• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The summer of test cricket - Ashes 2023

Swanjaxs said:
My bad for assuming there would be a white ball series after the Tests 😒
Suppose you can thank the crap 100 for that! Heard this could be the last one too, a revamp for next season by all accounts...

Pretty much. There are white ball games but not till September. They rammed the five ashes tests in before the end of July to keep August free for The 100. Which as you rightly say, is a bit crap.

For all my distaste for the ridiculous self-aggrandisement of something the West Indies were doing a million times better 50 years ago, and the attempt of the English, as usual to pretend they are in some way ‘special’, it’s a real shame it’s not looking like a decider as that would have been a corker of a contest. It’s been sunny here most of the day, and not a drop of rain. Should have brought the whole show down to Chippy Fields for the day.

At what time do they give up and decide no play? Not sure if there’s a certain time they are no longer allowed to play?

All over. Just have to win at The Oval now to keep Australia’s record of failing to win The Ashes in England for 22 years.

I’m sure you would all like to join me in congratulating the Australian cricket team on retaining the ashes.

What an achievement. Put us through the ringer last two tests with poor performances but alot has gone against them, tosses, always seemed to be batting in the more difficult conditions.

I’d also like to thank Benjamin Stokes for the declaration in the first test, it really did change test captaincy forever, and Jonathan Bairstow, you’ve been our best player son.

See you in 24 months.

Risc said:
I’m sure you would all like to join me in congratulating the Australian cricket team on retaining the ashes.

What an achievement. Put us through the ringer last two tests with poor performances but alot has gone against them, tosses, always seemed to be batting in the more difficult conditions.

I’d also like to thank Benjamin Stokes for the declaration in the first test, it really did change test captaincy forever, and Jonathan Bairstow, you’ve been our best player son.

See you in 24 months.

Aye that declaration on the 1st day will follow Stokes around for ever, saying that, for me, England have lost the Ashes rather than Australia won them...

Swanjaxs said:
Aye that declaration on the 1st day will follow Stokes around for ever, saying that, for me, England have lost the Ashes rather than Australia won them...

They haven’t won them yet. And the way the last two games have gone the series will probably be drawn. I will die on this hill. Australia haven’t won the ashes in England for 22 years. :lol:

exiledclaseboy said:
They haven’t won them yet. And the way the last two games have gone the series will probably be drawn. I will die on this hill. Australia haven’t won the ashes in England for 22 years. :lol:

Yes, should have said "retained the Ashes" but yes, the weather plays ball at the Oval and there's only one winner for me, and it ain't the baggy greens 😉

Updated stats.

Runs scored - England 2,437, Australia 2,381 (Aussies have had one more innings)
Wickets taken - England 73, Australia 65 (England have bowled once more at the Aussies)

Stupid game cricket. :lol:

For anyone still hankering for a test match fix, West Indies v India in on TNT Sports now. Windies need 365 to win. They’ve got no chance and bazball it most definitely ain’t.

exiledclaseboy said:
For anytime still hankering for a test match fix, West Indies v India in on TNT Sports now. Windies need 365 to win. They’ve got no chance and bazball it most definitely ain’t.

It'll take the Windies a year to get that total :lol:

Swanjaxs said:
It'll take the Windies a year to get that total :lol:

Chanderpaul was on three from 55 balls a few minutes ago but then went mental and hit the ball off the square a couple of times and he’s now 11 from 64. Dizzy stuff.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back