• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Womens European Championships

JustJack said:
FelindreJack said:
How many of those were given away?

No idea, what does it matter?

It doesn’t. Just saw a article a few weeks back saying they were giving away tickets for the match, didn’t know if all of them were given away or whether they sold x amount and give the rest away.

What I enjoy about the reaction to women’s football is all the fat middle aged blokes who may have kicked a ball or two up in Mynydd Newydd after a Saturday night skinful years ago opining with great authority about how poor the quality is. Nothing to do with them being women of course. Heaven forfend.

exiledclaseboy said:
What I enjoy about the reaction to women’s football is all the fat middle aged blokes who may have kicked a ball or two up in Mynydd Newydd after a Saturday night skinful years ago opining with great authority about how poor the quality is. Nothing to do with them being women of course. Heaven forfend.

Perch isn’t fat.

Skippyjack said:
England are the less crap of the two unfortunately

Unflattering but functional, such is tournament football

Norway will put up a tougher test.

Darran said:
exiledclaseboy said:

Perch isn’t fat.

He's not middle aged either! That ship sailed years ago :lol: :lol:

Heres hoping Northern Ireland can get something from the Norway game tonight, that would be fantastic to see.

Northern Ireland came through qualifying in 2nd place at the expense of Wales and indeed only managed to do so thanks to stealing a 2-2 draw in the away game at Newport, with an equaliser at the death. Their only two defeats in qualifying were to their group A opponents, Norway! They then beat Ukraine over two legs in 2021 to get to the tournament.

I think Wales have more professional players than they do, the gulf between some international sides in the womens game is still massive and make no mistake (as it would have been for Wales) its a huge achievement for NI to be at this stage.

2 of the next 3 matches have the favs at 1/16 and 1/18.
How the fck is this tournament competitive?

sainthelens said:

They are trying to grow the sport. The funding makes a fair few matches uncompetitive. Money talks.
Rugby suffers in the same way. The QFs are where it all starts to really shake out.

Good luck to the ladies. I hope the momentum keeps building for them.

monmouth said:
sainthelens said:

They are trying to grow the sport. The funding makes a fair few matches uncompetitive. Money talks.
Rugby suffers in the same way. The QFs are where it all starts to really shake out.

Good luck to the ladies. I hope the momentum keeps building for them.

And then there's different levels of funding,

The funding that just about puts together a professional squad of players and the funding that builds a whole infrastructure that supports them

Spain are a great example of how much time goes into doing it properly, it helps when you have a successful blueprint but now they are in a position where the women have been coached to play the same way as the men

2-0 Norway in the first 15 minutes.

Hopefully its not a hammering.

Dont have any problems with womens football it is a joy to ref and coach compared to to men who are far more prone to cheating even in teen years. It can be a diffucult watch on the tele but live I have a lot of time for it. Leon Knight gets this and most things in life all wrong.

Baron Goblet said:
Dont have any problems with womens football it is a joy to ref and coach compared to to men who are far more prone to cheating even in teen years. It can be a difficult watch on the tele but live I have a lot of time for it. Leon Knight gets this and most things in life all wrong.

Valiant effort in the end from NI, going down 4-1.

Their attitude will give them belief that they can have a good crack at Austria.

Tomorrow its onto the lively Group B

Spain v Finland at 5pm

Germany v Denmark at 8pm

Only caught the last 20 minutes of the Portugal v Switzerland game but it looked a good one. Swiss went 2-0 up but Portugal brought it back to 2-2

Netherlands - Sweden on shortly.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back