• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The summer of test cricket - Ashes 2023

Mind,the met office says it’s not currently raining in Swansea and I can confirm it’s pissing down in Penllergaer.

exiledclaseboy said:
Mind,the met office says it’s not currently raining in Swansea and I can confirm it’s pissing down in Penllergaer.

And here unfortunately, had a couple of soakings yesterday as well, proper wet lettuce weather :lol:

Glyn1 said:
Best Ashes series of all time? If anyone knows of a better one then please say so.

But I suppose that the Aussies will still be batting by 5 o'clock after a couple of hours of rain. I hope I'm wrong.

1981 & 2005 have both got to be up there for differing reasons.

2005 - England’s last series win over Australia in Test cricket was in 1987. (England 2-1)

1981 was a 6 match series and will always be remembered as "Botham's Ashes" - not forgetting the late Bob Willis. (England 3-1)

I've got a video somewhere (attic??) about the 1936/37 series, where England 2-0 after the first 2 - and a Bradman inspired comeback made it 3-2 Australia.

The only time I think a team has come back from 2-0 down, to win the series 3-2.

This present series will also take some beating.

TheLoneRanger said:
Pitch inspection @ 11.00.

Rob Key has been out there since early morning, helping with the clear up. 😂

Hope he's better with a mop and bucket than he was with a bat :lol:

“Very light drizzle” according to Agnew. The sort of stuff they probably wouldn’t go off for but won’t even think about starting or even inspecting in. Cos cricket is well weird.

Is it time then to re-jig the format, like the womens model?

3 Tests, 3 ODIs, 3 T20's

JustJack said:
Is it time then to re-jig the format, like the womens model?

3 Tests, 3 ODIs, 3 T20's

As money spinners go it doesn't get any better than England v Australia, they could probably sell out another 5 tests, so definitely no, plus there is already 3 ODI's and 3 T20's coming up after this test series! Lovely jubbley 🫡💪💥

Swanjaxs said:
As money spinners go it doesn't get any better than England v Australia, they could probably sell out another 5 tests, so definitely no, plus there is already 3 ODI's and 3 T20's coming up after this test series! Lovely jubbley 🫡💪💥

Right but bring them all together and then you make even more money when theres less chance of weather making such a huge impact on the competition.

They're not making any more money today, that's for sure

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back