• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Summer 2024 Transfer Rumours

We have around 6 weeks left of this window. As per usual, there will be late signings probably loans. Being slightly optimistic, maybe we have a Rushworth interest still . I don't see us signing another CB personally. The gaping gap in our squad is strikers, we know Myko isn't favoured and a reliance on Cullen is plain madness.

Are we balancing the books with a hope we do well in the relegation mini league?

Either way, Coleman and Co need to start delivering and back up their words with positive actions.

We have around 6 weeks left of this window. As per usual, there will be late signings probably loans. Being slightly optimistic, maybe we have a Rushworth interest still . I don't see us signing another CB personally. The gaping gap in our squad is strikers, we know Myko isn't favoured and a reliance on Cullen is plain madness.

Are we balancing the books with a hope we do well in the relegation mini league?

Either way, Coleman and Co need to start delivering and back up their words with positive actions.

We will get a CB. Not many of the clubs in championship have done much business yet, it's stating the obvious but we will see it ramp up this week and next.

Cullen is league one level so we NEED a striker, Myko is still an unknown to us all in honesty

Much can be said about how quiet it is. That either means nothing to report or plenty of work is going on but the loose lips that sink ships have been tossed overboard :sneaky:

"Macaulay Langstaff, for obvious reasons, has been linked since Williams first walked through the door. But it's understood there was never any real interest in bringing him to SA1 in this window, despite his positive relationship with the Swans boss. He's now joined Millwall.

Reports in Scotland have claimed that St Johnstone striker Adama Sidibeh has emerged as a potential target too, although those suggestions have been heavily played down by Swans insiders. It's also understood that reports of a bid for the 26-year-old are wide of the mark at this stage."

The Watcher.

Let’s hope things are being done behind the scenes given Franco was pretty much done overnight out of nowhere, but I get the feeling we won’t be signing many as I think we will be giving game time to the likes of Azeem, Govea, Parker & Lissah.

Let’s hope things are being done behind the scenes given Franco was pretty much done overnight out of nowhere, but I get the feeling we won’t be signing many as I think we will be giving game time to the likes of Azeem, Govea, Parker & Lissah.
It's a dangerous game relying on so many young and inexperienced players.
You need to manage the youngsters and to put too much pressure on so many is always asking for trouble both for the player and club.

Abdullai needs to really put his name into the fray although his versatility might be his issue going forward.
Lissah looks a good prospect but raw as the 1st Bristol Rovers goal showed....easily being pushed off the ball.
Govea and Parker are great prospects but raw and both have only turned 18 recently.

It's a dangerous game relying on so many young and inexperienced players.
You need to manage the youngsters and to put too much pressure on so many is always asking for trouble both for the player and club.

Abdullai needs to really put his name into the fray although his versatility might be his issue going forward.
Lissah looks a good prospect but raw as the 1st Bristol Rovers goal showed....easily being pushed off the ball.
Govea and Parker are great prospects but raw and both have only turned 18 recently.
Govea and Parker as understudies to Ronald and Eom is fine in my eyes. We also have Ginnelly who CAN play on the left but his best position is through the middle as a number 10.

Lissah also got sent off as the last man towards the end of last season in the reserves if I recall correctly. Seems he has much to learn and if he is to play first team championship football he needs to learn how to read the game better and to bulk up a bit.

I do also agree with Pego that a new keeper is the most urgent addition needed, after that another striker and after that a centre half.

Has anyone spotted a football league striker that might be worth a shout? I haven’t and after thinking Max Watters was the next Van Basten, I probably wouldn’t say if I had.
I recall Nathan Blake a few months ago, when questioned about Paul Mullen and Will Evans getting call ups, explaining in depth (he actually sounded offended at the suggestion) about the difference in quality between each league and reaction times for strikers - seconds to split seconds.

Has anyone spotted a football league striker that might be worth a shout? I haven’t and after thinking Max Watters was the next Van Basten, I probably wouldn’t say if I had.
I recall Nathan Blake a few months ago, when questioned about Paul Mullen and Will Evans getting call ups, explaining in depth (he actually sounded offended at the suggestion) about the difference in quality between each league and reaction times for strikers - seconds to split seconds.
If we sign a striker before the start of next season it'll probably be from abroad, just a hunch.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back