the following summer.
That's 15 of the first team squad who have less than two years remaining on their contracts and should have either been extended or sold this summer. Instead, they could possibly walk away for nothing and the club then has no money to reinvest into the squad

Why do we constantly seem to have a host of first team players in the last year of their contract? It always used to be typical that if a player had two years remaining, he either had to sign a new deal or be sold that summer. The club lose any sort of negotiating power once the player is down to 12 months.
Considering the owners are constantly telling us how much it costs "just to keep the lights on", you'd think they'd pay a bit more attention to preserving the values of the few playing assets they do have.

Naughton, Darling, Pedersen, Cabango, Allen and Cullen are out of contract next summer with Broome, Fisher, Parker, Key, Tymon, Tjoe-A-On, Abdulai, Fulton and Ginnelly the following summer.
That's 15 of the first team squad who have less than two years remaining on their contracts and should have either been extended or sold this summer. Instead, they could possibly walk away for nothing and the club then has no money to reinvest into the squad.
Tbf, only Cabango and Darling are likely to even be offered deal out of those expiring this season. Maybe Cullen if he has a good season, but feels increasingly the case that he isn't good enough for this level

Tbf, only Cabango and Darling are likely to even be offered deal out of those expiring this season. Maybe Cullen if he has a good season, but feels increasingly the case that he isn't good enough for this level
Fully agree with that, the issue then is where are we going to get the money to replace those who leave?
We have owners who don't spend money on the squad and we have very few (if any) players who could be sold for anything more than a couple of million.
Just seems like a matter of time before the squad is no longer good enough to be in the Championship, there's only so much you can do with loans and free transfers

Fully agree with that, the issue then is where are we going to get the money to replace those who leave?
We have owners who don't spend money on the squad and we have very few (if any) players who could be sold for anything more than a couple of million.
Just seems like a matter of time before the squad is no longer good enough to be in the Championship, there's only so much you can do with loans and free transfers
I think the vast majority of the league is like that.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back