• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Transfer window

Oli McB heavily linked to us again right now.

He was within minutes of signing last January, til SU pulled the plug. And we switched horses to Grant which thankfully fell through at the 11th hour.

Along with Jordan James, our ambitious new owners like Morris are showing proper intent, fair play.
Is this a parody account?

While I would be delighted to see Oli back here I am not sure that Sheff Utd would be prepared to accept the massive hit in transfer value it would take for that to happen. He is often started for them but another red for him lately may be testing the patience of Wilder.

The ambition does not look anything like we want it to be and when is the "frenzy" going to start?
Levene looks as if he is all over this again and our chairman says he is running the show , well come on then lets see some action on the incoming front and sorting the contracts of players who could leave at the end of the season

The ambition does not look anything like we want it to be and when is the "frenzy" going to start?
Levene looks as if he is all over this again and our chairman says he is running the show , well come on then lets see some action on the incoming front and sorting the contracts of players who could leave at the end of the season
I think the issue here is that this window has been built up by them, ultimately been a lot of talk from them so if they fail to back up their words again then the screw tightens even more.
As for the window, a safety net in our positions gives a little leeway regards to new recruits but it's a position(league wise) that can change for the better or worse very quickly.
It's a gamble either way but it's always worse if there hasn't been a pro active approach to things.

They have created the expectation with their words, or should I say Coleman has!?
Either way, they have backed themselves into a corner here.

Coleman made a mistake talking about the window. We want good comms, but he lets himself down by promising things he just can't make happen.

There was never any chance we would be seriously active in this window without departures with what we spent in the summer. I expect us to spend a relatively small amount on a player to help out in final third, and that's that, we won't do anymore business unless loans are recalled or late bids come in for any player.

Just to add - it's a sensible approach from the club. Jan is not a window to be chucking cash about, even if we could.

Overall Transfer market activity has been stymied by ongoing FFP investigations. And despite some of the local rumour chatter and positivity around our new owners, we’ll be lucky to see anything of note land in this window.

Let’s hope Luke earns his stripes and sweats our arsets unlike his recent predecessors.

Overall Transfer market activity has been stymied by ongoing FFP investigations. And despite some of the local rumour chatter and positivity around our new owners, we’ll be lucky to see anything of note land in this window.

Let’s hope Luke earns his stripes and sweats our arsets unlike his recent predecessors.

What frigging positivity around the owners!?
I think that's a new one on all of us whi

....all of us who live locally.

Sorry, couldn't find an edit button and posted the orevioys msg to early.

We Do need pace and we do need a hold up guy ( not dick turpin tho) the way things are looking will get neither
What changes ? nothing , as we are led up the path yet again thats what its looking like to me promises but no action as usual in Jan

The poster is either a bot or a WUM.
Question for Mr S, is there some way of spotting them?
It's erratic posting that's for sure.

Declaring the board are showing intent with McBurnie and James this window and now saying that we will be lucky to see anything of note!

So the board are showing intent, well that's the talk 😂 but yet don't expect much! One thing is for sure......that does sound like our board(all talk but no action).

We Do need pace and we do need a hold up guy ( not dick turpin tho) the way things are looking will get neither
What changes ? nothing , as we are led up the path yet again thats what its looking like to me promises but no action as usual in Jan
Could do with 3 players, a striker and 2 creative players.
It's a tough window and one where we are in a catch 22 league position wise.

We certainly need to have one eye over our shoulder though for sure.

FFP wise it was an OK decision not to spend last season as both playoffs and relegation were highly unlikely - and in all honesty, for all those who weren't dazzled into blindness by the short run of form late on in the season, Martin was never going to get us anywhere near the playoffs on the type of budget we'd be able to afford and his success at a team with a far superior budget will not change the views of those who keep in regular contact with their brains - i.e. those not allowing the boner they have for Martin to cloud their judgement.

The outside chance of relegation this season (yes, I know many will be angry at me for not being more alarmist about the possibility of being relegated) could just well be enough for these tight wads to prize open their wallets.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back