• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The summer of test cricket - Ashes 2023

Niigata Jack said:
Root goes now, thought he was looking good for a century to, :(

I think England should've declared, especially with the weather forecast on Saturday and Sunday IMO

Skippyjack said:
I think England should've declared, especially with the weather forecast on Saturday and Sunday IMO

Might be right who knows, only about half hr left in the day now, Stokes looking to move the score on, Starc is injured as well now which bodes well for England

exiledclaseboy said:
Bat an hour in the morning, twat it about a bit and then stick em in.

Knowing England they'll probably lose the 6 wickets in hand for 35 by 11:30 :lol:

Niigata Jack said:
Knowing England they'll probably lose the 6 wickets in hand for 35 by 11:30 :lol:

It wouldn’t be unheard of. Not necessarily a bad thing either.

exiledclaseboy said:
It wouldn’t be unheard of. Not necessarily a bad thing either.

You don't know how the Aussies will bat in 2nd innings, ideally they want a 250 + lead

Niigata Jack said:
You don't know how the Aussies will bat in 2nd innings, ideally they want a 250 + lead

Absolutely but England have to win the game and Australia don’t. England will have to risk losing it to try and win it especially with the weather at the weekend. Ideally we’ll be here tomorrow night talking about England having won by an innings within three days. 👍

exiledclaseboy said:
Absolutely but England have to win the game and Australia don’t. England will have to risk losing it to try and win it especially with the weather at the weekend. Ideally we’ll be here tomorrow night talking about England having won by an innings within three days. 👍

England got a 67 run lead Ideally they'd like another 180/200 to go with that then pound the Aussies, I think they may get another 50 to 80 runs though, then have a good crack at bowling the Aussies out cheaply, Aussies aren't gonna be as bad batting in 2nd innings though, I doubt it anyway, I can see a draw in this one.

England have them by the bolloxs, unfortunately I think the weather gods will take this test...

Desperate times, call for desperate measures.

Cameron Bancroft, it's all forgiven my son, get a flight in to London and we'll have a taxi waiting to take you to the Oval.

Can't see the logic of batting on now, no matter what happens Australia won't be declaring again in this match. With tomorrow looking like a washout and little chance of much play Sunday surely England have yo declare mow and try and get most of the Aussies, if not all thier wickets today? Long shot, but thier only shot imho ...

Swanjaxs said:
Can't see the logic of batting on now, no matter what happens Australia won't be declaring again in this match. With tomorrow looking like a washout and little chance of much play Sunday surely England have yo declare mow and try and get most of the Aussies, if not all thier wickets today? Long shot, but thier only shot imho ...

My understanding is they saw what was happening to the pitch yesterday evening (the ball to get Root out particularly) and decided their best course of action was to get a lead of 200 while wearing the pitch down more and then putting Australia in with the hope of not having to bat again.

It's a gamble, but Australia just look so negative at the moment. If they carry that attitude into their batting, they could well suffer a traditionally England style collapse? Fingers crossed.

JackSomething said:
My understanding is they saw what was happening to the pitch yesterday evening (the ball to get Root out particularly) and decided their best course of action was to get a lead of 200 while wearing the pitch down more and then putting Australia in with the hope of not having to bat again.

It's a gamble, but Australia just look so negative at the moment. If they carry that attitude into their batting, they could well suffer a traditionally England style collapse? Fingers crossed.

I sort of see the logic of getting a heavy roller on to break the pitch up a little and batting the first hour to get the lead up to 150ish. but with the forecast for the weekend Australia will never be in a position to set England any sort of target even if they wanted too.
There is basically only two results here, an England win or a draw England surely have to get as many overs at the Aussies in today or the weather wins this test...

Swanjaxs said:
I sort of see the logic of getting a heavy roller on to break the pitch up a little and batting the first hour to get the lead up to 150ish. but with the forecast for the weekend Australia will never be in a position to set England any sort of target even if they wanted too.
There is basically only two results here, an England win or a draw England surely have to get as many overs at the Aussies in today or the weather wins this test...

I am now with you, especially with that last over before lunch yielding 15 runs. I suspect they may send Bairstow out after lunch with instructions to swing the bat at everything for a couple of overs (or until he's out), but I think they should declare and put Australia in immediately.

Tomorrow looks like a complete wash out at the moment and Sunday doesn't look much better. It's irrelevant if 189 is a big enough lead because if Australia exceed that total then it's almost certainly going to be a draw anyway. Got to hope for some brilliant bowling this afternoon and an Aussie collapse.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back