• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The summer of Test cricket thread

One of the starkest realisations of how the popularity of cricket has fallen in the Caribbean for me is the fact that, in a full house at Trent Bridge, there is virtually no support for the West Indies. In the 70s, 80s, and maybe the early 90s, the ground would have been 50/50 England and West Indies supporters (mostly UK-based).

Apparently, they are blaming the decline on the rise in popularity of basketball among the younger generation in the Caribbean.

One of the starkest realisations of how the popularity of cricket has fallen in the Caribbean for me is the fact that, in a full house at Trent Bridge, there is virtually no support for the West Indies. In the 70s, 80s, and maybe the early 90s, the ground would have been 50/50 England and West Indies supporters (mostly UK-based).

Apparently, they are blaming the decline on the rise in popularity of basketball among the younger generation in the Caribbean.
Aye I was thinking similar this morning. This is the first day of the series I’ve been able to watch properly for various reasons and it occurred to me how years ago England v the West Indies wasn’t just a sporting contest, it was a cultural event.

Aye I was thinking similar this morning. This is the first day of the series I’ve been able to watch properly for various reasons and it occurred to me how years ago England v the West Indies wasn’t just a sporting contest, it was a cultural event.
Absolutely it was! Do you remember the Windies fans of yesteryear banging soft drink cans together to add to the atmosphere? Wonderful memories 💖

Absolutely it was! Do you remember the Windies fans of yesteryear banging soft drink cans together to add to the atmosphere? Wonderful memories 💖
Fancy a so called piss poor Windies team giving England the run around and Gareth Southgate is nowhere to be seen, incredible stuff Jeff! 😂

Bring on the Hundred and the Summer of Love 😍

Fancy a so called piss poor Windies team giving England the run around and Gareth Southgate is nowhere to be seen, incredible stuff Jeff! 😂

Bring on the Hundred and the Summer of Love 😍
Aye that's what happens when two world class seamers retire in a short space of time (1,308 wickets between them)...

Aye that's what happens when two world class seamers retire in a short space of time (1,308 wickets between them)...
Jimmys there mun get him to get his spikes on and get his bowling shoulder warmed up.

Tremendous fight back from the West Indies, after their sh1te show at Lords - and they look like they're enjoying their cricket - especially Shamar Joseph. 😂

West Indies 430/9 ... Lead by 14

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back