• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swans close in on Buchanan signing – two more ready to follow

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
The Swans are set to capture former Derby County left back Lee Buchanan as Michael Duff continues to build his squad ahead of the new season. Buchanan, who has spent the last twelve months at Werder Bremen, will sign on to join other new permanent additions to the Swansea City squad in Josh Ginnelly,...

Read more

0_art1.jpg

I can't deny that I've been very impressed with the way we are conducting business, prior to this season's start. I'm not expecting miracles, but at least we look like we're giving it a really good shot.

Its getting harder and harder not to feel positive about the coming season.
Exciting young signings, a really good preseason so far marred only by the hamstring injury to Ginnelly, a new manager who isn't all about PR and the "process"

bakajack said:
Its getting harder and harder not to feel positive about the coming season.
Exciting young signings, a really good preseason so far marred only by the hamstring injury to Ginnelly, a new manager who isn't all about PR and the "process"

Agreed, surely though there's bound be inevitable sales coming up at some point. I'd prefer to do things this way though so at least the new signings are having a pre-season with us instead of being plunged into things on deadline day.

Maybe lessons have been learnt.

Other than Piroe I’m not sure who else would be going - Ntcham maybe?

Can’t imagine this will be a permanent deal though will it?

Swansea93 said:
Can’t imagine this will be a permanent deal though will it?

With talk of a significant fee and a long term contract on the offering it sounds like a permanent deal to me.
Would be quite delighted if thats true

bakajack said:
With talk of a significant fee and a long term contract on the offering it sounds like a permanent deal to me.
Would be quite delighted if thats true

Significant fee?

Where has that been touted? Just saw he is contracted until 2026 so would assume they'd atleast want to break even if it's a perm.

Risc said:
Significant fee?

Where has that been touted? Just saw he is contracted until 2026 so would assume they'd at least want to break even if it's a perm.

I think they paid Derby some compensation.

He's had 3 starts and 20 sub appearances at Bremen so doubt if it will be a significant fee, so guess it will be break even or a small profit at most

3swan said:
I think they paid Derby some compensation.

He's had 3 starts and 20 sub appearances at Bremen so doubt if it will be a significant fee, so guess it will be break even or a small profit at most

I believe a buy-back clause and significant sell-on percentage clauses are common when the big boys sell a youngster a club further down the football ladder these days. No problem with that if it gets us a quality player.

Risc said:
Significant fee?

Where has that been touted? Just saw he is contracted until 2026 so would assume they'd atleast want to break even if it's a perm.

In the Swansea Independent article
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60479/lee-buchanan-signature-getting-closer-for-swansea-city

Magic_Michu said:
Other than Piroe I’m not sure who else would be going - Ntcham maybe?

Grimes to Southampton to join the clown was touted wasn't it? Any info on that?

All positive stuff so far.
The ones gone we were knew or suspected would be off.
Of our players Other than Piroe who is likely to go so we can get a decent return I hope no one else from last year goes.
We still need a core of the main squad to remain.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back