• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The summer of test cricket - Ashes 2023

JackSomething said:
I am now with you, especially with that last over before lunch yielding 15 runs. I suspect they may send Bairstow out after lunch with instructions to swing the bat at everything for a couple of overs (or until he's out), but I think they should declare and put Australia in immediately.

Tomorrow looks like a complete wash out at the moment and Sunday doesn't look much better. It's irrelevant if 189 is a big enough lead because if Australia exceed that total then it's almost certainly going to be a draw anyway. Got to hope for some brilliant bowling this afternoon and an Aussie collapse.

The feeling is that there might be some play on Sunday hopefully, even if England, and its a big if, can get the Aussies 7 down by close tonight it gives them a fighting chance, but I can honestly see the weather winning either way.

Swanjaxs said:
The feeling is that there might be some play on Sunday hopefully, even if England, and its a big if, can get the Aussies 7 down by close tonight it gives them a fighting chance, but I can honestly see the weather winning either way.

Australia quite happy taking time out of the match.

It seems a little strange England putting their main bowlers in the firing line, just to add a few more runs.

Glenn McGrath saying on TMS that the Australians don't want rain as it makes it really difficult for them to win this match. I'm guessing that was said with his tongue firmly in his cheek?

Total dominance, England obviously hoping for some play on Sunday and some inspirational bowling 🙏

Swanjaxs said:
Total dominance, England obviously hoping for some play on Sunday and some inspirational bowling 🙏

This is a confidence destroying exercise now in the hope it carries over into the batting. I hope it doesn’t come back to bite us on the arse.

Great knock Bairstow, unlucky, deserved a ton👏

It's England vs The Elements now 💪💥

If anyone gets a chance to watch the documentary on Amazon about the feud between Beefy and Ian Chappell...def worth a watch.
What a horrible obnoxious cvnt Chappell is.

exiledclaseboy said:
This is a confidence destroying exercise now in the hope it carries over into the batting. I hope it doesn’t come back to bite us on the arse.

US :?

Never thought they'd get such a big lead, fair play another two wickets before stumps and its on, surely.

sainthelens said:
If anyone gets a chance to watch the documentary on Amazon about the feud between Beefy and Ian Chappell...def worth a watch.
What a horrible obnoxious cvnt Chappell is.

I've seen bits of it, the bit where Beefy got up and walked off :lol:

Let’s hope for six wickets worth of dry weather over the next two days.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back