• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

We're down

• Thread starter eteb
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 127
  • Views: Views 10,766
We said the same in 2018 when we ended with home games against Stoke and Southampton

Let’s hope history doesn’t repeat itself

I've been saying for some time that this season has a very similar feel to that one, in the sense that during that season a lot of people felt we were too good to go down and there were "worse" teams. Player for player we were probably much better than Huddersfield, but they ended up surviving and we didn't.

You could probably say the same this year about QPR and Wednesday, pound for pound our squad is probably superior. But that's not how football works, you've got to go and get the results. At this moment in time there are teams below us who look far more likely to go and do that than we do.

Very much so. If ever there was a 'photo or it never happened' moment in the recent history of SCFC, then this is it.
The 'kids' who are claiming this happened, are the very people who video everything that goes on. Their first thought is 'get the phone out', its a generational thing i think.

The implications of relegation are slightly different this time. I'm guessing we may end up with the crowds of 10k or so. Its certainly not as devastating as losing the TV money.
For my part, it makes no difference. I watched us fall out of the top flight once before and our descent was much more rapid. In hindsight that seemed more humane. There was no hope of a return. We shot up and shot back down again. We landed back in Division 4 with a bump and started competing again. When we started winning again, it didn't matter to me that we weren't in Division 1 any more. What mattered was that I still had a team and that we won a game now and again.
This has been more painful. The suggestion we may make it back to the Prem slowly overtaken by the realisation that we are dissolving very gradually.
We will get relegated from the championship unless there is a change of approach. Just a matter of when.

The implications of relegation are slightly different this time. I'm guessing we may end up with the crowds of 10k or so. Its certainly not as devastating as losing the TV money.
For my part, it makes no difference. I watched us fall out of the top flight once before and our descent was much more rapid. In hindsight that seemed more humane. There was no hope of a return. We shot up and shot back down again. We landed back in Division 4 with a bump and started competing again. When we started winning again, it didn't matter to me that we weren't in Division 1 any more. What mattered was that I still had a team and that we won a game now and again.
This has been more painful. The suggestion we may make it back to the Prem slowly overtaken by the realisation that we are dissolving very gradually.
We will get relegated from the championship unless there is a change of approach. Just a matter of when.

It's been on the cards since the first summer after relegation when the Yanks conducted a panic firesale flogging most of our best players for less than their market value. That set the tone. I don't think any of us expected we would hold on to our highest earners but many might expected the club to use the parachute payments to make sure we weren't taken for a ride on the fee. Not a bit of it. Anything that wasn't nailed down, it was gone for a bag of footballs and a Mars bar.

Ever since then we've been on the back foot, because other clubs have known they can make derisory offers for our players and we'll take them. Coupled with our own poor hit rate with bringing players in, it's compounded matters.

The only reason it hasn't come home to roost before this season is because with previous coaching appointments, we've had decent executives in place with an eye for a good young coach who could make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. This time we've not been so lucky with Luton's janitor calling the shots. It was bound to happen eventually. The only shock is it took this long.

I've seen another unconnected tweet stating Watson was arguing with fans last night in Dorothys
Provided it’s true, then if Watson had an ounce of emotional intelligence he would realise there’s a good time and a bad time to go out on the razz, and now isn’t the time. Supposed to be an ambassador.

Provided it’s true, then if Watson had an ounce of emotional intelligence he would realise there’s a good time and a bad time to go out on the razz, and now isn’t the time. Supposed to be an ambassador.
Well from his previous conduct we are fully aware that he's completely time deaf or doesn't care. Taking Jones as guest to the Derby ffs. Arrogant, ignorant, stupid and moronic.

Wouldn't amaze me that Watson is looking for an angle(pay off).

If last night's rumours are true coupled with the Nathan Jones stunt live on TV, it really does raise the eyebrow regards his behaviour.

It's been on the cards since the first summer after relegation when the Yanks conducted a panic firesale flogging most of our best players for less than their market value. That set the tone. I don't think any of us expected we would hold on to our highest earners but many might expected the club to use the parachute payments to make sure we weren't taken for a ride on the fee. Not a bit of it. Anything that wasn't nailed down, it was gone for a bag of footballs and a Mars bar.

Ever since then we've been on the back foot, because other clubs have known they can make derisory offers for our players and we'll take them. Coupled with our own poor hit rate with bringing players in, it's compounded matters.

The only reason it hasn't come home to roost before this season is because with previous coaching appointments, we've had decent executives in place with an eye for a good young coach who could make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. This time we've not been so lucky with Luton's janitor calling the shots. It was bound to happen eventually. The only shock is it took this long.
You truly are in your element on this thread aren't you. Somewhere to lurk, and shirk your responsibilities as a proper fan.

Why on earth do folk like you bother to pretend to support our club when all you do is revel in our losses and slink away when we win ?

You seem to be cut from the same rancid cloth as our perennial doom mongers. With minimal logic, rationale or substance to your tedious, chip-on-the-shoulder bleatings. Pity.

Stick to your snooker, darts and tiddlywinks.

If we cant stay up with these home games left, it will be a fair cop.
Exactly. Our season isn’t going to be defined by losses to Southampton, Leeds or Ipswich. In case nobody’s noticed they’re beating pretty much everyone. It’s a crap season and we will eventually get relegated under these clueless owners. It’s unlikely to be this season though. Although it is too close for comfort.

Obviously we want to avoid relegation, as there’s no guarantee we’d bounce back. It would make us more affordable to new owners though, and might finally persuade our current owners that they need to feck off. So that could be a possible silver lining.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back