• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Yay, Brexit! Whoop!

Itchysphincter

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54260470

Let's list all the good shit here!

Longlostjack said:
UK shoppers will be able to buy bendy cucumbers again.

Itchysphincter said:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54260470

Let's list all the good shit here!

We can finally ban all so called 'good' coffees so all we've got to drink is Nescafe instant. Hoorah!, oh and good old Camp coffee with the British Officer and his Indian punkah wallah servant on the bottle like in the good old days of Empire. Harrrumph.

All British ex pats living in EU countries who retain British bank accounts and credit cards have been informed that these facilities are going to be withdrawn before the end of the year unless they can provide a UK address from which they can administer their accounts.

Up until now, these banks were happy to deal with them as EU residents.

This seems like a no win situation to me. The ex pats potentially lose their UK accounts and the banks lose presumably profitable customers.

This doesn't affect me at present, when I moved to Spain two years ago, I anticipated this shyte and told my bank I was moving within the UK. I gave my new address as that of a trusted family member. I do all my UK banking online, with the occasional cash point withdrawal when I'm back in the UK visiting. I'm wondering how easy it's going to be for ex pats to come up with a trusted UK address. This is going to cause massive complications for hundreds of thousands of British citizens.

Feck Boris, feck Brexit.

Pegojack said:
All British ex pats living in EU countries who retain British bank accounts and credit cards have been informed that these facilities are going to be withdrawn before the end of the year unless they can provide a UK address from which they can administer their accounts.

This seems like a no win situation to me. The ex pats potentially lose their UK accounts and the banks lose presumably profitable customers.

This doesn't affect me at present, when I moved to Spain two years ago, I anticipated this shyte and told my bank I was moving within the UK. I gave my new address as that of a trusted family member. I do all my UK banking online, with the occasional cash point withdrawal when I'm back in the UK visiting. I'm wondering how easy it's going to be for ex pats to come up with a trusted UK address. This is going to cause massive complications for hundreds of thousands of British citizens.

Feck Boris, feck Brexit.

It’s gonna be great!

Surely Gove and Davis and all the rest of them that promised us the best and easiest deal in the history of the universe are now only minutes away from announcing that the pavements are due to turn into gold and unicorns are going to start running around imminently. Add that to the massive weekly bump that the NHS is going to get - who wouldn’t vote for it?

Itchysphincter said:
Pegojack said:

Feck Boris, feck Brexit.

It’s gonna be great!

Surely Gove and Davis and all the rest of them that promised us the best and easiest deal in the history of the universe are now only minutes away from announcing that the pavements are due to turn into gold and unicorns are going to start running around imminently. Add that to the massive weekly bump that the NHS is going to get - who wouldn’t vote for it?

Oven ready...turkey.

Longlostjack said:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/23/no-deal-brexit-will-cost-uk-more-than-covid-report?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Well at least the Brexiters can now blame Covid, rather than remoaners, for the pure shitstorm they are willingly sailing us in to.

Increased food borne disease form chicken especially Salmonella-so more research funding to the area. That is of course beneficial to about 4 people in the UK including me.

Professor said:
Increased food borne disease form chicken especially Salmonella-so more research funding to the area. That is of course beneficial to about 4 people in the UK including me.

Yay!

Poor Felixstowe jack hahahahahaha :D

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back