• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The EFL Championship Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Birmingham City | The Swansea.com Stadium

What will the result be against Birmingham City?

• Swans win

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Birmingham win

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From that today it's clear that there's a hell of a lot of work to do. Highlights of the game, or goal and darlings crunching tackle. Looked like 11 strangers today.

Captain_Sham said:
Almost a carbon copy of last season, conceding late from corner.

Captain, will you stop posting messages like that! I thought it meant that they'd scored :D

Captain_Sham said:
A point is a point.

2 sides who have made lots of changes since last season, so a point is fine.

Their goal came from a silly mistake on our part, which hopefully we won't see too much of in the future. Our goal was from a lovely move, something we'll hopefully see a lot more of.

Also, loving the Birmingham commentators attempt to paint the game as the plucky underdogs grabbing a point at the ground of a favourite for promotion.

Honourable mention for Rushworth, some brilliant reactive saves. No way that Fisher gets ahead of him this season barring an injury. A step above.

Shite.

The happy clappers will tell us all that “it’s a long season” and “trust the process” but we’ve been crap for years now and it’s never going to change under these owners.

The “SwaNseA WaY” bollox needs to die as well. I want to watch entertaining, winning football. Simple.

Roger said:
Shite.

The happy clappers will tell us all that “it’s a long season” and “trust the process” but we’ve been crap for years now and it’s never going to change under these owners.

The “SwaNseA WaY” bollox needs to die as well. I want to watch entertaining, winning football. Simple.

Have a wank and a curry Rog, it was fine.

Ratings for me:

Rushworth 7 - Played his part in being at fault for opening goal but made several great saves. Looks very promising
Key 8 - Never stopped running, looked far more dangerous in second half and I think he will kick on and be a favourite
Wood 7 - Kept it tidy and did what he could to keep Birmingham quiet
Cabango 6 - Also at fault for the opener thinking he had time to let the ball trickle to him when the press was on
Darling 7 - Surprised at his long throw, unlucky to hit the bar with a header after a corner
Ashby 6 - Looked rusty with his new team mates, I expect more when he develops an understanding with Darling
Grimes 8 - Worked hard in midfield and was definitely looking forwards more. Great ball to Cullen for the equalizer
Fulton 7 - Battled hard in a midfield where he was being over run
Paterson 6 - Thought that he had moments but was also anonymous for much of the game
Piroe 7 - A few sighters at goal including two scrambled off the line but never really had a clear chance
Yates 9 - Never stopped working, fought for everything and a great finish

Cullen 7 - Made an impact off the bench with a perfectly weighted ball for the assist
Abdulai 6 - One chance when through but made the wrong decision. Will learn and definitely one for the future

Duff 7 - The shape I don't think helped us, left it pretty late to make two changes. Had three changes left but never used them when we had Brum on the ropes.

A lot to be encouraged about after a slow, hesitant start where we couldn't work out how to get past their high press.
The best news of the lot is that we've replaced our Robin Reliant goalkeeper with a Rolls Royce.
Also very impressed with Key in defence and attack, this young lad will only get better.
Darling had a good game, his cruncher on Dembele was worth the admission on its own.
Great pass from Grimesy for the goal and a cool finish from Yates. Aberdulais was impressive too.
A lot for Duff to ponder.

Roger said:
Shite.

FuK ofF and watCh Man CiTy thEn. Simple :lol:

That's the first time in a long time we didn't look a soft touch.
Mixing it up with nice football and long balls in channels does no harm.
First game I'm ok with that.

I thought we did ok for a first outing.

Key did well, Abdulai did well.

We’d create a bit more variation if Darling was able to pass to his right rather than always going back inside.

Bound to take a while.

And on an extra positive note Piroe’s shirt won’t need to be washed so that saves a few pennies.

Needs a decision. Because it’s pointless him playing simply to avoid any injury.

Some smart saves from Rushworth as well after his / Cabango’s mistake in the first half.

I’ve seen far worse as an opening game. Also seen far better. We alway sign players so late the real thing is always the first time we see a few of them so it’s hardly surprising we look a little disjointed at times.

Looked like a side in transition to be fair.

Positives were Key, Rushworth (despite his mistake) and Abdullai.

Still don't like 3 CB's, and it pains me every time the oppo has a corner and we don't stick a man on the halfway line.

Roger said:
Shite.

So simple... :lol:

Nocountryforoldjack said:
From that today it's clear that there's a hell of a lot of work to do. Highlights of the game, or goal and darlings crunching tackle. Looked like 11 strangers today.

Tough opposition very blustery conditions and a predictably picky ref. Overall a good hard fought point

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back